Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funksk8er

Can someone PM a link to the album? I am late to this party...

astynk

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 04, 2016, 03:04 PM
That's weird. What didn't you like about Koi No Yokan and what don't you like about Gore? I think most people who like Diamond Eyes tend to like Koi No Yokan, since they have strong similarities.

I can't explain it. DE and the previous albums have that Deftones sounding, KNY and Gore don't - that's it.

Far away

I wonder how good a cover of hearts/wires would be...  this one fits perfectly for a cover imo.

Rally Sweat

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 04, 2016, 03:00 PM
Really digging that sample they put before the last chorus of Acid Hologram. Feels like a weird transition in an oldschool hip-hop record, the ending as well obvs

I was so waiting for it to veer into some unknown musical dimension (for Deftones), and then it just went back to being predictable (not that I don't love that passage). I think what would be really progressive for them is if they just loosened up structurally, but I know they're not that kind of band. And it's funny you should talk about hip hop cos when his voice is low and croaky and weird in that song it reminds me of bits of Shabazz Palaces for some reason, probably cos they both create an amazing sense of 'otherness'.

rainnyx4

Got stoned last night and threw the rip on (hearing everything for the first time save for those Chuck Doom clips and the teaser for P/T). This album is WEIRD. Very 80's metal sounding at parts and Chino's vocals are all over the place. The two songs that stuck out to me were P/T and Doomed User. But I think that may have been because the sound quality of the vinyl songs was so much lower.

Also, I get serious problems with time perception when I'm stoned. I was loving the album at first and then I think the weed made me feel like the songs were dragging on/too repetitive. Anyone else feel that way?

Lurid Vega

So not sure if this has been posted. In Hearts/Wires, I think Chino gives a reference to Cherry Waves and Romantic Dreams? Possibly about his ex wife. Rubicon has maybe a subtle reference to Hexagram as well.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 04, 2016, 03:40 PM
Got stoned last night and threw the rip on (hearing everything for the first time save for those Chuck Doom clips and the teaser for P/T). This album is WEIRD. Very 80's metal sounding at parts and Chino's vocals are all over the place. The two songs that stuck out to me were P/T and Doomed User. But I think that may have been because the sound quality of the vinyl songs was so much lower.

Also, I get serious problems with time perception when I'm stoned. I was loving the album at first and then I think the weed made me feel like the songs were dragging on/too repetitive. Anyone else feel that way?

i honestly thought gore's outro was somewhat overdone, but other than that it probably was the weed

Rally Sweat

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 04, 2016, 03:47 PM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 04, 2016, 03:40 PM

i honestly thought gore's outro was somewhat overdone, but other than that it probably was the weed

Haha, weed always did that to me - couldn't really stand to listen to anything remotely long. A postrock song was fucking torture unless I was doing something else too! Think the album's pretty lean meself.

Divided_Spirit

Downloading what looks to be a legit 320k rip right now. Will check back after I verify it's authenticity.

EDIT: Fake. Only tracks that were Deftones were PT and DU, the rest was some other band looking to ride coat tails.

Stay away from the supposed 320k rip on the torrent site which I won't name directly but will just say it usually kicks...ass....

Diplo

I need a fucking HQ rip, this album is the experience I wanted since Eros, I mean DE and KNY was too simple, too easy to access.

Chino never been so complex in the multivoices thing, he cheats a little for the screams with the mic effects but still really good.
Abe is less lazy than on DE or KNY.
The guitars are really differents than before, and god thanks.
I love what Sergio play, this is smooth, this is good (almost like Chi).
Every song is really far from what they used to write but you know is still them.
The tracklist, the mix... You can see they put so much effort.

It has everything to be a masterpiece: very different songs but still really consistent. It is neither too long nor too short and I have for the moment no desire to skip a song (unlike before with DE or KNY).

I expect to cry like a baby when I will hear all the layers, all the details and the Terry Date touch.

guizz

You guys builded up my expectations so high, waiting for the release day, havent even listened to H/W. I'm better not be disapointed. :P

Bergerac

Quote from: geraavl08 on Apr 04, 2016, 12:46 PM
I still don't know why Doomed user isn't liked by many, that's one of my top songs of the album

Outside of the context of the album, I think it works less favourably but within the album it's much better. I can't stop clicking at that line 'Go waste your breath somewhere with someone new'. People are talking about the music a lot but I honestly think the more familiar the lyrics become, the better the album will be.

As for Pittura Infamante, you guys have to wait for the build. That song cracks open with the doubled up vox at 2:00.

jciraheta

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 04, 2016, 04:08 PM

Downloading what looks to be a legit 320k rip right now. Will check back after I verify it's authenticity.

if tis please pm

pinata89

Please do!

guizz

Quote from: jciraheta on Apr 04, 2016, 04:16 PM

if tis please pm
i bet its the vinyl version with P/T and Doomed User at 320.

Vesanic

I got one that said "320 and true". It wasn't.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 04, 2016, 03:46 PM
So not sure if this has been posted. In Hearts/Wires, I think Chino gives a reference to Cherry Waves and Romantic Dreams? Possibly about his ex wife. Rubicon has maybe a subtle reference to Hexagram as well.

Really, what references? I missed those. I got the 'crowd goes wild' part though.

jaypayton

Quote from: Rally Sweat on Apr 04, 2016, 03:26 PM
Really digging that sample they put before the last chorus of Acid Hologram. Feels like a weird transition in an oldschool hip-hop record, the ending as well obvs

I was so waiting for it to veer into some unknown musical dimension (for Deftones), and then it just went back to being predictable (not that I don't love that passage). I think what would be really progressive for them is if they just loosened up structurally, but I know they're not that kind of band.

listen to the song Chino did with Korn. thats an unknown musical dimension for them

Lurid Vega

Listen to the verses before the chorus kicks in, I am not 100% but think he referring to those songs..which is kind of awesome

guizz

Quote from: jaypayton on Apr 04, 2016, 04:26 PM
Quote from: Rally Sweat on Apr 04, 2016, 03:26 PM

I was so waiting for it to veer into some unknown musical dimension (for Deftones), and then it just went back to being predictable (not that I don't love that passage). I think what would be really progressive for them is if they just loosened up structurally, but I know they're not that kind of band.

listen to the song Chino did with Korn. thats an unknown musical dimension for them
i feel like chino made a fool of himself on this but whatever.