Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 23, 2016, 08:29 AM
I think we should at least get 30 second samples from all the songs.. That would hold us over til a leak.

No, no, no.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

mono

Quote from: luisch on Mar 23, 2016, 05:38 AM
I could wait a pair of weeks more. The hype is in a maximum level, but hey! these sensations of new music is only a few month each 4 years (and maybe this could be the last time, hope I'm wrong). I really enjoy the excitement and the conjectures of the moment, I read every interview, read every review, tryin' to catch a idea, and well, I will heard for first time entirely the debut day.

Like the old days!
Maybe "it's time" for the last time, but I hope not.

geraavl08

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 23, 2016, 08:29 AM
I think we should at least get 30 second samples from all the songs.. That would hold us over til a leak.

I ruined KNY by listening to those 30 second clips constantly before the album came out, won't be doing that for Gore

el perro

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 23, 2016, 08:04 AM
Quote from: el perro on Mar 23, 2016, 07:36 AM
Doomed User is growing on me and I'm starting to understand the vibe of this album which is Chino's and Serj's hipster metal album. I'm not saying that as a bad thing.

What's so hipster about it? They're just playing the music they like. I don't think they're trying to be hipster, or anything for that matter.

What's so hipster? Chino wearing a Beyonce t-shirt, referencing Morrissey and having Flamingos on the album cover is what's hipster about it. I'm joking, and I know Deftones have always been eclectic and alternative, but I'm getting that Crosses/Palms vibe about it mixed with some metal but more inclined toward alternative.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Val on Mar 23, 2016, 05:58 AM
Quote from: Entombed on Mar 23, 2016, 05:53 AM
Really wish "Crest" wasn't taken off the album. http://www.theprp.com/2016/03/22/news/deftones-chino-moreno-speak-songs-didnt-make-cut-gore-late-summer-tour-planned/
I honestly am not a big fan of P/T. Id much rather have whatever Crest is. I honestly hope they release the other songs so we can "build our own Gore" as it was originally intended to be.

If you'd never have heard Prayers/Triangles, you'd be saying you want to hear that, too. We just want what we can't have. I mean, regardless of what they are, I'd want to hear every single Deftones song ever recorded, haha. Unlikely though, sadly.

2MoreHours

90% of the stuff that doesn't end up on an album is missing for a reason.  Almost all of it sucks.

jaypayton

Quote from: el perro on Mar 23, 2016, 01:01 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 23, 2016, 08:04 AM
Quote from: el perro on Mar 23, 2016, 07:36 AM
Doomed User is growing on me and I'm starting to understand the vibe of this album which is Chino's and Serj's hipster metal album. I'm not saying that as a bad thing.

What's so hipster about it? They're just playing the music they like. I don't think they're trying to be hipster, or anything for that matter.

What's so hipster? Chino wearing a Beyonce t-shirt, referencing Morrissey and having Flamingos on the album cover is what's hipster about it. I'm joking, and I know Deftones have always been eclectic and alternative, but I'm getting that Crosses/Palms vibe about it mixed with some metal but more inclined toward alternative.

poor Chino has become a total hipster...right down to his urban pipeline shirts and thick glasses..i blame that shaun lopez guy for corrupting him....whats ironic is pitchfork does nothing but bash Chino and destroy every single project he does, so the hipster bible doesnt approve. they fuckin wrecked Crosses

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: jaypayton on Mar 23, 2016, 11:11 PM
poor Chino has become a total hipster...right down to his urban pipeline shirts and thick glasses..i blame that shaun lopez guy for corrupting him....whats ironic is pitchfork does nothing but bash Chino and destroy every single project he does, so the hipster bible doesnt approve. they fuckin wrecked Crosses

You're funny. I'd say better being a hipster and walking around with Ray Bans and flannels, than fitting the heavy metal or nu-metal image and dress like Max Cavalera.
Oh and Crosses is glorious, you little twat.

sooniletugo

Just ignore that guy, he talks nothing but shit about the band.

StaminaDaddy

ya "ban him" as everyone says when they get uncomfortable. Anyway anybody who uses the word hipster is a hipster. and chino was dressing like that since high school, it's just now he fills his clothes all the way out and can afford a pair of ray bans which is a good choice because they come with an awesome leather case and last forever as well as having superior eye protection.

ANattyRat

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 23, 2016, 10:50 PM
90% of the stuff that doesn't end up on an album is missing for a reason.  Almost all of it sucks.

It's not because it sucks, it's usually because they don't fit in with the rest of the songs, or because they simply have to cut down the songs.

2MoreHours

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 24, 2016, 01:35 AM

It's not because it sucks, it's usually because they don't fit in with the rest of the songs, or because they simply have to cut down the songs.

Listen to the SNW demos and tell me most of that didn't suck donkey dick.

ANattyRat

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 24, 2016, 02:00 AM

Considering the fact that I'm not often a fan of instrumental music (certainly not from songs that aren't intended to be instrumentals), I don't think they suck at all. Keeping in mind that Saturday Night Wrist was the most tense era for the band and they weren't communicating or really even jamming and making music the way they usually do. So I don't consider those demos to be the standard for any other unreleased songs they have.

Inkblades

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 24, 2016, 02:00 AM

I can listen to the SNW demos and tell you that many (FOD, #3, #5, #9, #13) would have made better songs than fucking Pink Cellphone.

StaminaDaddy

is pink cellphone really a song? it's more like a segue. Unless you took a song about anal sex so serious.

ANattyRat

Quote from: StaminaDaddy on Mar 24, 2016, 06:04 AM
is pink cellphone really a song? it's more like a segue. Unless you took a song about anal sex so serious.

Enough of a song to take up valuable space on an album.

Inkblades

Of course it's not a song. Why would a five minute musical composition with singing be a song?

from_musings

Quote from: StaminaDaddy on Mar 24, 2016, 12:46 AM
ya "ban him" as everyone says when they get uncomfortable.

yoi yes kokan detected  ;D

Thou cannot ban the unbanable

Martin

Just read that Blabbermouth post....pff...yet another item on the perceived inner-band tensions made up from one quote type of shit....fucking media. Trash, gossip, hear-say and then more trash.