Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil for real

Yeah I told him to leak it as well haha

sharinglungs

They won't leak it if you ask.

I hope we get something tomorrow, this is my weekend off at work, fri/sat/sun. So as you can see I would love to rock out all weekend with my cock out.

kurtone

Not to get anyone's hopes up. But I did some looking and last time Has It Leaked posted an album with #hype and #soon on their Facebook it leaked a day later. So take that for what it's worth lol

phil for real

Quote from: kurtone on Mar 31, 2016, 08:30 PM
Not to get anyone's hopes up. But I did some looking and last time Has It Leaked posted an album with #hype and #soon on their Facebook it leaked a day later. So take that for what it's worth lol

Yeah, I mean why would they post that if they didn't know something?

underneaththecar

can't stop refreshing pageeeeee gahhhh

RaptureWS

I looked back at the KNY thread and it actually had almost 400 pages a week prior to release vs the Gore thread now which has only 110 or so. Why do you guys think that is? My guess is that people just aren't very impressed by PT and DU (not speaking for myself of course). Of course, the KNY thread was nothing but a shitshow and I much prefer things the way they are this time around.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 08:32 PM

Yeah, I mean why would they post that if they didn't know something?

I think it's just based on its "hype rating" or whatever on their site.

LG95

Well given the album's out next Friday, it's not exactly inside news to say we'll hear it soon. I'm not taking anything from that to be honest.
I could float here forever

pelican fly

Well, that record store ( and probably a bunch more) got the vinyls and probably some cd's so.......

phil for real

Yeah if the stores have it, it's a good possibility we get it today.

gwenudo

Quote from: RaptureWS on Mar 31, 2016, 08:33 PM
I looked back at the KNY thread and it actually had almost 400 pages a week prior to release vs the Gore thread now which has only 110 or so. Why do you guys think that is? My guess is that people just aren't very impressed by PT and DU (not speaking for myself of course). Of course, the KNY thread was nothing but a shitshow and I much prefer things the way they are this time around.
Its not that, im pretty sure its Deftones PR's fault. Not everybody knows Deftones has a new record coming out, everyday i see new people barely finding out theyre coming out with a new album. Last time they promoted the shit out of Koi, i kept seeing it on ads on youtube and both twitter and facebook.. Whereas for Gore you dont even see that. Last time for koi they would even email us saying hey new album guys! And kept us up to date with everything.. For Gore we barely got any info. Its just the promotions fault, Gore isnt going to be a radio album, koi kinda was.
Was it like it seemed?...

BallZDeeP

Even a vinyl rip would work

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Mar 31, 2016, 08:37 PM
Its not that, im pretty sure its Deftones PR's fault. Not everybody knows Deftones has a new record coming out, everyday i see new people barely finding out theyre coming out with a new album. Last time they promoted the shit out of Koi, i kept seeing it on ads on youtube and both twitter and facebook.. Whereas for Gore you dont even see that. Last time for koi they would even email us saying hey new album guys! And kept us up to date with everything.. For Gore we barely got any info. Its just the promotions fault, Gore isnt going to be a radio album, koi kinda was.

Yeap, you're absolutely right... Such a great band and such a shitty marketing in regards to Gore.

RaptureWS

Good point. I did not think of it that way. I only get excited about new albums from a handful of bands anymore and Deftones are by far my favorite band, but not everyone Googles "Deftones new album" or visits this website on a semi regular basis like a lot of us do. Oh well. Hopefully the album sells well for the band though!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Mar 31, 2016, 08:47 PM

Yeap, you're absolutely right... Such a great band and such a shitty marketing in regards to Gore.

The record company/PR team for Deftones suck. End of story, always have.. they promoted the shit out of DE... KNY barely had ANY promo before release, minus the 3 songs we got, they didn't give us any info..

I find Gore actually has a little better promo, but barely.

pelican fly

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 31, 2016, 08:33 PM
Well given the album's out next Friday, it's not exactly inside news to say we'll hear it soon. I'm not taking anything from that to be honest.

Of course. I kind of think the same but we already have people showing off that physical copies are being sent out. Usually when someone posts a physical copy, it's coming very soon. If I remember correctly, the Koi leak started with people showing pics of their copies and then we got a clip of Poltergeist. Then the whole album was all over the place like bird shit in a matter of hours.

Any time now.

phil for real

Quote from: pelican fly on Mar 31, 2016, 08:51 PM

Of course. I kind of think the same but we already have people showing off that physical copies are being sent out. Usually when someone posts a physical copy, it's coming very soon. If I remember correctly, the Koi leak started with people showing pics of their copies and then we got a clip of Poltergeist. Then the whole album was all over the place like bird shit in a matter of hours.

Any time now.

What was it?  People showing the copy from record stores like the guy above?

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 08:54 PM
Quote from: pelican fly on Mar 31, 2016, 08:51 PM

Any time now.

What was it?  People showing the copy from record stores like the guy above?
It was pictures of the front, back, side, inside, and cover of the CD and booklet as well.. Pictures of the whole enchilada

gwenudo

Keep your eyes peeled on tumblr.. Thats where poltergeist was leaked last time and few hours later the whole album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phil for real

From who though?  How did the people get the album?