Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Don't send this shit to ppl who just now signed up asking for it.. that's exactly how it'll get spread everywhere and all the blogs.

77years

Phil pls check your inbox

Penicks

k i'd like a link too please

phil for real

Yeah it blows my mind that they've been doing it this long and are still just consistent with every release.  These dudes are unreal.

Qwerty1921

Oh well. So here am I, stupid newbie trying his luck. At least I'm honest  :D

But if one got 0,1% of chance to ge the leak instead of 0, gotta give it a shot!

Not gonna get my hopes up though. But it would be nice.

LG95

Abe's drumming on this thing btw... fuck I love that man.
I could float here forever

Substance Abuse

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 10:12 AM
Anyone want to do a track-by-track post of their opinions on the songs? Might as well, we got nothing left to do but enjoy the music and share opinions.

Sure.

1.) P/T - Solid opener. Nothing too galvanizing. A good, not great song. It flows well into the album and makes more sense as part of the whole package.

2.) Acid Hologram - Slow burn. Most of us have heard it. I love the axe work going into the chorus and abe surrounding steph's chords. Has a bit of an uplifting feel to it despite the heaviness.

3.) Doomed User - Initially I wasn't feeling the song, but it grew on me. The mix was initially an issue as the guitar felt a little garage rock-esque. Still the heavier sound on the chorus is a definite win. Chino's chorus work is reminiscent of KNY.

4.) Geometric Headdress - Atmospheric. Frank is all over this song. A very dramatic, nearly film soundtrack type song. It has tension. Abe once again steals a lot of this show, his drums surrounding the song in a stampede.

5.) Hearts/Wires - More of a ballad. A bit slower than the songs before it. Abe's percussion work is great here. I love the intro of the song. Starts very slow, kind of like Natalie Portman on Team Sleep. Well the original song, anyway.

6.) Pittura Infamante - Has an 80's vibe to it. Flows well from Hearts/Wires as it isn't a very heavy song. Chino's 'oooo'ing on the chorus is a nice touch.

7.) Xenon - Abe rocks the shit out of this song. The off-beat drumming is stellar. The guitar is similar to Doomed User. There is a tweak to the guitar to make it squeal a bit.

8.) (L)mir - A dark, atmospheric lead in blends into a bass heavy song, with some guitar licks. Not a typical Deftones song. There isn't a heavy wave of sound enveloping the track. It's a bit mellow.

9.) Gore - The heaviest song on the album. Abe's drum work is fantastic. Steph really shines on this track. The eight string is in full effect here. The chords just punish you. Chino is singing his ass off on this song. Guttural screams.

10.) Phantom Bride - Cantrell's solo is great. It comes off as a very sentimental song. I am assuming most have heard it.

11.) Rubicon - Probably listened to this more than anything on this record. Up beat. Aggressive and loud, but not angry. Such a good tune. Very catchy. This should have been the single.

Penicks

cheers m8s

RaptureWS

Quote from: shoop on Apr 03, 2016, 10:23 AM
Don't send this shit to ppl who just now signed up asking for it.. that's exactly how it'll get spread everywhere and all the blogs.

This. I have sent it to exactly one person that has been here since 06. That is it. Not because we are special or elitest, but because we can trust each other to explore the album amongst ourselves and take away some anxiety from waiting while knowqing the masses will get theirs soon and in higher quality.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

BZA

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 03, 2016, 10:24 AM
Abe's drumming on this thing btw... fuck I love that man.

Damn right... wow. Best drummer in the game if you ask me.

stemin84

I've been a regular lurker since 2010. Please send it my way! I've pre ordered the mega bundle and have tickets for  Wembley. Stemin84@gmail.com

BZA

This album is so fucking sexy.

LG95

I could float here forever

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 10:26 AM

This. I have sent it to exactly one person that has been here since 06. That is it. Not because we are special or elitest, but because we can trust each other to explore the album amongst ourselves and take away some anxiety from waiting while knowqing the masses will get theirs soon and in higher quality.

underneaththecar

Sooooo goooood

77years

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 03, 2016, 10:29 AM

stu_101

I'M SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winner

Please pm, been waiting for this for so long. Been listening since I copped Adrenaline in 7th grade... Won't share except here.

shoop

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 10:26 AM

Exactly. It's not even about it being "exclusive" to here, just so this quality doesn't get spread and people think this is actually the final product of a legit cd-rip.

Qwerty1921

You can be anxiously waiting for an album without being a part of a fan forum :)

But I get you guys. It's gonna be out there soon enough anyway. Cheers!