Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Mar 15, 2016, 02:21 AM
Really looking forward to Doomed User.  Haven't listened to the live version yet. 

There is doomed user and acid hologram. Its good you didn't hear it live, the quality is actually not that bad however it won't beat the studio version.
Code: [Select]

snw9

What is the other heavy song on this album?

ANattyRat

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 15, 2016, 03:00 AM

(L)MIRL is the heaviest, I think.

snw9

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 15, 2016, 03:02 AM

Thanks I think this is the one, if I remember correctly.

plagasx

Am I wrong for wanting the album to leak?? I mean, I will buy it regardless but if it leaks I will be so damn happy.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: plagasx on Mar 15, 2016, 03:37 AM
Am I wrong for wanting the album to leak?? I mean, I will buy it regardless but if it leaks I will be so damn happy.

Haha I hear ya man. The ying and yang of wanting the band to enjoy all of the successes they deserve all the while needing it cranking through my headphones ASAP. Its hard not to think selfishly when this is such a highly anticipated album. I mean what the hell is it going to sound like? haha Good news is we get another song Wednesday. I just hope its available early Wednesday so I can ride to work with it just cranked as loud as possible.

Freedomsoldier17

Acid Hologram was chino's favorite iirc

E-Money

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 15, 2016, 01:13 AM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 14, 2016, 11:12 PM
Maybe the video is for Hearts/Wires? Chino said that song sounds somewhere between Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac.

Where did he say this?  Can you link me?  Sounds interesting.

Yes I would like to see this as well. I don't remember him saying that.. Not saying he didn't just don't remember. Definitely excited to hear how that track turns out. And as always stoked to hear Rubicon. Their closers are always my favorite. Was listening to SNW the other day and Rivière is such an amazing track. You can really tell that was a difficult time just by the last note on that song.. Love that shit.

ANattyRat

I'm in two minds about it. I've pre-ordered the album, so I never feel guilty about listening to a leak since I'm not screwing them over out of money (plus I spent a lot on their ridiculously expensive merch, and I see them every time they come to the UK). I'm impatient and they're my favourite band, I can never resist listening to a leak. On the other hand, I do feel bad for them when they've set a release date and, after all that hard work, the music leaks anyway, out of their control. I remember when Diamond Eyes leaked, I think they (or Chino, at least) was a little angry about it being released before it was completely finished, production-wise, or something. Or that the fans listened to the leak and it doesn't sound as intended, so their first glimpse of the album isn't even the final product, isn't how they wanted it to sound.

plagasx

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 15, 2016, 05:02 AM

I'm in two minds about it. I've pre-ordered the album, so I never feel guilty about listening to a leak since I'm not screwing them over out of money (plus I spent a lot on their ridiculously expensive merch, and I see them every time they come to the UK). I'm impatient and they're my favourite band, I can never resist listening to a leak. On the other hand, I do feel bad for them when they've set a release date and, after all that hard work, the music leaks anyway, out of their control. I remember when Diamond Eyes leaked, I think they (or Chino, at least) was a little angry about it being released before it was completely finished, production-wise, or something. Or that the fans listened to the leak and it doesn't sound as intended, so their first glimpse of the album isn't even the final product, isn't how they wanted it to sound.

Yea, wasn't DE leaked like 2 months before release??

ANattyRat

Quote from: plagasx on Mar 15, 2016, 05:14 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 15, 2016, 05:02 AM

Yea, wasn't DE leaked like 2 months before release??

Yeah, like two months I think. I guess that's why they pushed the release date forward, too. So I can't blame them for not being happy about that.

punkflop01

I am really, really digging that image they used for the Doomed User instagram post. It just fits so well with the Deftones music. It's so sinister and would fit so well as an alternate album cover. Now I'm even more excited about the album coming out. I might just hold out until the 8th before listening to any new tracks - only 3 weeks! That's manageable!

from_musings

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 15, 2016, 03:52 AM
Acid Hologram was chino's favorite iirc

nah, that was stephens favourite. chino however said the opener on gore was one of his favourites. but after a while he felt that it wasn't as good as the rest of the songs, and that the record as a whole got better without it so it got scrapped. don't think chino has named a total favourite yet

from_musings

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 15, 2016, 03:17 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 15, 2016, 03:02 AM

Thanks I think this is the one, if I remember correctly.

daniel p carter said lmirl was one of the heaviest songs on the album, and that it had a "bjork kind of vibe"

lungdamage

Sounds like you are describing 'elite v2.0' ;)

sooniletugo

Quote from: E-Money on Mar 15, 2016, 03:59 AM
Maybe the video is for Hearts/Wires? Chino said that song sounds somewhere between Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac.

Yes I would like to see this as well. I don't remember him saying that.. Not saying he didn't just don't remember. Definitely excited to hear how that track turns out. And as always stoked to hear Rubicon. Their closers are always my favorite. Was listening to SNW the other day and Rivière is such an amazing track. You can really tell that was a difficult time just by the last note on that song.. Love that shit.

It's in a Chino interview in French magazine called MyRock. I assumed it had been posted but I can share the whole interview tonight. It's quite big, he's on the cover. Here's a few interesting bits:

He says Acid Hologram is probably his favourite song on the album. The song was written by Sergio.

Sergio did a great job on Diamond Eyes but he was still shy. Chino now realises how difficult it must've been for him. Now he's very much part of the band and contributes a lot.

He mentions Morrissey's influence, always fascinated by the way he sings about vulgar things in a beautiful manner, like on the Smiths song Paint A Vulgar Picture, that's where he discovered this idea.

Crosses guys are writing new songs at this moment.

Team Sleep has many, many, many songs. They are going to release an album, Chino just has to find the time to put down vocals.

Interviewer says Hearts/Wires is the most ambitious song on the album, says it's almost Pink Floyd. Chino loves the song, one of the first tracks they worked on. Very 70s, somewhere between Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac. It wasn't easy to work on this song, particularly because Stephen always hated it. They were going over the song again and again, and Stephen would go in the corner and cross his arms. Chino would say "Stephen, can you play with us please?" and he would keep sulking, like a spoiled child. He wouldn't stop; "I don't like it, I don't like it at all". Chino would say "trust me, in a few months you will sit down and listen to it in headphones and you will tell me this song is great". And you know what, that's exactly what will happen (Chino laughs).

from_musings

thanks a lot for the summary. so both stef & chino have the same song as a favourite, and that song is written by sergio? interesting. (i would guess everyone put their touch on it but whatever) hearts/wires sounds interesting as well.

Reichward

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 15, 2016, 10:26 AM
Quote from: E-Money on Mar 15, 2016, 03:59 AM

It's in a Chino interview in French magazine called MyRock. I assumed it had been posted but I can share the whole interview tonight.

I would appreciate that a lot. Thanks in advance.

ANattyRat

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 15, 2016, 10:38 AM
thanks a lot for the summary. so both stef & chino have the same song as a favourite, and that song is written by sergio? interesting. (i would guess everyone put their touch on it but whatever) hearts/wires sounds interesting as well.

Agree with you, very interesting how their musical tastes and ambitions for the album often differ greatly, but somehow they have the favourite song. Must be a nice mixture of everything, then. Hearts/Wires sounds very interesting.

Thanks for the info about the interview, sooniletugo.

2MoreHours

Quote from: punkflop01 on Mar 15, 2016, 06:00 AM
I am really, really digging that image they used for the Doomed User instagram post. It just fits so well with the Deftones music. It's so sinister and would fit so well as an alternate album cover. Now I'm even more excited about the album coming out. I might just hold out until the 8th before listening to any new tracks - only 3 weeks! That's manageable!

I'm holding out.  I'm not even going to listen to Doomed User but I'll come in here and see what people are saying about it.