Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 13, 2016, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure if it was Stef or Chino but that lush echoing sound in the verses of Prayers/Triangles has to be one of my favorite specific Deftones sounds ever. Definitely feels to be like a progression from the tune of KNY.

It should be Stef.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 13, 2016, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure if it was Stef or Chino but that lush echoing sound in the verses of Prayers/Triangles has to be one of my favorite specific Deftones sounds ever. Definitely feels to be like a progression from the tune of KNY.

I love it too. Prayers is their best opener since Hexagram in my opinion. Seems like Stef came up with that part since he's the one who played it during their live performance

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: musteatbrains on Mar 13, 2016, 05:42 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 13, 2016, 05:18 PM
Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Mar 13, 2016, 04:31 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted. An astounding cover of Prayers/Triangles by an Italian duo. Thought you might enjoy.

https://youtu.be/bTfoyYX8uh0

Yes, but it can't be posted enough. Gorgeous cover!

The chorus in the cover gave me goosebumps - something that the original did not do.

Thats probably because the chorus part in P/T was poorly mixed. Chino and the rest of the band were unhappy with the mix thats why they decided to go elsewhere with it but then decided to return to the original mix (which they were unhappy with).

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Mar 13, 2016, 08:05 PM
Thats probably because the chorus part in P/T was poorly mixed. Chino and the rest of the band were unhappy with the mix thats why they decided to go elsewhere with it but then decided to return to the original mix (which they were unhappy with).

They didn't decide to return to the previous mix, just to their previous engineer/producer Matt Hyde and mixed it with him again from scratch. It sounds great to me on Spotify through my stereo and I bet it will sound even better on vinyl

from_musings

the sound in the beginning and end of this teaser...

! No longer available]

...what happened to it? nowhere to be heard in the final single version. i liked it.. spooky and cool sounding

jciraheta

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 14, 2016, 09:02 AM

! No longer available]

...what happened to it? nowhere to be heard in the final single version. i liked it.. spooky and cool sounding

i am thinking that maybe just maybe it could be in another song  :P

xbloodycape

Quote from: jciraheta on Mar 14, 2016, 04:08 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Mar 14, 2016, 09:02 AM

! No longer available]

i am thinking that maybe just maybe it could be in another song  :P

Well the beginning part from When Girls Telephone Boys was originally from Needles and Pins so you never know.

But I personally think it was just for cinematic effect.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

xbloodycape

I don't get it

xbloodycape

Nevermind.

Doomed user confirmed for Wednesday

sharinglungs

Quote from: xbloodycape on Mar 14, 2016, 07:20 PM

Nevermind.

Doomed user confirmed for Wednesday

sweeeeet

plagasx

yyeyeeeessssssssssssssssssssss

Judging from the live performance, I think I'm gonna like this one more than Prayers.

77years

So will their eventual Sergio-era retrospective be called, "Ornithology"?

ANattyRat

YESSSSS. For once, they're releasing something earlier than what we though, not later, haha. What an awesome surprise! Thanks Deftones <3 one more song until the album drop. Can't wait to hear it, I think I'll love it more than Prayers/Triangles, it's got an awesome vibe to it.

HooiserBowhunter

I can't wait to hear the album version of doomed user. I wonder what song the music video was for too. I would think that would come out before the album release as well.

from_musings

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 14, 2016, 10:06 PM
YESSSSS. For once, they're releasing something earlier than what we though, not later, haha.

actually, the whole diamond eyes record in 2010 had at one point may 18 scheduled , but it changed to may 4.

anyway i hope chino's voice sounds ok on the song. i don't expect it to sound like chino adrenaline - s/t (fantastic four) i just pray it sounds ok.not awesome,mind blowing,unbelievable wonderful.just o fucking k. my biggest concern

sooniletugo

Maybe the video is for Hearts/Wires? Chino said that song sounds somewhere between Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac.

Reichward

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 14, 2016, 11:12 PM
Maybe the video is for Hearts/Wires? Chino said that song sounds somewhere between Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac.
I'd love that but if the video is to be released soon, it's way more likely that it's going to be for one of the singles.

sharinglungs

No it'll be for prayers/triangles. Chino doesn't play guitar on doomed user and it would be weird to release a video to an unreleased song.

phil for real

Where did he say this?  Can you link me?  Sounds interesting.

beansandcornbread

Really looking forward to Doomed User.  Haven't listened to the live version yet.