Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurid Vega

An interview said Terry Date mixed the whole album. Think that's what it said.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

chuckles

Deftones
Around the Fur
Saturday Night Wrist
White Pony
Koi No Yokan
Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

ghettovaquero

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 02, 2016, 02:02 PM
Fuck it, you know I'll probably just listen to Hearts/Wires when it premieres on that shitty BBC radio show tonight. The anticipation for this album has reduced me to a desperate, pathetic shell of a human being, even more so than before.
Ahahaha glad I'm not alone

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pinata89

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 02, 2016, 02:25 PM
An interview said Terry Date mixed the whole album. Think that's what it said.

God I hope so.

gwenudo

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 02, 2016, 02:24 PM
So...did Terry Date really have hand in mixing "Gore," or was that just some bullshit rumor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ves said it was true, and he has the album so i bet its true
Was it like it seemed?...

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 02, 2016, 02:09 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Apr 02, 2016, 02:05 PM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 02, 2016, 02:01 PM
Another SNW fan here...It is way up there for me but can't quite put it over White Pony.

White Pony
SNW
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
Adrenaline

It's all about personal preference I am suprised to see a few people rating DE low, its actually a really good record thats heavy and packs some great songs.
Honestly Diamond Eyes and Koi both felt too mainstream for me, its radio friendly in my opinion really.. Theyre not bad album by all means, i absolutely love certain tracks from both albums, but i dont get that weird deftones dark vibe from them and thats what i love mainly from them, im hoping Gore changes that.. So far, i believe Gore will be a homerun

I think Diamond Eyes was more mainstream, but I actually felt that Koi No Yokan was heavier/darker and sounded more full (I think more two guitar tracks). It was just also the subject matter of the songs (love related) might have made it softer to people.   That being said Swerve City was like their most radio friendly song ever lol

rageman02uk

Going to throw my list up;

Around The Fur
White Pony
Adrenaline
Koi No Yokan
Diamond Eyes
S/T
SNW

Still love each record for its own merits and tracks, but i'd go with that list if i had to pick.

Lurid Vega

Very curious to know what Ves thinks. Understand his stance on it though. 

Berserker_Armor

Back of the album says mixed by Matt Hyde

sooniletugo

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 02, 2016, 02:15 PM
Here's another review. The description for (L)MIRL and Phantom Bride are pretty interesting.

http://www.emp.de/blog/musik/emp-exklusiv-gore-von-den-deftones-im-track-by-track-review/

Putting those descriptions into Google Translate results in absolute nonsense. Could someone make a decent translation or sum up the main points?

gwenudo

Quote from: BlackDiamondSkye on Apr 02, 2016, 02:27 PM
Another SNW fan here...It is way up there for me but can't quite put it over White Pony.

White Pony
SNW
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
Adrenaline

It's all about personal preference I am suprised to see a few people rating DE low, its actually a really good record thats heavy and packs some great songs.
Honestly Diamond Eyes and Koi both felt too mainstream for me, its radio friendly in my opinion really.. Theyre not bad album by all means, i absolutely love certain tracks from both albums, but i dont get that weird deftones dark vibe from them and thats what i love mainly from them, im hoping Gore changes that.. So far, i believe Gore will be a homerun

I think Diamond Eyes was more mainstream, but I actually felt that Koi No Yokan was heavier/darker and sounded more full (I think more two guitar tracks). It was just also the subject matter of the songs (love related) might have made it softer to people.   That being said Swerve City was like their most radio friendly song ever lol
Swerve city, Entombed, Tempest, and leathers were all pretty much radio songs lol

gwenudo

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 02:28 PM
Back of the album says mixed by Matt Hyde
Probably says something else in the booklet

pinata89

S/T

Eros (guessing here)

White Pony

Around the Fur

Gore (just a guess lol)

Saturday Night Wrist

Adrenaline

KNY

Diamond Eyes

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: rageman02uk on Apr 02, 2016, 02:27 PM
Going to throw my list up;

Around The Fur
White Pony
Adrenaline
Koi No Yokan
Diamond Eyes
S/T
SNW

Still love each record for its own merits and tracks, but i'd go with that list if i had to pick.

It's so hard for me to rank them, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Around The Fur is the shit.

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 02, 2016, 02:29 PM
Quote from: BlackDiamondSkye on Apr 02, 2016, 02:27 PM

White Pony
SNW
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
Adrenaline

Swerve city, Entombed, Tempest, and leathers were all pretty much radio songs lol

Still lol Tempest is wicked, and Leathers would never be on the radio in Canada :p the only Deftones songs I ever hear on my radio are Change and Diamond Eyes.

Vesanic

White Pony
Deftones
Around the Fur
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan

Production wise I believe this makes the most sense. As for the music... Well that too. Fuckers

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 02, 2016, 02:30 PM
S/T

Eros (guessing here)

White Pony

Around the Fur

Gore (just a guess lol)

Saturday Night Wrist

Adrenaline

KNY

Diamond Eyes

lol love the Eros placement, I'm sure if it ever comes out I'd rank it that high too. Smile was amazing and everything else we heard about seems wicked.

LG95

The only genuine radio-friendly song on KNY is Swerve City, because of the immediacy of the riff. I wouldn't class any of the others as radio-friendly. The production's pretty clean, a bit too clean IMO, but to say it's a radio friendly record is a little bizarre.
I could float here forever

Berserker_Armor

What's the issue with KNY and DE production? Too clean?

ghettovaquero

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 02:36 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Around the Fur
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan

Production wise I believe this makes the most sense. As for the music... Well that too. Fuckers
Where do you rank gore?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk