Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 05, 2016, 05:02 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Apr 05, 2016, 04:39 PM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 04:13 PM
Best anti leak job of all time

Probably law suits and hefty fines imposed on this. Nobody is taking a chance lol

Yeah, I'm sure there are people out there with the CD but I wouldn't want to be responsible for the leak either.  Sure, everyone here would love you for a few days but the band would hate you and you could face legal issues as well if they tracked you down.
Seeing how tokyodrifter was taking down links, i think he'd also go as far as to find peoples houses and knock on their door and beat the crap out of them... Shit i need to steal the album now, i want to get beat up by chino.
Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 05, 2016, 05:04 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 04:57 PM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 05, 2016, 04:56 PM
Quote from: SCUM on Apr 05, 2016, 04:49 PM
Quote from: Diplo on Apr 05, 2016, 04:39 PM
So still no fucking 320kps rip ?

no and it sucks dick.

Are you sure? On Reddit someone said there was a 320kbps leak "in the wild", and there are users on Soulseek sharing a 320kbps version. I haven't downloaded it yet though, I'm in the queue.
Its the partial one. The one with only DU and PT 320 and the rest vinyl rip

Look:

One thing they couldve done is change the name of the songs and time lengths to coincide Gore in hopes of getting attention and envy. 
Was it like it seemed?...

BallZDeeP

no and it sucks dick.

Are you sure? On Reddit someone said there was a 320kbps leak "in the wild", and there are users on Soulseek sharing a 320kbps version. I haven't downloaded it yet though, I'm in the queue.

Look:

Interesting

medic1

This band is so sick.

For someone who proclaims that he cares about fan reactions so much, Chino needs to give himself more credit.
Bands that care too much about fans and selling records usually end up making derivative debut albums, or albums that don't really know how to reference influences.

I started with White Pony and was always sad that I didn't get to feel that "shock factor" between the ATF and WP cliff.
I now think I've felt something similar with Gore.

I don't care that this isn't WP 2.0, or that it doesn't even have the same sonic signature. I LOVE that the music is stylistically referencing 90's and even 80's music.
These guys are never afraid to be at the front-lines, trying new things. It takes some big AF balls to do that, and then some serious talent to execute it.

There should be an award for that.

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 04:59 PM
Quote from: guizz on Apr 05, 2016, 04:57 PM
From someone waiting for HQ version, how is Pittura Infamante? Some people on reddit said it's bad? Is it Graphic Nature bad, because i hate this song.
Fuck no, this song shits on Graphic Nature, dont listen to those depressing Redditors that are always against every shit and so depressing. Pittura is more of a skate rock type of song, itll probably take a couple of listens to get it, but its far better than Graphic hands down.

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 05, 2016, 05:02 PM
From someone waiting for HQ version, how is Pittura Infamante? Some people on reddit said it's bad? Is it Graphic Nature bad, because i hate this song.

Fuck, I hope not. Graphic Nature was pretty bad.

What's with the Graphic Nature hate??? I love that song. Pittura Infamante is...a very weird, un-Deftones-like song. It sounds more like them when the vocals kick in and after a few listens, but it's one that had to grow on me. Gwenudo calling it skate rock is actually a really great way to put it, although it's still Deftones of course, so not the epitome of skate rock. Great lyrics though, very...abstract, I guess, image-heavy, effective. I didn't care much for it at first, but it's a grower, a very interesting song.

2MoreHours

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 05:04 PM

Probably law suits and hefty fines imposed on this. Nobody is taking a chance lol

Yeah, I'm sure there are people out there with the CD but I wouldn't want to be responsible for the leak either.  Sure, everyone here would love you for a few days but the band would hate you and you could face legal issues as well if they tracked you down.
Seeing how tokyodrifter was taking down links, i think he'd also go as far as to find peoples houses and knock on their door and beat the crap out of them... Shit i need to steal the album now, i want to get beat up by chino.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Chino.  He'll probably forget his login and have a different name next time he comes back though.

Bergerac

It's easily one of my favourites. You just have to understand that the first two minutes are a build. Everyone talks about the 'weird' riff intro but weird riffs aren't exactly new for them. Root is a weird riff. Bloody Cape is a weird riff. Mein is a weird riff.

It's a great song.

ominousnimbus

no and it sucks dick.

Look:

The problem with the current leak isn't that it's 192kbps instead of 320. It's that it's (1) a vinyl rip, and (2) a poorly-done vinyl rip. If it were sourced from the CD but compressed to 192, any audible difference between it and a 320 version would be minimal. On the same token, even if whoever ripped the vinyl over the weekend has a 320 version of the same rip and it leaks, it isn't going to sound any better.

Bergerac

I honestly think y'all should be happy you've been listening to the album in any capacity for fucking free all week. Wait for the album proper.

deftonesluvrbrazil

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 05, 2016, 05:10 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Chino.  He'll probably forget his login and have a different name next time he comes back though.

Sometimes I wonder if Chino and other members often check this forum.

sharinglungs

The vinyl vs high quality versions of songs we have are night and day. The vocals can be heard much clearer in the hearts / wires hq version.

chuckles

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 05, 2016, 05:22 PM

They do... Every 3 - 4 years we get the exact same situation...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

chuckles

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 05, 2016, 05:20 PM
I honestly think y'all should be happy you've been listening to the album in any capacity for fucking free all week. Wait for the album proper.

ANattyRat

No-one said they're not happy about that. But why wouldn't we want a better quality version to listen to? It's silly to think otherwise.

chuckles

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 05, 2016, 05:25 PM

No-one said they're not happy about that. But why wouldn't we want a better quality version to listen to? It's silly to think otherwise.

They are happy.... But it's clear that they are not completely satisfied

deftonesluvrbrazil

Quote from: chuckles on Apr 05, 2016, 05:24 PM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 05, 2016, 05:22 PM

They do... Every 3 - 4 years we get the exact same situation...

Is there any mod reading this post? If yes, please check out tokyodrift's IP address, if the location of the  IP is close to where Chino is or lives right now, bingo.  ;D

ANattyRat

Quote from: chuckles on Apr 05, 2016, 05:26 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 05, 2016, 05:25 PM

They are happy.... But it's clear that they are not completely satisfied

That's because they know this isn't the highest quality available. You can't be completely satisfied when there's better out there, haha. I mean, I don't think anyone is ungrateful, just that once you've heard it and loved it, you're even more desperate to hear it in the best possible quality. Course, same can be said about people who haven't heard the leak, that all the talk is making them more desperate to hear it in the best possible quality. Basically, we all want to hear it.

2MoreHours

Yeah, Chino definitely checks it.  He call us "Sharing Leaks" on twitter the other day. lol

ANattyRat

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 05, 2016, 05:33 PM
Yeah, Chino definitely checks it.  He call us "Sharing Leaks" on twitter the other day. lol

Oh, was that supposed to be a pun from him? I thought he was just commenting on how people sharing leaks are thieves, haha. Poor Chino :(

snw9

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 05, 2016, 05:33 PM

How do you happen to know ? Did he reveal himself on the board?
Code: [Select]