This is the best Deftones record

Really

Definitely in the top 3 for me no question

Im with you on that.. Its amazing

GR1X7S

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 09:50 PM

Really
I see it as the White Pony for a new era. It's a landmark record that's for sure.

redeemer96

Quote from: underneaththecar on Apr 05, 2016, 09:50 PM

Really

Definitely in the top 3 for me no question

I really think it will be too but i need the cd quality to verify that

redeemer96

anyone? lol, i need my fix

ominousnimbus

It's definitely not the heaviest record since S/T. It's quite possibly their least heavy to-date. Up until now, every record had its token "Elite," "WGTB," "Poltergeist," "Rapture," or "CMND/CTRL." There's nothing like that on Gore other than the fleeting chorus of the title track, while the rest of the song is trippy and airy.

There are plenty of hard rock moments and tracks, such as "Acid Hologram." But as far as all-out aggression and screaming? It's all but disappeared. And I'm completely fine with that - I've always liked Deftones more for their atmospherics and melody, anyway - but I understand some contingent of fans probably won't be.

I imagine that if someone disliked KNY specifically because it was too alt-rock/shoegaze and not heavy enough, they're not going to be happy. If the heavier side of Smashing Pumpkins and Failure isn't metal enough for you, I would definitely brace yourself.

2MoreHours

It seems like every new album is always the "new White Pony" for the first week or so that it's out and then it fades away down the list.  White Pony is pretty much untouchable at this point.  If there was going to be another WP, it would have happened before now.  That kind of music and creativity comes along with heavy drug use which I don't think they do much of anymore.

redeemer96

Quote from: ominousnimbus on Apr 05, 2016, 09:57 PM
It's definitely not the heaviest record since S/T. It's quite possibly their least heavy to-date. Up until now, every record had its token "Elite," "WGTB," "Poltergeist," "Rapture," or "CMND/CTRL." There's nothing like that on Gore other than the fleeting chorus of the title track, while the rest of the song is trippy and airy.

There are plenty of hard rock moments and tracks, such as "Acid Hologram." But as far as all-out aggression and screaming? It's all but disappeared. And I'm completely fine with that - I've always liked Deftones more for their atmospherics and melody, anyway - but I understand some contingent of fans probably won't be.

I imagine that if someone disliked KNY specifically because it was too alt-rock/shoegaze and not heavy enough, they're not going to be happy.

I completely agree with this, KNY has been my favorite nd has been in my car since its release but i think this will replace it. They already have enough heavy tracks to fill multiple records but regardless of how heavy or soft their tracks have been its always been about the atmosphere of the tracks to me, whether it be teething or rosemary

beaverwithfishyshoes

Really

evidence

GR1X7S

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 05, 2016, 09:59 PM
It seems like every new album is always the "new White Pony" for the first week or so that it's out and then it fades away down the list.  White Pony is pretty much untouchable at this point.  If there was going to be another WP, it would have happened before now.  That kind of music and creativity comes along with heavy drug use which I don't think they do much of anymore.
You have a point. I guess what i meant by that was basically Gore will be looked at as new creative peak for the band. It could be the White Pony of the Sergio era but who knows. Hyperbole aside this is another sold album that i am absolutely loving.

beaverwithfishyshoes

GR1X7S

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 05, 2016, 10:04 PM
You have a point. I guess what i meant by that was basically Gore will be looked at as a new creative peak for the band. It could be the White Pony of the Sergio era but who knows. Hyperbole aside this is another solid album that i am absolutely loving.

rainnyx4

The vocal melody on Phantom Bride has been bugging me in the sense that I felt like it was too familiar.

I think it's because of that song Chino did with Dance Gavin Dance. Sounds pretty similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSavDtBthl4

cvthedrv

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 05, 2016, 09:59 PMThat kind of music and creativity comes along with heavy drug use which I don't think they do much of anymore.

i think nobody hadn't say that, and fuck, it's true.

BallZDeeP

320 my ass

worship

Who cares if it's heavy or not?
It can be good or bad, I never saw Deftones as a heavy band, to be quite honest.

3004pd

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 05, 2016, 09:45 PM
Quote from: Reichward on Apr 05, 2016, 09:44 PM
Quote from: BobArmpit on Apr 05, 2016, 09:42 PM
The 320 full leak exists!

Wuuuttt

you guys are amazing  - stiring stiring stiring boom.... and again...
if it exist shove it ;)

Reichward

Quote from: worship on Apr 05, 2016, 10:09 PM
Who cares if it's heavy or not?
It can be good or bad, I never saw Deftones as a heavy band, to be quite honest.
Of course it doesn't have to be. But the diversity is appreciated.

Rifle

Really

Agreed.

2MoreHours

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 05, 2016, 10:04 PM
You have a point. I guess what i meant by that was basically Gore will be looked at as new creative peak for the band. It could be the White Pony of the Sergio era but who knows. Hyperbole aside this is another sold album that i am absolutely loving.

It's definitely good because all Deftones albums are good.  Hell, Chino could sing over Abe banging on pots and pans with Frank playing a Casio keyboard and it would still be good.  I just don't know if I'll be able to put this up high on my overall list.  I need that 320 so I can start figuring that out!