Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:25 AM
ok, last time asking...but does anyone have a 320 version of H/W?  I am having trouble finding it, and I cleared my inbox (for sure), so any kind soul would be greatly appreciated!

spotify

NYRexall

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:30 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 04, 2016, 02:28 AM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 04, 2016, 02:01 AM

Heard their tour with Failure has been major and Matt's recently got his old rig back I think. It's all speculation but I heard it was very likely.

I saw three shows on that tour last summer. Hum blew Failure away all three nights. And Failure were fucking great, too.

I'm friends with Tim on FB and IG, and he's definitely hinted that they're in the studio working on *something*

so when you said "new Hum release", my ears immediately pricked up, lol
New Failure album was fantastic (no pun intended), and new HUM gives me a half chub! I went to like 5 shows on that tour, traveled alllllll over lol. saw Local H a few times too. Going to CHI in a few weeks, they are playing the "As Good As Dead" album all the way thru with the original drummer, Joe Daniels.

Love the new Failure album. Not as great as FP, but nothing ever will be. I remember Chino moding out about Failure being one of his favorite bands of all time when Deftones were on 120 Minutes (with Sergio filling in for Chi at the time!) in early-1999. I was stoked that one of my favorite bands was such a big fan of one of my other favorite (unsung) bands.

We were talking about Joe Daniels re-joining Local H on ETS the other day. Is this a permanent return or is he just guesting for the AGAD 20th shows?

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: draculakim on Apr 04, 2016, 02:33 AM
Haven't listened to the leak, checked out hearts/wires and man what a song. Gives me that feeling in my gut of being in real love for the first time, love it!

this is why music is so awesome in general. when you hear a song you love for the first time...almost an indescribable feeling

NYRexall

Quote from: jujuslim on Apr 04, 2016, 02:30 AM
HUM is my favorite band

Word. One of my very favorites, too. YPAA is one of my favorite things ever. I lost my shit with joy when I read that Quietus article where Chino said that album was such a huge influence on them. I guess it's obvious from the original WP album cover though, right?

pinata89

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 04, 2016, 02:36 AM
Quote from: jujuslim on Apr 04, 2016, 02:30 AM
HUM is my favorite band

Word. One of my very favorites, too. YPAA is one of my favorite things ever. I lost my shit with joy when I read that Quietus article where Chino said that album was such a huge influence on them. I guess it's obvious from the original WP album cover though, right?
I like Downward is Heavenward better, personally. Isle of the Cheetah!

Mr Blonde

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 04, 2016, 02:34 AM

Heard their tour with Failure has been major and Matt's recently got his old rig back I think. It's all speculation but I heard it was very likely.

I saw three shows on that tour last summer. Hum blew Failure away all three nights. And Failure were fucking great, too.

I'm friends with Tim on FB and IG, and he's definitely hinted that they're in the studio working on *something*

New Failure album was fantastic (no pun intended), and new HUM gives me a half chub! I went to like 5 shows on that tour, traveled alllllll over lol. saw Local H a few times too. Going to CHI in a few weeks, they are playing the "As Good As Dead" album all the way thru with the original drummer, Joe Daniels.

Love the new Failure album. Not as great as FP, but nothing ever will be. I remember Chino moding out about Failure being one of his favorite bands of all time when Deftones were on 120 Minutes (with Sergio filling in for Chi at the time!) in early-1999. I was stoked that one of my favorite bands was such a big fan of one of my other favorite (unsung) bands.

We were talking about Joe Daniels re-joining Local H on ETS the other day. Is this a permanent return or is he just guesting for the AGAD 20th shows?

Chino actually tried to get Ken to produce one of their albums around SNW.  Apparently Ken got back to their management and said he wouldn't know what to do with them

draculakim

Long time lurker, first time posting 🖖 Really digging this new sound. Can't wait for that vinyl!

elite54

HQ version anyone?

jujuslim

Deftones/HUM tour needs to happen!

pinata89

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 04, 2016, 02:38 AM

Chino actually tried to get Ken to produce one of their albums around SNW.  Apparently Ken got back to their management and said he wouldn't know what to do with them
Very interesting!! I didn't know this! And i dig deep for Ken A shit. Gotta link or anything?

I think the Joe D is just a one off deal. The other guy (Ryan  something) is gonna play too, apparently

NYRexall

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:37 AM

Most fans do, I think. And DIH is indeed a beautiful, mighty motherfucker of an album. Just not as dark as YPAA, which is what sets the latter higher up the bar for me.

Personally, my favorites on that record are Inuit Promise and Ms. Lazarus. I'd be interested in knowing if Chino or the other band members love DIH as much as they do YPAA..

beaverwithfishyshoes

Mr Blonde

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:40 AM

Very interesting!! I didn't know this! And i dig deep for Ken A shit. Gotta link or anything?

I think the Joe D is just a one off deal. The other guy (Ryan  something) is gonna play too, apparently

It's in a old Alternative Press.  Article was called idols or something, and Chino got to interview Ken.  He was a huge fan of the production on Failure Planet.  I'll try digging it up

jujuslim

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 04, 2016, 02:42 AM
Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:37 AM

Most fans do, I think. And DIH is indeed a beautiful, mighty motherfucker of an album. Just not as dark as YPAA, which is what sets the latter higher up the bar for me.

Personally, my favorites on that record are Inuit Promise and Ms. Lazarus. I'd be interested in knowing if Chino or the other band members love DIH as much as they do YPAA..
The scientists!

pinata89

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 04, 2016, 02:43 AM
Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:40 AM

It's in a old Alternative Press.  Article was called idols or something, and Chino got to interview Ken.  He was a huge fan of the production on Failure Planet.  I'll try digging it up
Please do man! I would absolutely love to read!

Mr Blonde

It's called idol worship and it's in the June 2005 AP issue.
This was the best I could do at the moment. 
http://www.altpress.com/magazine/issue/203-2_-_warped_tour_2005

ominousnimbus

So, Failure and HUM are both gods. If I'm being totally honest, I love Deftones, but those bands are on an even higher tier to me - among my favorites of all time.

Failure's The Heart Is a Monster from last year has to be one of the greatest comeback records after a 15+ year hiatus in rock history. As mentioned, it's not quite Fantastic Planet, but it's shockingly close to being that good. And best of all, they didn't accomplish that through token nostalgia that sounds like the old stuff but lacks a little of the soul - it's an incredibly creative effort with a new direction, and it's actually really fucking great.

I can't even imagine getting new HUM that's equally good, but it sounds like that may happen. What a grew few years for music.

Personally, I hear a noticeable Failure influence - circa Fantastic Planet - on Gore. This is especially true if you think about the darker tracks from FP, like "Heliotropic" or "Solaris." I'm not hearing as much HUM on this one, but they've no doubt left their mark on previous 'Tones material like "Knife Party."

NYRexall

Quote from: jujuslim on Apr 04, 2016, 02:38 AM
Hell yea! New HUM on the way!!
https://www.facebook.com/humbandofficial/posts/10153488223498697

Don't they have like five or six songs from their 90's run that are unrecorded? Inklings, Cloud City and several others. The version of Inklings they played on last year's tour is clearly different from the one they were playing in the early 2000s

A fucking Deftones/Hum tour would be epic. Someone needs to seriously consider a traveling festival-type event with Hum, Failure, Deftones, Nothing and a few other bands who have been championing Hum and Failure as major influences in the last ten years

pinata89

Quote from: ominousnimbus on Apr 04, 2016, 02:53 AM
So, Failure and HUM are both gods. If I'm being totally honest, I love Deftones, but those bands are on an even higher tier to me - among my favorites of all time.

Failure's The Heart Is a Monster from last year has to be one of the greatest comeback records after a 15+ year hiatus in rock history. As mentioned, it's not quite Fantastic Planet, but it's shockingly close to being that good. And best of all, they didn't accomplish that through token nostalgia that sounds like the old stuff but lacks a little of the soul - it's an incredibly creative effort with a new direction, and it's actually really fucking great.

I can't even imagine getting new HUM that's equally good, but it sounds like that may happen. What a grew few years for music.

Personally, I hear a noticeable Failure influence - circa Fantastic Planet - on Gore. This is especially true if you think about the darker tracks from FP, like "Heliotropic" or "Solaris." I'm not hearing as much HUM on this one, but they've no doubt left their mark on previous 'Tones material like "Knife Party."
This. +100. Great post bro.