Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: defsteve on Apr 01, 2016, 01:51 AM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 01, 2016, 01:39 AM
Who wrote that last review?  Absolute idiot.  Can't stand whoever did haha. 

http://www.killyourstereo.com/reviews/1082964/deftones-gore
Kill your stereo? More like kill your vibe
Was it like it seemed?...

2MoreHours

Let's shit all over a guy for not saying Gore is the greatest album of all time.  It's funny how fans can be when a prerelease review isn't totally sucking off the band.

snw9

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 01, 2016, 01:52 AM
Let's shit all over a guy for not saying Gore is the greatest album of all time.  It's funny how fans can be when a prerelease review isn't totally sucking off the band.

Im sure he isn't a fan of the band or lacks taste in music. Asswipe reviewer
Code: [Select]

gwenudo

Its not that he gave the album a bad review, no i get that, but dude made deftones fanbase sound like a fucking disease

underneaththecar

I wouldn't say that the review has to be positive but he just gives off the vibe that he doesn't really care that much for the band in general is all

phil for real

I just looked at some other albums he gave better reviews and he has horrid taste in music.

2MoreHours

He didn't even give it a bad review.  He just said he doesn't think they have put out their best album yet.  To me, that's a compliment because he thinks they have more potential.

snw9

The upcoming release of gore has really brought down the prices of their other albums except for Koi no Yokan! 6 bucks a piece!

Scroll to the bottom

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Eyes-Deftones/dp/B003A7I4XA/ref=pd_cp_15_2/187-5373909-0958949?ie=UTF8&refRID=15XD5YEQRA70KY3FY2A9
Code: [Select]

Entombed

Quote from: underneaththecar on Apr 01, 2016, 01:49 AM
Quote from: Entombed on Apr 01, 2016, 01:48 AM
Could someone steal a copy beforehand and then pay for a copy when it's officially released that remains in the store? That way, inventory remains the same, but the item itself is purchased earlier.

This seems like a good strategy

Thanks. I figured borrowing is better than stealing.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

Lurid Vega

I was going to say,.. his taste is bland. Not good, should not be considered a legit review. Music in general is hard to review. It really can only be a rated personal opinion.

SMLiberator

Quote from: Taurini82 on Apr 01, 2016, 01:34 AM
[...]But to be fair, the title track is easily one of the heavier songs off the album and it is an absolute jam, showing just how well Deftones can blend their sounds and create their own brand of melody and brutality. It's like the new-age 'Hexagram' and that is only ever a good thing, people. [...]

the hype, tho
i'm confused??

BallZDeeP

At least we have a world premier on sunday if tomorrow and saturday come up short

Lurid Vega

I like what he said about Rubicon though

phil for real

I give up.  This album will just not leak lol.

2MoreHours

A lot of people don't like SNW and I think something is wrong with those people and their taste is bad.  We all have our opinions.  Re-read the review if you really think he was trying to offend Deftones fans or that he said anything negative.  It was a decent review.  Some of you are reading too much into it because he didn't say what you wanted him to say.

ANattyRat

It's not because he said it's not the greatest album of all time, way to exaggerate. It's because he's basically saying that no Deftones album is the best Deftones (???? That doesn't make sense), basically lists all the tracks every single other review has described as experimental, creative, different than anything they've done before, favourites, are just 'fine', but then says Prayers/Triangles, which again, basically every other review has described as the weakest song on the album, as deserving of a mention because it's an example of the band's 'musical dexterity'. Like OK, none of the experimental songs are examples of that, but a song that is very typical Deftones is? Sure thing. It's because what he's saying doesn't really make sense.

At least he has good things to say about Hearts/Wires, that's one of the very few things he's said that agrees with everyone else.

77years

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 01, 2016, 12:46 AM
I'm so hype for Acid Hologram.. that song title man..

I know.  It's very Lungfish

77years

Quote from: gwenudo on Mar 31, 2016, 11:54 PM
Am i the only one getting a HUM vibe from Xenon? Specifically their song "The Inuit Promise"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.  That riff is totally Downward is Heavenward

ghettovaquero

Sup fellas.

gwenudo