Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker_Armor

Ok - Lovers definitely should have been on S/T

and yes, nothing should follow Pink Maggit.

Back to School is pretty cheese. The irony is if there was one album it had to be forced added to, WP should NOT have been it

Reichward

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 03:43 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 03:39 PM
Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 03:35 PM
Adrenaline isn't the band Deftones are now, but it's what got me into them.  Elite, Rx Queen, Street Carp, Teenager, are all songs I usually skip through.  I wasn't a big fan of White Pony when it first came out, and never really warmed up to it.  Boys Republic should've been on the regular album

Fair point.

But see, even there I can't agree haha. I think the way The Boy's Republic was brought to us couldn't have worked any better. When I listen to White Pony, I really don't want to hear a damn thing after Pink Maggit, as for the artistic experience and the whole "trip record" I mean. The Boy's Republic being issued on limited editions really feels like "Here's another sparkle from that era we didn't dare to give you before, for your enjoyment", and that's what I link it to when I hear it. It's one of their best songs hands down and totally feels White Pony-ish, but as weird as it sounds I don't think it has its place on it.
That's exactly it. Having anything after Pink Maggit dampens the impact of the whole thing. It's why I don't consider The Boy's Republic part of that album in the same way I don't consider Back To School part of it - the former's a much better song obviously but I can't think of anywhere it should go on the record. It's perfect as it is.

I don't consider Boy's Republic part of the record for the reason MrVesanique explained. I don't consider back to school part of the record because it sucks.

BallZDeeP

Get back on track. Wheres Gore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwenudo

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 02, 2016, 03:47 PM
Get back on track. Wheres Gore?

Theyre in music stores waiting to be heard
Was it like it seemed?...

whitefur

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 03:35 PM
Adrenaline isn't the band Deftones are now, but it's what got me into them.  Elite, Rx Queen, Street Carp, Teenager, are all songs I usually skip through.  I wasn't a big fan of White Pony when it first came out, and never really warmed up to it.  Boys Republic should've been on the regular album

Boys Republic is fire

illthrowROCKS@U

The best option, for me, would be to replace Back to School with The Boy's Republic in the BEGINNING.  I agree, nothing should come after Pink Maggot, it's such a fantastic way to end the album.  Back to School pretty much sucks, and TBR is an amazing song, and would even fit as an opener with that intro.  Somebody find a time machine...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Berserker_Armor

I bought my copy back in February. Would like the same consideration as those who are listening to it now for free please.

LG95

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2016, 03:49 PM
The best option, for me, would be to replace Back to School with The Boy's Republic in the BEGINNING.  I agree, nothing should come after Pink Maggot, it's such a fantastic way to end the album.  Back to School pretty much sucks, and TBR is an amazing song, and would even fit as an opener with that intro.  Somebody find a time machine...
Meh, I still don't think so. I ADORE Feiticeira as an opener.
I could float here forever

Reichward

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 03:49 PM
I bought my copy back in February. Would like the same consideration as those who are listening to it now for free please.

"Stop boasting you piece of crap, leak it now"

like this?

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 02, 2016, 03:51 PM

like this?

Referring to reviews. Like legitimately would love WB to send download code in email as a way of saying thanks

ANattyRat

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 03:52 PM

like this?

Referring to reviews. Like legitimately would love WB to send download code in email as a way of saying thanks

Why, because you pre-ordered it like a lot of other people? Then there'd be no point in having a release date.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 03:50 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2016, 03:49 PM
Meh, I still don't think so. I ADORE Feiticeira as an opener.

Feiticeira is a good song, but doesn't necessarily feel as "opener-ish" as that intro to The Boy's Republic does.  Just like Vesanic mentioned, TBR is definitely one of the best Deftones songs there is, top 10 easy, maybe even top 5.  I feel like it deserves a place on the album for that fact alone.

Of course this is all subjective, and an effort in futility, since that's not how it happened and it never will be that way.  Just trying to have fun and kill time waiting for the leak.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

gwenudo

Current mood:

ANattyRat

^ Perfect.

gwenudo

https://twitter.com/scuzztv/status/716286604864688129
Interview with Chino today apparently

Reichward

Nothing should come before Feticeira, it's even worse than a bonus track after Pink Maggit actually. The record is just perfect as it was initially meant to be. Feiticeira is like the beginning of a nightmare, which prolongs itself until Change, while Pink Maggit is like a slow coming back to reality. Maybe it's just my imagination talking, but it's the way I've always enjoyed it.

Come to think of it, I feel the same about Radiohead's OK Computer, with Airbag and The Tourist. Also one of my favourite albums of all time.

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 02, 2016, 03:54 PM
Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 03:52 PM

like this?

Why, because you pre-ordered it like a lot of other people? Then there'd be no point in having a release date.

Yeah, I'm not being clear.

I personally don't want special treatment. I'm saying, it would be cool if all the people who ordered a physical copy that comes with a download, could get the same stream websites are getting to review it - assuming that stream can't be ripped, or whatever precautions are in place

BallZDeeP

i cant believe my $100 contribution for a leak isnt working

quietcolor

Use Your Illusion II
WP
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
SNW
Adrenaline
it's so simple to look at every little thing i do wrong. it's so simple to overlook every little thing i do right.

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem