Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa Prune

I really like Franck's work on acid hologram. It sets the mood of the track.

Substance Abuse

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 09:11 AM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 09:07 AM
Instrumentally, I think Rubicon is kinda HUM-ish.

Whoa. WHOA. Do NOT jerk me off like this, V...

If that was the single, people would have shit themselves. He's right.

RaptureWS

Gore/Phantom are even better in context of the album. And like others of have said........in terms of tracklist/album flow it feels similar to what they wanted to do on KNY except it works better, and I absolutely adore KNY. PT isn't as strange of an opener as it seems. I am not to Rubi yet (on Phantom) but.....everyone says the album takes off on H/W.....NO!!! It takes off on the song before it, GEOMETRIC FUCKING HEADDRESS! ONE listen and it's a top 5 all timer for me. No joke at all on that!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

phil for real

The album takes off from track one because it's a fucking beast of an album.

GR1X7S

Even I don't get the leak I appreciate everyone's input on what they're hearing.

play

Can you guys discuss this shit on another thread.... Wtf

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 09:05 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 09:01 AM
That's interesting, people say it doesn't sound like NIN? To me it sounds exactly like what you'd expect. I don't mean predictable, just that it's more of an expansion than going off in a different sound.

I think it turned a lot of people off because it wasn't a heavy album in the way Downward Spiral and With Teeth were. It does sound very simplistic compared to his other stuff; the devil is in the details though. He's getting older and can't be expected to destroy himself nightly like he did in his 20s and 30s. I've been a big fan of his film score stuff, so it was an easy transition to what he was going for with HM

sharinglungs

someone able to PM me a link or email me a link? cooljoker64@gmail.com? pleasseeee?

NYRexall

Quote from: Substance Abuse on Apr 03, 2016, 09:08 AM
NIN still puts on an amazing live show. I saw them last August. Best concert I've ever been to overall. They and Soundgarden were awesome.

I saw the Deftones in '09 at a general admission 900 capacity venue... The whole thing was a like a huge mosh pit. They played 'Melanie' at that show. One of my favorite moments.

The NIN/SG shows were indeed great. But I think Trent's voice is pretty much shot in a live sense. I remember reading an interview with him where he said he preferred the HTDA shows because it didn't ravage him the way a NIN show/tour requires. Plus he's got Mariqueen singing most of those songs, so he can kind of chill in the background out of focus.

2013 was an awesome year for NIN. He released that sprawling Girl With Dragon Tattoo soundtrack at the end of 2011, Deftones released KNY the next year, and within nine months of KNY we had the HTDA album and Hesitation Marks. Music was fuckin' rolling out with aplomb  ;D

GR1X7S

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 09:13 AM
Gore/Phantom are even better in context of the album. And like others of have said........in terms of tracklist/album flow it feels similar to what they wanted to do on KNY except it works better, and I absolutely adore KNY. PT isn't as strange of an opener as it seems. I am not to Rubi yet (on Phantom) but.....everyone says the album takes off on H/W.....NO!!! It takes off on the song before it, GEOMETRIC FUCKING HEADDRESS! ONE listen and it's a top 5 all timer for me. No joke at all on that!

Holy fuck!!!

CarloDefDonno

Buongiorno all of you, guys. So, has the whole thing leaked?

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

neirda

If anyone's kind enough to pm me. I've been a member for the last 4 years.
Been following the forum far before. Bought all of their album of course.

Shit I sound like a nagging bitch.

Cheers, can't waait

Substance Abuse

Quote from: play on Apr 03, 2016, 09:15 AM
Can you guys discuss this shit on another thread.... Wtf

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 09:05 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 09:01 AM
That's interesting, people say it doesn't sound like NIN? To me it sounds exactly like what you'd expect. I don't mean predictable, just that it's more of an expansion than going off in a different sound.

I think it turned a lot of people off because it wasn't a heavy album in the way Downward Spiral and With Teeth were. It does sound very simplistic compared to his other stuff; the devil is in the details though. He's getting older and can't be expected to destroy himself nightly like he did in his 20s and 30s. I've been a big fan of his film score stuff, so it was an easy transition to what he was going for with HM

Just minor chit chat. It's better to post that than post 'PM me' and e-mail addresses for three pages, lol.

Papa Prune

Geoletric headress... OH.MY.GOD.

A great compilation of what Deftones is. Really good track.

DeftonesNZ

Hearts/Wires is easily my favorite sounds like it could be straight from Eros.

kingforaday

I'm so fucking curious, guys, pm me a copy please.
raznotashow@gmail.com

Berserker_Armor

Vesanic

If you weren't convinced with P/T, you'll love it as an opener. It's just right on target. It's amazing. You can tell Chino's spent time on this tracklisting, it's done brilliantly.

kameron632

Quote from: neirda on Apr 03, 2016, 09:16 AM
If anyone's kind enough to pm me. I've been a member for the last 4 years.
Been following the forum far before. Bought all of their album of course.

Shit I sound like a nagging bitch.

Cheers, can't waait

Second that. Been here for a few years. Also helped send the first 3. Pls return a favor!

Sleeping_Giant

Btw,  where I can find a link?

Bergerac

It's very cohesive album, very solid, but I do see Stephen's point.