Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 04:43 AM
You won't survive

I grew up on 10th generation and worse punk rock demos so not having a pristine copy of Gore is ok for a few days.  I had the mixdown demo of get your goat about a month before it came out and didn't care about sound quality, it was great. Not to mention zillions of live shows & sub par demos.  I'm ok with roughing it

I did the same thing! I think we're virtually the same age, perhaps you being a tad bit older than me since your STT fandom predates mine.

But yea, this waiting is killing me. I know it will all be well worth it though

Lurid Vega

NYRexall I am excited for you.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

pelican fly

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 04:43 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 04:40 AM
So I'm curious to know...

How many of you on SL are jealous of the fact that I've yet to hear any of this album yet, and will do so for the first time in gleaming, screaming high-quality audio?  ;D

You won't survive

I grew up on 10th generation and worse punk rock demos so not having a pristine copy of Gore is ok for a few days.  I had the mixdown demo of get your goat about a month before it came out and didn't care about sound quality, it was great. Not to mention zillions of live shows & sub par demos.  I'm ok with roughing it

Exactly. I grew up on cassettes people mostly recorded for me. I understand though and I'm sure it will be awesome.
Enjoy.

I can't wait to hear this in all its majesty either.

shoop

Whoever mentioned remembering a somewhat standard 96 and 128kbps quality way back, funny I was just thinking about that. I think one of the first times I heard Deftones was a 96kbps rip of Engine #9 from some fan site or something, Napster & Kazaa and all those weren't even around yet. Then in middle school, I was that dude telling everyone "dude you got the 128kbps, that's bad quality man" or "this is a demo" and no one gave a shit lol. It was all the same to everyone else. I'm not even sure I ever remember seeing any lossless around back then, or very very rarely at least. Anyone remember the extremely shitty RealMedia files? Really tiny video stream, shit quality lol. Good times.. Cassette dubbing was fun as hell too

all3n_y

Seems like a decent amount of people have Pittura more towards the bottom in their ranking list. Why is that?? What is it about the song some of you are not feeling?  I haven't listened to the album yet so I'm just curious. 

RaptureWS

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 05, 2016, 04:54 AM

Me too. You have been reading all this praise for days now so I hope it lives up to the hype for you! Are you holding out for a good rip or until Friday?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

play

Quote from: shoop on Apr 05, 2016, 05:08 AM
Whoever mentioned remembering 96 and 128kbps quality way back, funny I was just thinking about that. I think one of the first times I heard Deftones was a 96kbps rip of Engine #9 from some fan site or something, Napster & Kazaa and all those weren't even around yet. Then in middle school, I was that dude telling everyone "dude you got the 128kbps, that's bad quality man" or "this is a demo" and no one gave a shit lol. It was all the same to everyone else. I'm not even sure I ever remember seeing any lossless around back then, or very very rarely at least. Anyone remember the extremely shitty RealMedia files? Really tiny video stream, shit quality lol. Good times..

Hey man I'm really interested in specifics of the quality of this vinyl.
I really want to listen to the thing in full tonight, because I'm traveling tomorow. Tonight was the night I thought a good quality rip would surface haha my bad.

Are there distortions? Sound clipping? Cuts of any of the songs? Is the bass completely missing in some parts?
Or is it just really compressed or something.

Thoughts? 

E-Money

Quote from: all3n_y on Apr 05, 2016, 05:09 AM
Seems like a decent amount of people have Pittura more towards the bottom in their ranking list. Why is that?? What is it about the song some of you are not feeling?  I haven't listened to the album yet so I'm just curious. 

I'm actually really digging that track.. I know this is weird but hearts wires hasn't really blown me away yet. It's a great song and I'm sure it will become one of my favorites eventually. Just need to get into it a little more I guess.

RaptureWS

Quote from: all3n_y on Apr 05, 2016, 05:09 AM

I can't figure it out. I adore that track. It has an upbeat Egyptian feel and then the chorus has guitar similar to HITE but better and with a much better melody. The bridge expands on both parts of the song and sounds soaring and victorious.....like the God he is worshipping has finally engulfed his soul. One ov my personal faves.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

NYRexall

Whoever mentioned remembering a somewhat standard 96 and 128kbps quality way back, funny I was just thinking about that. I think one of the first times I heard Deftones was a 96kbps rip of Engine #9 from some fan site or something, Napster & Kazaa and all those weren't even around yet. Then in middle school, I was that dude telling everyone "dude you got the 128kbps, that's bad quality man" or "this is a demo" and no one gave a shit lol. It was all the same to everyone else. I'm not even sure I ever remember seeing any lossless around back then, or very very rarely at least. Anyone remember the extremely shitty RealMedia files? Really tiny video stream, shit quality lol. Good times.. Cassette dubbing was fun as hell too

Remember that time Lars Ulrich tried to tell the internet that using Napster to download music was stealing, when right there in the liner notes for Garage, Inc the band is reminiscing about sitting around each other's houses growing up, drinking beer and dubbing cassette tapes of all the records they couldn't afford?

Good job, Lars

luisch

** Pittura Infamante

I kneel at the altar
Carve your name
And hail to the gods
I've climbed your trees and I peeled your fruit
When I tasted your kiss

How amazing that you were sent
Like you were molded out of thin air
And I don't want you to disappear
But I want you to carry us out here

We sail through arc light
Attach the wings
And wait for the gods
We found your grail we drank your juice
And we tasted your gift

I will wait here a thousand years
I will choose to immerse in your eyes
I've seen the truth and I know your strength
I have watched your great ascent

Now we sing
Now we sing your praises
And now we face the sky

On top of the crux
I've climbed every rung
To bathe in your sunlight

I knee at the altar
I promised you I would stay to the end
I will hold and praise and feel your truth

Now let us drink to the gods
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

NYRexall

Quote from: laurapalmer on Apr 05, 2016, 04:50 AM
As a manager at an NJ Target I feel like I'll have a hard time not risking my job to get at this tomorrow

I think you'll be alright

According to one fan here, Targets in NJ were already stocking the album on their store shelves this morning. Just don't expect happy people when they start trying to buy it at the register

Boy, are you going to have your work cut out for you... ;D

Lurid Vega

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 05, 2016, 05:12 AM

Me too. You have been reading all this praise for days now so I hope it lives up to the hype for you! Are you holding out for a good rip or until Friday?
On Friday, he will smile mid Rubicon..and just be like...daamn.. and be proud. There are so many subtle details none of us without full album quality have even heard.

NYRexall

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 05, 2016, 05:12 AM

Nope, going the distance until Friday morning. I took the day off work and everything, lol

I'm serious though, this whole thing is fucking surreal. I feel like I'm in a small village at the base of a great mountain, and all the townsfolk are filling my head about this big epic creature that lives in a cave at the top of the mountain, who's scary and beautiful and magical and oh so different from any creature before

and Friday I get to go up and meet him for the first time  ;D

Freedomsoldier17

rubicon is fucking huge man, its like KNY mixed with Minerva

-lyrics removed, it wasn't a good idea-

shoop

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 05:18 AM

Remember that time Lars Ulrich tried to tell the internet that using Napster to download music was stealing, when right there in the liner notes for Garage, Inc the band is reminiscing about sitting around each other's houses growing up, drinking beer and dubbing cassette tapes of all the records they couldn't afford?

Good job, Lars
It was stupid move really. Napster still worked for quite a while after it got "shut down", you just needed the patch. Then Kazaa and whatever else instantly turned into the new Napster. Not to mention IRC and everything else.

Lurid Vega

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 05, 2016, 05:25 AM
YOU CANNOT FACE THE CROWD

this song is fucking huge man, its like KNY mixed with Minerva
That song....I can't even...

pelican fly

Quote from: luisch on Apr 05, 2016, 05:19 AM
** Pittura Infamante

I kneel at the altar
Carve your name
And hail to the gods
I've climbed your trees and I peeled your fruit
When I tasted your kiss

How amazing that you were sent
Like you were molded out of thin air
And I don't want you to disappear
But I want you to carry us out here

We sail through arc light
Attach the wings
And wait for the gods
We found your grail we drank your juice
And we tasted your gift

I will wait here a thousand years
I will choose to immerse in your eyes
I've seen the truth and I know your strength
I have watched your great ascent

Now we sing
Now we sing your praises
And now we face the sky

On top of the crux
I've climbed every rung
To bathe in your sunlight

I knee at the altar
I promised you I would stay to the end
I will hold and praise and feel your truth

Now let us drink to the gods

awesome. this song sounds so simple but just makes you smile after that 2 min mark.

NYRexall

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 05, 2016, 05:21 AM
There are so many subtle details none of us without full album quality have even heard.

I'm actually pulling for a 320 rip to drop for you guys, not only because so many people are dying for it, but also to read everyone's thoughts when they hear this in all (most of) its true audio glory

Vesanic

I kinda feel like YouTubing the leak with this picture