Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinsanity

Koi No Yokan was only leaked like 5, 6  days before day of release, I think.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

jciraheta

fuckin crap, i even buy new headphones for this album and i cant hear it yet dem it

phil for real

Yeah Koi was just like a week before.  I think Diamond Eyes leaked a couple months in advance though.  I miss the days when albums leaked months ahead of schedule.

ANattyRat

Stop getting your hopes up about a leak! They obviously learned from whatever mistake led to Diamond Eyes leaking two months ahead of time. It's not going to leak until close enough to the release date that it's not worth pinning your hopes and dreams on. Relax, guys. After years of silence and no updates, we have two songs and a close release date!

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 21, 2016, 08:13 PM
I miss the days when albums leaked months ahead of schedule.

smh

phil for real

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 21, 2016, 08:46 PM

smh

Why is this a bad thing?  I want to hear the music asap. 

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 21, 2016, 09:02 PM

smh

Maybe it's not about what you want. Maybe it fucking sucks for the band if their music they've been working on for months just leaks and is available for everyone for free

2MoreHours

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 21, 2016, 09:06 PM

smh

Maybe it's not about what you want. Maybe it fucking sucks for the band if their music they've been working on for months just leaks and is available for everyone for free

Yeah but it's awesome for us!  In this day, bands get paid by touring and not so much off of album sales.

nicklav

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 21, 2016, 09:15 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 21, 2016, 09:06 PM

smh

Yeah but it's awesome for us!  In this day, bands get paid by touring and not so much off of album sales.

Yeah, but album sales translate into greater support from the label for bigger tours and future projects.

Hoping for a leak is extremely selfish.

phil for real

If you guys really expect album sales to be a key factor in todays music world, you're delusional.  Bands make money from touring.  Deftones have reached a point where they can tour whenever.  They're established with a large following.

illthrowROCKS@U

Guys DE leaked really early and is arguably their most commercially successful album since WP.

Most hardcore fans will still buy the album even if they download the leak early, and casual fans who would download illegally will just do so after the real release anyway.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

illthrowROCKS@U

To be clear, I'm not saying that it leaking would have NO effect, necessarily, but that it's not going to be a deal breaker.

Pirates gonna pirate.  Whether it's before the official release or not, they'll do it anyway.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

N0S3BLEED976

I think it's more about sentimental value than sales and profit. It's expected that people are going to download it illegally, anyway.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 21, 2016, 10:00 PM
I think it's more about sentimental value than sales and profit. It's expected that people are going to download it illegally, anyway.

That I can understand.  Spend a year or more on making an album and some asshole decides to upload it on the internet without your permission ahead of schedule...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Reichward

Did the albums leak before DE? If it's just these two then I think expecting Gore to leak like it's sure to happen is delusive. It can still happen but I won't count on it.

jciraheta

i remember the white pony leak way before like a month or so , for the ST , SNW DE  i dont remember at all, KNYK leak like jus aweek before tho

sharinglungs

They all leaked from white pony til now.

Hidalgo

S/T only leaked like 6 days early. can't even consider that a leak really. that's as good as it gets leak wise

2MoreHours

I miss the days of going in a CD store and picking out a CD or 2 and absolutely playing them out until I knew them like the back of my hand.  There was something kind of exciting about it.  Ripping off the plastic as fast as I could and sometimes cracking the case because I didn't want to pull off the sticker that went across the top.  Those were the days.  Now it's like, oh, so and so's album just came out.  Let me download it and see if it's any good.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 22, 2016, 12:00 AM
I miss the days of going in a CD store and picking out a CD or 2 and absolutely playing them out until I knew them like the back of my hand.  There was something kind of exciting about it.  Ripping off the plastic as fast as I could and sometimes cracking the case because I didn't want to pull off the sticker that went across the top.  Those were the days.  Now it's like, oh, so and so's album just came out.  Let me download it and see if it's any good.

Haha I feel the same way. I use to go to this music shop named Karma that reeked of incense. I would wander around the store with my 20 bucks, and look at the covers of cds forever of my favorite bands and rappers. Then ultimately decide on a cd. Often times it wasn't even the bands newest release. Sometimes it seemed as though my choices were so random, but ultimately shaped my music taste of today. I wish I would have bumped into Adrenaline a long time ago back then.