Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 20, 2016, 07:24 AM
I finally caved and listened to P/T ahead of the album

Fucking incredible. If this was a track from the 'Eros' sessions, everyone would be calling it a Deftones watershed. FACT.

God you're annoying...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

2MoreHours

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 20, 2016, 08:42 PM

Fucking incredible. If this was a track from the 'Eros' sessions, everyone would be calling it a Deftones watershed. FACT.

God you're annoying...

FACT

rainnyx4

^Tend to agree with that sentiment. Deftones fans are clearly pretty pretentious and often want to go against the grain or take a stance that will position them in the obscure because they want to feel a part of some elite Deftones fan club that makes them somehow better than the casual or new fans (whether they consciously know it or not). The obsession over two mediocre tracks from Eros (and also the fawning over S/T) is pretty clear evidence of this in my opinion.

jaypayton

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 20, 2016, 08:36 PM
Quote from: jaypayton on Mar 20, 2016, 08:14 PM

man you are easily satisfied..you must think crosses is a masterpiece

I wouldn't call Crosses a "masterpiece," but I do find it very enjoyable.

Chino himself considers that Crosses album to be his favorite thing he's ever put out.

Personally, I prefer Palms to Crosses, when it comes to his sideprojects.

personally i think the Team Sleep demos owns all his other side projects (including the team sleep LP)

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: jaypayton on Mar 21, 2016, 12:52 AM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 20, 2016, 08:36 PM
Quote from: jaypayton on Mar 20, 2016, 08:14 PM

man you are easily satisfied..you must think crosses is a masterpiece

I wouldn't call Crosses a "masterpiece," but I do find it very enjoyable.

Chino himself considers that Crosses album to be his favorite thing he's ever put out.

Personally, I prefer Palms to Crosses, when it comes to his sideprojects.

personally i think the Team Sleep demos owns all his other side projects (including the team sleep LP)
PALMS is awesome, Crosses is too, but the fact that I listened to the crosses 5 song EP like 1000x I can't really listen to it anymore (overdid it). I really enjoy listening to PALMS full album from beginning to end while I cook, exercise, etc. its really great ambiance music. Team sleep is great too but I listened to it a lot during a dark time in my life, don't really want to revisit.

Hidalgo

i definitely think the crosses album is a masterpiece(my fav of his side projects). i can see why it's one of Chino's favorite things he's done. palms album is up there too.(masterpiece itself, my 2nd fav of his side projects). team sleep's debut album was really good too, & of course the 2002 TS demos

Mr Blonde

Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 20, 2016, 02:40 AM
Quote from: Mr Blonde on Mar 19, 2016, 11:56 PM
Jaypayton, you're a jackass.  Everything you type is utter bullshit, and you must be a complete loser to spend so much time on a message board of band you don't like.

Let's see a list of the cool shit you listen to.  You have such superior taste in music, so help us all out

dude relax your clit.

You're probably the second biggest douchebag on here.  Lot's cool fans from the the lurking I've done, but you and Jay, not so much.
Couple of whiny teenage girls, that bleed out of control when they're ripe

Phantasmagoria

Am I the only one who wishes they remained with the smooth production of KNY instead of going raw again with Doomed User?

KNY's smoothness brings with it an unreal atmosphere, which is what made it special imo.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: Phantasmagoria on Mar 21, 2016, 04:15 AM
Am I the only one who wishes they remained with the smooth production of KNY instead of going raw again with Doomed User?

KNY's smoothness brings with it an unreal atmosphere, which is what made it special imo.

I have to say initially I was hoping that Gore would take on a KNY feel too. After hearing Doomed User I have changed my thinking a bit. I am really loving Doomed User a lot, and Prayers/Triangles has grown on me as well. I can't wait to hear the direction the rest of the album goes.

sharinglungs

new interview from Beats1.. really only good part is that Doomed User is a personal experience for Chino it would seem.

ANattyRat

No way, for me (and a lot of people, I think) that was one of the aspects that I was hoping for a change from.

nineteen

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 21, 2016, 10:47 AM

No way, for me (and a lot of people, I think) that was one of the aspects that I was hoping for a change from.

Fully agree. Nick's stuff sounded good for the time but I was ready for a change. The new sounds are like visiting Treble City in Treble Land but I like it in the way that it's a bit different.

ZND84

can't wait for the new album to come out, i spoke to some insiders and it supposedly has a cool Puddle of Mud, Seether, almost a Nickelback kind of vibe.

2MoreHours

Quote from: ZND84 on Mar 21, 2016, 05:51 PM
can't wait for the new album to come out, i spoke to some insiders and it supposedly has a cool Puddle of Mud, Seether, almost a Nickelback kind of vibe.

Sweet!  Nickelback is the shiz.  I hope it has some songs like How You Remind Me, Photograph, and Rock Star.

2MoreHours

nr

ZND84

right on, that's the shit or "shiz" I'm talking about.

2MoreHours

Quote from: ZND84 on Mar 21, 2016, 06:21 PM
right on, that's the shit or "shiz" I'm talking about.

You got damn right!

Vesanic

Sleeping_Giant

God damn it, I got feeling that it won't leak till the end of next week  :( How is that even possible to keep this hidden for so long...

2MoreHours

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Mar 21, 2016, 07:50 PM
God damn it, I got feeling that it won't leak till the end of next week  :( How is that even possible to keep this hidden for so long...

Didn't the last album leak about a week before the release date?