Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pelican fly

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 08:54 PM
Quote from: pelican fly on Mar 31, 2016, 08:51 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Mar 31, 2016, 08:33 PM
Quote from: kurtone on Mar 31, 2016, 08:30 PM
Not to get anyone's hopes up. But I did some looking and last time Has It Leaked posted an album with #hype and #soon on their Facebook it leaked a day later. So take that for what it's worth lol
Well given the album's out next Friday, it's not exactly inside news to say we'll hear it soon. I'm not taking anything from that to be honest.

Of course. I kind of think the same but we already have people showing off that physical copies are being sent out. Usually when someone posts a physical copy, it's coming very soon. If I remember correctly, the Koi leak started with people showing pics of their copies and then we got a clip of Poltergeist. Then the whole album was all over the place like bird shit in a matter of hours.

Any time now.

What was it?  People showing the copy from record stores like the guy above?

I just remember people posting the booklet and shit . On Tumbler I think. Then someone on here posted a clip.

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 08:57 PM
From who though?  How did the people get the album?
Pretty dure they had inside sources at record stores and were buying it off from them.
Was it like it seemed?...

phil for real

Wish we knew who those people were so we could contact them about it this time around lol

gwenudo

Its all good lol pretty soon somebody will come around, we'll have the leak this weekend i can feel it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pelican fly

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Mar 31, 2016, 09:00 PM
Its all good lol pretty soon somebody will come around, we'll have the leak this weekend i can feel it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

BallZDeeP

Some mag critics get it sent to them so a review is done before an album comes out..i got tossed plenty of advanced copies back in the day...but its not like that anymore cause of pirates (us all here )

I used to rip shit and give it to a friend or two..whirlwind effect

sharinglungs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcE0Hq0HXeg

just a quick mention on a pretty huge youtube channel WatchMojo. #8 btw

pelican fly

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Mar 31, 2016, 09:01 PM
Some mag critics get it sent to them so a review is done before an album comes out..i got tossed plenty of advanced copies back in the day...but its not like that anymore cause of pirates (us all here )

I used to rip shit and give it to a friend or two..whirlwind effect

I think most people that get to review it get access to a private stream instead of physical copy these days. I in no way know that as fact but the screenshot that leaked the tracklist from that person's phone was from a private stream I think.

gwenudo

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 31, 2016, 09:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcE0Hq0HXeg

just a quick mention on a pretty huge youtube channel WatchMojo. #8 btw
So dope!

from_musings

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Mar 31, 2016, 08:37 PM
For Gore we barely got any info.

Most info we got was from steph, trash talking the record and releasing his dragons on all the other band members.well done stefdodoubleg well done

phil for real

This is killing me lol

BallZDeeP

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 31, 2016, 08:51 PM
Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Mar 31, 2016, 08:47 PM
Quote from: gwenudo666 on Mar 31, 2016, 08:37 PM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Mar 31, 2016, 08:33 PM
I looked back at the KNY thread and it actually had almost 400 pages a week prior to release vs the Gore thread now which has only 110 or so. Why do you guys think that is? My guess is that people just aren't very impressed by PT and DU (not speaking for myself of course). Of course, the KNY thread was nothing but a shitshow and I much prefer things the way they are this time around.
Its not that, im pretty sure its Deftones PR's fault. Not everybody knows Deftones has a new record coming out, everyday i see new people barely finding out theyre coming out with a new album. Last time they promoted the shit out of Koi, i kept seeing it on ads on youtube and both twitter and facebook.. Whereas for Gore you dont even see that. Last time for koi they would even email us saying hey new album guys! And kept us up to date with everything.. For Gore we barely got any info. Its just the promotions fault, Gore isnt going to be a radio album, koi kinda was.

Yeap, you're absolutely right... Such a great band and such a shitty marketing in regards to Gore.

The record company/PR team for Deftones suck. End of story, always have.. they promoted the shit out of DE... KNY barely had ANY promo before release, minus the 3 songs we got, they didn't give us any info..

I find Gore actually has a little better promo, but barely.

You're right.  I don't know what these people are remembering, but KNY had probably the shittiest promotion of any Deftones album since they've been popular.  Gore is only slightly better, but yeah KNY got nothing.  Maybe they're thinking of DE?

Either way.  The KNY thread probably had so many more pages at this point before the release because the album had already leaked by this stage.  You'll see, the thread will EXPLODE as soon as Gore leaks.  I doubt it had anything to do with the single releases, as I (and I imagine many other people as well) consider the pre-release singles to Gore infinitely better than Leathers and Tempest.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

underneaththecar

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Mar 31, 2016, 09:35 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 09:33 PM
This is killing me lol

Indeed

I feel like all I can do is keep checking this page repeatedly

phil for real

Quote from: underneaththecar on Mar 31, 2016, 09:38 PM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Mar 31, 2016, 09:35 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 09:33 PM
This is killing me lol

Indeed

I feel like all I can do is keep checking this page repeatedly

Same.  Just rotting away waiting on this album.

Reichward

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 31, 2016, 09:38 PMEither way.  The KNY thread probably had so many more pages at this point before the release because the album had already leaked by this stage.  You'll see, the thread will EXPLODE as soon as Gore leaks.  I doubt it had anything to do with the single releases, as I (and I imagine many other people as well) consider the pre-release singles to Gore infinitely better than Leathers and Tempest.
We're already close to 20 new pages in a few days just because the press got to hear the album. When the album actually leaks/comes out on the 8th, I don't think I'll even try to catch up

from_musings

hey guys... pink maggit...pink cellphone... pink birds on gore.. what's up with pink all the time?

underneaththecar

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 31, 2016, 09:42 PM
hey guys... pink maggit...pink cellphone... pink birds on gore.. what's up with pink all the time?
Pink is so dope

cvthedrv

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 31, 2016, 09:42 PM

deftones have a femenine side, haven't you noticed it?