geometric headdress
acid hologram
hearts-wires
pittura infamante
Xenon
phantom bride
rubicon
(L)mirl

Oh yes.  That would make a fantastic set list too.

I really want them to open a show with Gore > PT > Acid H > LMIRL.   I'd lose my shit

ANattyRat

Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 09:17 AM
Can't believe everyone seems to be playing the shit out of that piss poor vinyl rip. Just wait until better quality arrives. If you can't tell much of a difference, then you must be listening to this on some shit like a laptop or something ridiculous. Play this on decent spears and the difference between the official releases so far compared to the current rip are worlds apart. To the point where even i'm holding off after already listening to the album a few times the other day.

I spent a very long time listening to music on £1 headphones. Bad quality doesn't stop me from enjoying anything. Obviously once my CD gets here on the 8th, it'll be much better quality and it'll sound much better, I'll notice a lot more cool things in the songs, which will only add to my love of the music. But bad quality doesn't take away anything for me, it's just that good quality adds things.

Course, most people differ from me in that aspect of things, in which case, definitely don't get too hung up on the sound of the album before having the CD (or vinyl or digital download) to listen to as it was intended.

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 09:43 AM
Quote from: redeemer96 on Apr 04, 2016, 09:28 AM
Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 09:04 AM
I don't really know what to say.

Well the great thing about deftones is that not every song or album is for everyone. I could see how you felt chinos vocals werent well mixed nd felt very different than before, which may have to do in part with the new producer...or because of the quality from the vinyl rip. Regardless of the reason give it another try on friday, your mind might change a little.
Heres H/W in radio quality http://www.upsetmagazine.com/listen/deftones-unveil-new-track-heartswires/ which imo chino sounds much better than on the vinyl rip.

Boom. This is pretty much all I needed. Thanks. Sounds fantastic. Had myself kind of lost there.

FYI don't listen to a shitty quality leak on poweramp through a dodgy levels preset.

So it was an issue with the audio quality, not the music/vocals themselves?

Also, listen to Hearts/Wires on Spotify, I think it's even better quality than on that link.

phil for real

That chorus on LMIRL is just astounding and beautiful.  It reminds me so much of something, but I cannot think of what.  One of the best choruses this band has ever written.

Qwerty1921

LMIRL is fucking mindblowing in every way.

And it's only a poor quality rip.

play

I am so fucking glad Iv held off listening to the vinyl rip.

First time Iv ever actually been able to wait to listen to a leak.

It's really interesting reading everyone's opinions and reviews. Each description I read, one after the other is honestly the most fucking exciting feeling. I keep trying to  imagine what it will sound like, and then il read a different perspective on a song. I'm in love with how their music is so personal like that.

I'm so fucking hyped.

Holding out for the 320 rip.

Gonna finish work tomorow (I live in Sydney) I'm praying for the leak by then, and il go home crack open an ice cold beer and jump in to this dream. Where nothing else. Fucking. Matters... :)

77years

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 04, 2016, 10:56 AM
That chorus on LMIRL is just astounding and beautiful.  It reminds me so much of something, but I cannot think of what.  One of the best choruses this band has ever written.

Hell yes.   The first 30 seconds of that song, followed by those intro lyrics, just blow my mind. By far my favorite song.  I really hope they play that live

shoop

This thread sponsored by-

Lurid Vega

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 04, 2016, 10:55 AM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 09:17 AM
Can't believe everyone seems to be playing the shit out of that piss poor vinyl rip. Just wait until better quality arrives. If you can't tell much of a difference, then you must be listening to this on some shit like a laptop or something ridiculous. Play this on decent spears and the difference between the official releases so far compared to the current rip are worlds apart. To the point where even i'm holding off after already listening to the album a few times the other day.

I spent a very long time listening to music on £1 headphones. Bad quality doesn't stop me from enjoying anything. Obviously once my CD gets here on the 8th, it'll be much better quality and it'll sound much better, I'll notice a lot more cool things in the songs, which will only add to my love of the music. But bad quality doesn't take away anything for me, it's just that good quality adds things.

Course, most people differ from me in that aspect of things, in which case, definitely don't get too hung up on the sound of the album before having the CD (or vinyl or digital download) to listen to as it was intended.

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 09:43 AM
Quote from: redeemer96 on Apr 04, 2016, 09:28 AM
Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 09:04 AM
I don't really know what to say.

Well the great thing about deftones is that not every song or album is for everyone. I could see how you felt chinos vocals werent well mixed nd felt very different than before, which may have to do in part with the new producer...or because of the quality from the vinyl rip. Regardless of the reason give it another try on friday, your mind might change a little.
Heres H/W in radio quality http://www.upsetmagazine.com/listen/deftones-unveil-new-track-heartswires/ which imo chino sounds much better than on the vinyl rip.

Boom. This is pretty much all I needed. Thanks. Sounds fantastic. Had myself kind of lost there.

FYI don't listen to a shitty quality leak on poweramp through a dodgy levels preset.

So it was an issue with the audio quality, not the music/vocals themselves?

Also, listen to Hearts/Wires on Spotify, I think it's even better quality than on that link.
I actually just bought Hearts/Wires on Amazon also. Wanted to hear full quality and it's like 1.30$

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

luisch

I Need the lyrics of H/W. Better Deftones since S/T, imo.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

mono

Quote from: 77years on Apr 04, 2016, 10:43 AM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 10:25 AM

Also, P/T sounded a whole lot better after hearing it in sequence with the album. Same with Doomed User. They make a bit more sense now to me.

Absolutely agree.  I started liking them much more

Same feeling with P/T, but I'm still trying to dig doomed user, for me it's the lowest song of the record (by now...)

mono

Quote from: luisch on Apr 04, 2016, 12:11 PM
I Need the lyrics of H/W. Better Deftones since S/T, imo.

could be, could be....gimme 1 month and I will tell this with more confidence. But for me, far better than KNY

geraavl08

I still don't know why Doomed user isn't liked by many, that's one of my top songs of the album

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 10:08 AM
Hopefully people check their local stores again today. Like that one dude who tried getting it Saturday but was a bit too late. Can't wait..

If I have time,  I'm going today, otherwise it won't be until Wednesday. The question is whether or not I'll even care Wednesday being Id be getting the CD, Vinyl, and download in 48 hours.

Regardless, if my meeting isn't brutally long, I'll drive there today. (It is more than an hour away)

MuffBiscuits

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 04, 2016, 12:51 PM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 10:08 AM
Hopefully people check their local stores again today. Like that one dude who tried getting it Saturday but was a bit too late. Can't wait..

If I have time,  I'm going today, otherwise it won't be until Wednesday. The question is whether or not I'll even care Wednesday being Id be getting the CD, Vinyl, and download in 48 hours.

Regardless, if my meeting isn't brutally long, I'll drive there today. (It is more than an hour away)

Keep us posted. You're doing god's work.

from_musings

Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 04, 2016, 10:47 AM
I think this order would have been cool too:

gore
prayers/triangles
doomed user
geometric headdress
acid hologram
hearts-wires
pittura infamante
Xenon
phantom bride
rubicon
(L)mirl

i'd settle for this:

Crest
Prayers/Triangles
Acid Hologram
Doomed User
Geometric Headdress
Hearts/Wires
Pittura Infamante
Xenon
(L)MIRL
Gore
Phantom Bride
Rubicon

cvthedrv

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 04, 2016, 12:58 PM
Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 04, 2016, 10:47 AM
I think this order would have been cool too:

gore
prayers/triangles
doomed user
geometric headdress
acid hologram
hearts-wires
pittura infamante
Xenon
phantom bride
rubicon
(L)mirl

i'd settle for this:

Crest
Prayers/Triangles
Acid Hologram
Doomed User
Geometric Headdress
Hearts/Wires
Pittura Infamante
Xenon
(L)MIRL
Gore
Phantom Bride
Rubicon

what the fuck is crest

boredpassenger

After listening to the vinyl rip 3 times I decided to wait for the CD rip in 320 kbps. I must say I'm loving this fucking album, I've enjoyed it more than KNY and almost as much as I did with DE (my second favorite Deftones record). I like how dark it is, it reminds of S/T in some ways. LOVE that!

My favorite songs so far: Geometric Headdress, HEARTS/WIRES, (L)MIRL, Gore, PHANTOM BRIDE and RUBICON. The last part of the album is fantastic. Rubicon is the best closing track since Pink Maggit, imo.

from_musings

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 04, 2016, 06:43 AM
(L)MIRL: The intro and the first verse are very dark and sinister. Definitely agree with the review(s) that said it was like the soundtrack to a psychological thriller. Probably the most sinister-sounding they've ever been. Dark, but not in a painfully-raw, 'Deathblow' or 'Mascara' kind of way. But then the music changes and gets uplifting, happy-sounding almost, which is such a drastic switch in mood that I don't really like it.

agree. okey at the beginning, sounds like it could build up to something. but they lose me when it goes over to the uplifting joy segment.pretty dull song in its entirety to be honest.chino's screams at the end can't save it. if this is the "soundtrack to a psychological thriller" that reviewer forgot to mention that the second act of the film turns into a cheesy romantic chick flick .

convinced that pittura Infamante, xenon, (L)MIRL will become skippers for me. rest is acceptable,good and some of it great

CarloDefDonno

I don't understand how people consider Phantom Bride and Rubicon uplifting.

Berserker_Armor

what the fuck is crest
[/quote]

The original opening track, dropped last second.