Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

Are my eyes deceiving me or does the neck of Stef's guitar look too thin to be an eight string?

edit: nah

Inkblades

Quote from: Capt Snow on Mar 04, 2016, 11:00 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 04, 2016, 09:24 PM
Lol, poor Chino has to do damage control in the press now. Bad Stephen!

Is it me or does this read like a Trump tweet?

Ha. Read a lot of Trump tweets, do you?

And yeah, Deftones aren't gonna cancel a single because of what goes on at this silly little message board. Deftones gonna Deftones.

chuckles

Doom posted a new clip of a song with a solo... On IG..
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

ANattyRat

We'll have heard probably over half of the song through his tiny teasers before the album is even released, haha. Wonder if he has permission to do that, I'd never dream of leaking music from my friend's band without their permission.

sooniletugo

I'm gonna restrain myself from listening to it. I don't get why he keeps posting snippets of that song.

And the video... hopefully it's for Doomed User.

Reichward

Quote from: chuckles on Mar 05, 2016, 07:06 AM
Doom posted a new clip of a song with a solo... On IG..

That's Phantom Bride. We've had several teasers for this song yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCj38JKvWNr/?taken-by=tholyghost

from_musings

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 25, 2016, 05:58 AM

Deftones internet experts will do the talking "That 30-second Gore clip sounded like fucking ass on my computer speakers! This album is gonna suck, they're finished!"

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 04, 2016, 11:58 PM

Maybe someone from the band is reading SL, saw everyone shitting on P/T for sounding too much like Deftones, and figured 'why bother'

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.[1]

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e. "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.[2][3]"

mono

Someone knows if there is an online streaming in musink festival tonight?

mono

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 05, 2016, 04:48 AM
Are my eyes deceiving me or does the neck of Stef's guitar look too thin to be an eight string?

edit: nah

N0S3BLEED976

Thanks, saw that on instagram too, shortly after. Looked like a 7 string in the first picture, which would have been hella weird

XJohnnyX

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 05, 2016, 02:06 PM
Thanks, saw that on instagram too, shortly after. Looked like a 7 string in the first picture, which would have been hella weird
tholyghost posted a new video?? anyone downloaded it?

sooniletugo

This dude is directing the new video.

https://www.instagram.com/cbergquist/

Yoi Yes Kokan

i'm glad they only released one single, probably the driest song off the album too just like when hexagram was the first single, wait it was Minerva, yep the two driest songs on that record, but a single is never suppose to be the best songs, just the ones that represent the music on the album.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Mar 05, 2016, 03:47 PM
i'm glad they only released one single, probably the driest song off the album too just like when hexagram was the first single, wait it was Minerva, yep the two driest songs on that record, but a single is never suppose to be the best songs, just the ones that represent the music on the album.

Except Hexagram and Minerva are fucking gold!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Havoc

Hope they play a new tune tonight.

sooniletugo

Nothing much new in the Scuzz interview with Chino, it was an hour long but mostly music videos and stuff he's said in other recent interviews.

Chino wrote most of Gore, him and Sergio came up with the initial ideas of songs. Steph was the aggressor, he came in and escalated the songs, brought the aggressive side

Once Chino decided on the track order, they recorded the songs in that sequence as an experiment

As much as he would like to say he doesn't care about the reaction to their new music, he does, he worries

Chino says they hope to have video accompaniment on stage this tour, he's always liked that and it's him who puts those visuals together

They hadn't planned to play any new songs at Wembley before it was rescheduled, but they'll play a lot now

They like picking the setlist an hour before going onstage so it's like living in the moment and there's room for error, keeps them on their toes

Chino got to choose a video to play, he picked BQAD, said it's still one of the greatest songs they've written and the video was fun to do

Reichward

Hyped for the news songs. Hyped to the max

Yoi Yes Kokan

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 05, 2016, 04:55 PM
Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Mar 05, 2016, 03:47 PM

Except Hexagram and Minerva are fucking gold!

i like this new song more than both of those

stu_101

Totally stoked for this record - think/hope it will sound quite dark. Just my speculation, if Chino and Sergio wrote the record, I presume Chino plays guitar on most tracks. Typically, chino doesn't like the heavy tracks and guitar playing live - I therefore question the aggression the record might have...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANattyRat

Glad to hear they'll be playing lots of new songs at Wembley. Hopefully some less commonly played songs, too. I'm still hoping Abe's interview when he said about them wanting to switch up the setlists after the album is released is true.