Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

I'll go out on a limb and say that the various preview tracks (PT, then DU, then AH/Gore/PB yesterday) have helped me get into this album more - how can I put it - deeply? than I would have without them. The first listen to this is really disorienting so it's nice to know a few of the tracks beforehand.

BTW, the part of Xenon "the deSIRE to remain..." is verrrryy Catherine Wheel Chrome-ish

Qwerty1921

This is just insane how these guys keep putting out quality CD like that, without repeating themselves.

But this one might be a bigger of a departure than usual.

77years

Quote from: heythere on Apr 03, 2016, 12:28 PM
Not gonna ask for a link or try to download, but can someone review the tracks: Hearts/Wires, Xenon, and LMIRL?

HW - very epic, melodic, powerful balladeering, Chino is everywhere

Xenon - catchy as all FUCK chorus, Abe doing some interesting stuff

LMIRL  - extremely intense, like a clenched fist that won't untighten, skating rink/mirror ball track, 70's sound (to me) heavy riffage

Moz

Quote from: Qwerty1921 on Apr 03, 2016, 12:31 PM
This is just insane how these guys keep putting out quality CD like that, without repeating themselves.

Yep.
I think this might be the best album since ST for me

ANattyRat

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 03, 2016, 12:29 PM
So can y'all assure me that PT and DU are the worst? You make this album sound like it's the real shit.

And aren't we supposed to have a radio release this evening (Hearts/Wires)? I hope we get a Youtube/Spotify version of this very soon.

I don't think Doomed User is one of the worst, but I've heard it enough that I just want to listen to the fresh ones for now. Prayers/Triangles is definitely the most typical, straightforward Deftones song on Gore, for sure, I can understand why it was chosen as the first single.

Also, the reviews, and all the people here, have been overwhelmingly positive, even people who didn't enjoy the last two albums, I think. Even one guy who said he was expecting to be disappointed because he didn't really like the first two songs we got.

Sunbath

Upconverting those vinyl rips won't do anything other than make the file bigger. It's like you'd have some old worn out cassette and you record that shit to a brand new cassette. It's still the same worn out recording. Only way to get higher quality is to go to higher quality source.

Haven't heard other than Acid Hologram once but I woudn't worry about than much about the rip quality. It's only 5 days anyway! You'll get the idea of the songs for sure.

Sonota

Quote from: illmono on Apr 03, 2016, 12:29 PM
guys, someone can upload the rip to another hosting? I have problems downloading from uploaded.net :/

i've reuploaded rip to zippyshare.

77years

So can y'all assure me that PT and DU are the worst? You make this album sound like it's the real shit.

And aren't we supposed to have a radio release this evening (Hearts/Wires)? I hope we get a Youtube/Spotify version of this very soon.

There is no "worst" - it flows perfectly

Interestingly enough, although PT & DU are extremely different, they sound (to me) like each is suddenly related to the other in the context of the full album

heythere

Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 12:33 PM
Not gonna ask for a link or try to download, but can someone review the tracks: Hearts/Wires, Xenon, and LMIRL?

LMIRL  - extremely intense, like a clenched fist that won't untighten, skating rink/mirror ball track, 70's sound (to me) heavy riffage

Judging by reviews, I'm very surprised about the media overblown "unhappiness" from Steph.  Gore is a crushing track, DU is heavy, and now hearing that LMIRL is very riff heavy.  I mean goddamn dude, this album sounds right up his alley

Qwerty1921

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 12:33 PM
Quote from: Qwerty1921 on Apr 03, 2016, 12:31 PM

Yep.
I think this might be the best album since ST for me
That's funny  :D 

Only recently I've grow to realize how great of a record ST is. I used to listen to it during teenages, considering it the "average" one. What a difference it made to come back to it recently. Definitely one of, if not my favorite now.

77years

Lmirl is probably my single favorite Deftones track since either Cherry Waves or Moana

m1nusblindfoLd

Can someone help me get the album? Read every page from overnight and all I see mentioned is getmetal..but when I downloaded from there it was a few bytes and didn't work. Tried again and says I can't download again. A few other sites haven't worked either.
Not a newbie..been here for years...

Thanks.

ANattyRat

So guys, what do we think will be the best songs played live? And what songs do you think WILL be played live? I hope to god they don't do another Koi No Yokan and leave so much of the album, a lot of the best songs, unplayed. I don't think they will though. I still remember Abe saying once the new album is out, they'll be playing new songs and switching up the setlist more, and I pray that that's true.

RaptureWS

Pretty much, yep.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

77years

Quote from: heythere on Apr 03, 2016, 12:36 PM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 12:33 PM

Judging by reviews, I'm very surprised about the media overblown "unhappiness" from Steph.  Gore is a crushing track, DU is heavy, and now hearing that LMIRL is very riff heavy.  I mean goddamn dude, this album sounds right up his alley

By riffage maybe not "Steph chugging" riffage, more like (as a point of comparison) Trackstar (ending) by Shudder To Think or The Nude by Catherine Wheel, pummeling intensity as opposed to stabbing Adrenaline-era riffs. Sorry I'm not as clear

heythere

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 12:37 PM
So guys, what do we think will be the best songs played live? And what songs do you think WILL be played live? I hope to god they don't do another Koi No Yokan and leave so much of the album, a lot of the best songs, unplayed. I don't think they will though. I still remember Abe saying once the new album is out, they'll be playing new songs and switching up the setlist more, and I pray that that's true.

Haven't heard Hearts/Wires except for the intro, and they HAVE to play that live it sounds so good. 

godline

Hi guys can somebody send me a link PM or email -

copocrathi@thrma.com

77years

I would love to hear a more well-rounded set list but I'll take what I can get

If they could pull it off:
Gore
Rubicon (can you imagine that shit)
LMIRL
Acid Hologram
Phantom Bride

Everything else would just be a bonus, but if they mixed those 5 in with some shit from S/T and the best of DE & SNW, I would dig it immensely

ANattyRat

Quote from: heythere on Apr 03, 2016, 12:39 PM

Haven't heard Hearts/Wires except for the intro, and they HAVE to play that live it sounds so good. 

If songs sounding good is the reason they HAVE to play songs, their shows will be six hours long or something, haha.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 03, 2016, 12:37 PM
Can someone help me get the album? Read every page from overnight and all I see mentioned is getmetal..but when I downloaded from there it was a few bytes and didn't work. Tried again and says I can't download again. A few other sites haven't worked either.
Not a newbie..been here for years...

Thanks.

Nvm got it.