Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deft_ones

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 05, 2016, 09:22 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 09:20 PM
Quote from: underneaththecar on Apr 05, 2016, 09:20 PM
Quote from: Reichward on Apr 05, 2016, 09:16 PM
I have a simple question: which song exactly is the heaviest? I still haven't listened to the rip.
Gore
Definitely Gore.
Now would you gentlemen say that it's heavier than anything they've done after S/T? I wanna know if it's right to be hyped to the max

I don't think it's really fair to compare this album to anything they've done before but I think Gore is heavy in it's own way. It's not in the way you would think.

pelican fly

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 05, 2016, 09:26 PM
I have a simple question: which song exactly is the heaviest? I still haven't listened to the rip.
Gore
Definitely Gore.
Now would you gentlemen say that it's heavier than anything they've done after S/T? I wanna know if it's right to be hyped to the max

I don't think it's really fair to compare this album to anything they've done before but I think Gore is heavy in it's own way. It's not in the way you would think.

exactly

underneaththecar

Gore
Definitely Gore.

There are some legit heavy moments....and also some very dark and almost schizophrenic content deivered more melodically 

Reichward

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 05, 2016, 09:20 PM

Definitely the title track. Interviews said (L)mirl was the heaviest and while the content of the song is heavy, musically it is pretty uplifting for most of the song. Gore is the heaviest.
Yes, I do remember that part from the interview so I was a little confused, Gore seemed definitely like the heaviest judging from the comments.

Gore
Definitely Gore.

That's fine by me. Yes, I'm aware that making plain comparaisons isn't fair, but you cath my drift. Just trying to get an idea of what I should expect.

Deft_ones

Quote from: underneaththecar on Apr 05, 2016, 09:27 PM
Gore
Definitely Gore.

There are some legit heavy moments....and also some very dark and almost schizophrenic content deivered more melodically

Well put.

Deft_ones

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 05, 2016, 09:28 PM

Definitely the title track. Interviews said (L)mirl was the heaviest and while the content of the song is heavy, musically it is pretty uplifting for most of the song. Gore is the heaviest.
Yes, I do remember that part from the interview so I was a little confused, Gore seemed definitely like the heaviest judging from the comments.

Gore
Definitely Gore.

That's fine by me. Yes, I'm aware that making plain comparaisons isn't fair, but you cath my drift. Just trying to get an idea of what I should expect.

Oh, absolutely. I think if you HAD to compare it to another album it would certainly be self titled but I say that loosely. It's emotionally heavy and dark. It's not very chuggy (which I never minded but I know a lot of you don't share that opinion), I think the way they were describing it as a "heady" record is the best way to look at it. But keep in mind it is of course still a deftones record so keep that in mind when thinking "heady"

redeemer96

The album itself isnt that heavy so I think gore production tone fits in perfectly with the rest, if it was heavier it might be out of place. However I could imagine it being one of their heaviest songs played live

kitesvera

if Self titled, Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream, Failure fantastic planet and the band HUM in general had sex, Gore would be the child

pinata89

Quote from: kitesvera on Apr 05, 2016, 09:39 PM
if Self titled, Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream, Failure fantastic planet and the band HUM in general had sex, Gore would be the child
This

redeemer96

Quote from: kitesvera on Apr 05, 2016, 09:39 PM
I would watch that

BobArmpit

The 320 full leak exists!

m1nusblindfoLd

redeemer96

underneaththecar

Reichward

GR1X7S

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 05, 2016, 09:33 PM
Quote from: Reichward on Apr 05, 2016, 09:28 PM

Gore
Definitely Gore.

Oh, absolutely. I think if you HAD to compare it to another album it would certainly be self titled but I say that loosely. It's emotionally heavy and dark. It's not very chuggy (which I never minded but I know a lot of you don't share that opinion), I think the way they were describing it as a "heady" record is the best way to look at it. But keep in mind it is of course still a deftones record so keep that in mind when thinking "heady"
Yes. When Chino used the term "heady" to describe the new material in that Rolling Stone article early last year i thought that was maybe too much of an abstract way to describe it but after hearing Gore, heady is the perfect word for it. There's a lot of breathing room in each track to throw little curve balls at the listener. Some are more subtle than others whether it's a sudden shift in speed or a random drum fill or even a compete change in mood mid song. Each track has a lot of personality. It's sort of like SNW in that way only more expansive and...heady  ;)

2MoreHours

Gore is only heavy in a sense that it has like 3 low guitar notes.  It's the most uninspiring "heavy" song I've ever heard from them.  Fucking boring.  Sorry.  If you think the guitar part in the verse of CMND/CTRL is inspiring, then you'll love the riff on gore.

GR1X7S

77years

This is the best Deftones record

Really