Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 02, 2016, 09:40 PM
Those whisper "breakdowns" or whatever on Acid Hologram (1:20, 2:25) really remind me of stuff from ATF, which is probably why I really dislike those parts...
AH would definitely be a 10/10 song without those parts...imo of course.
Still an amazing song.
Oh mate, the whispered vocals have always been one of my favourite things about Chino's singing. I've missed hearing him do those.

Quote from: Deadradio on Apr 02, 2016, 09:40 PM
Phantom Bride (currently creating tears)
I've only listened to it once (putting off listening to it anymore until the full album leaks) but I broke when the solo came in. Really pleased with that song.
I could float here forever

Diplo

The ending of Gore is almost like an sludge/doom band, love it.
Phantom Bride is just so freaking beautiful. the end is really what I want to hear from them.

kly617

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 09:42 PM
Quote from: kly617 on Apr 02, 2016, 09:29 PM
I don't feel like going through 50 or so pages.... Did the whole album leak or just some songs from it? And is the sound quality any good?

What do you think? Being a true fan doesn't come just like that with the traditional tons of wasted time you bigot.

Sorry. Didn't mean to come off as dick. Wasn't my intention.

Poltergeist

Quote from: Deadradio on Apr 02, 2016, 09:40 PM
Phantom Bride (currently creating tears)

Tell me about it. There's a sense of finality in that song. Gore will be the last Deftones album - I feel it.

nimmerzz

Anyone care to share?

lbcomputerhelp@gmail.com

pelican fly

I bet when we get to hear this in pristine quality, Stef's sound on Hologram will gnaw at your ears.

Papa Prune

Yo guys, back from my show. Album leaked? Can someone PM me a link or songs. Thanks.

RaptureWS

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2016, 09:36 PM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 02, 2016, 09:28 PM
Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 02, 2016, 09:23 PM
Fun Saturday
Agreed! Thank you so much! I'll tell you what.....even though these 5 tracks in total make me believe this will be the first ever Deftones album to somewhat disappoint me, I have had a lot of fun sharing new music and discussing it with fellow Deftones fans. I went to another Deftones fan site after things slowed down here and shared with them as well. Really good feeling to give the gift of Deftones :)

That's funny, because I was thinking the exact opposite! This is probably the first Deftones album to NOT disappoint me since Self Titled!

I've since grown to love SNW, but i wasnt too hip on it at first. DE and KNY are still lackluster to me, but this... this is fantastic! Pumped for Xenon and H/W too!
That's part of what makes Deftones great. Their music speaks to so many people in so many different ways. Deftones fans enjoy  practically endless types of music spanning just about every genre. A lot of bands that Deftones get lumped with (or least did in the earlier days) appeal to a specific audience. Deftones on the other hand have something for everyone in a sense.

I have been lucky enough to love love love everything they have touched up until now. Not because I am a fanboy but simply because their music always just hits the spot. As worried as I am that this could be the first time they disappoint me, I am very happy to know that this album will reinvigorate other fans that haven't been too keen on some of their past albums.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

colonelsausage

Hope that guy made it to the store in time  8)

Vesanic

Honest advice :

I'm grateful to YouWOuldKnow, thank you very much again. But I feel bad having listened to these. Didn't have this problem with DE and KNY, but here you can definitely tell they aimed for something bigger as a whole and this NEEDS to be heard in one shot. I will hold off on listening to anything else before Apr 8. I suggest you do the same. I know, it sounds easy from someone who's heard half of it, but like I said I kinda regret it already.

pinata89

Quote from: Papa Prune on Apr 02, 2016, 09:51 PM
Yo guys, back from my show. Album leaked? Can someone PM me a link or songs. Thanks.
Not yet

Rifle

Would someone be so kind to send me a link at jeff.willis84@yahoo.com

My body is ready.

guizz

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 09:53 PM
Honest advice :

I'm grateful to YouWOuldKnow, thank you very much again. But I feel bad having listened to these. Didn't have this problem with DE and KNY, but here you can definitely tell they aimed for something bigger as a whole and this NEEDS to be heard in one shot. I will hold off on listening to anything else before Apr 8. I suggest you do the same. I know, it sounds easy from someone who's heard half of it, but like I said I kinda regret it already.
that sucks man :( i decided to hold off, i am being strong here and its hard. but i wish i hadnt heard P/T and DU so i'm not ruining it even more now. Wish me luck.

Time4Tang

Would also very much appreciate a link too
hardballry24@gmail.com

Deft_ones

super curious for (L)MIRL. Had heard that was the heaviest song on the album but then we got gore. Can't wait

N0S3BLEED976

I regret listening to them, too. Already deleted all the new songs from my phone and I'm going to wait until friday to put on my vinyl copy

77years

Honest advice :

Agree 100%

fitch

Anyone care to share a link with me as well of the available songs? I will pass them along to the next person.

Thanks!

felloffthestage@live.ca

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Honest advice :

That I will sir!

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 09:10 PM
Ragged Record Store. Closes at 5... I'll never make it but I'll try. Fuk

Its 5 - Think he made it?!