Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 06, 2016, 08:34 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why Steph disliked it so much that he had to channel his inner "rapist" to get into Hearts/Wires, lol. It's one of my favorites on Gore, but I can see traces of older songs in it (Beware, Rosemary, Goon Squad intro, etc.).

Wasnt that for lmirl? Or maybe im confused

MuffBiscuits

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 08:32 AM
Quote from: MuffBiscuits on Apr 06, 2016, 08:29 AM
Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 08:27 AM
Quote from: MuffBiscuits on Apr 06, 2016, 08:13 AM
Loving every track on this album apart from one... am I the only one that thinks Hearts/Wires doesn't really deliver on how good its intro is? I mean, it's a really good song, just not at the level I was expecting.

It was def. a grower for me. Now that Im used to it I think its one of the strongest tracks on the record. A bit traditional sure, but in the same space Change was in. If they cut the intro short it would make one hell of single that might even become their biggest hit since Change. Probably wont happen.

This makes me feel better. I'll keep spinning it haha

It has the same structure as change: after the second chorus Chino adds an 'after-bridge' (the oooohooos, for lack of a better term). He mixes them up in the last chorus as well. Once the song really clicked it gave me goosebumps, in the same way Change gives me goosebumps during the oohoos after the chorus.

If that makes sense. lol.

Yeah I never really thought of it in relation to Change. The 'oooohing' is definitely reminiscent... it's making a bit more sense to me now thinking of it on those terms.

RaptureWS

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 08:02 AM
I'm so happy, I've listened to the record 10 times now and it still feels fresh.

Epic bus journey of 14 hours coming up and then snowboarding the rest of the week. its always awesome to have new music with you when having new experiences.

So glad Deftones delivered a great record. Really diversifies their discography and a great record on its own.

I know some people say its just the honeymoon phase but for me, this truly feels like the third true classic Deftones record, right next to WP and ATF. So glad the boys still have it in them.

What a great band to be a fan of. I hope they have a couple more record in themselves. One very straight forward, hard ATF record would be cool (but probably wont happen), and one where they just blow the lid of the experimental, with long ass songs and shit. That would be great. Probably not going to happen though haha but I would love it.
I agree. Something feels different about this album. If nothing more, it shows that after almost 25 years of releasing albums they can take a new direction that is still fresh and captivating.

Someone over on r/deftones is bashing Gore all over the place. A few of the terms he has used are "bland", "uninspired" and "a step backwards". I guess to him it could be bland, we can't make him feel differently. But uninspired and a step back? Other than a couple lazy riffs from Stef this album is loaded with inspiration and passion. A step backwards? You can HATE this album for all I care but did you even listen to it? LMIRL, Pittura, Phantom.......name me some Deftones songs that are anything like that. You simply can't. I did not check his post history to see what albums he likes, but I betcha he is one that wants Deftones to do verse-chorus-verse-chorus-chuggabreakdownwithscreams sprinkled with a few tracks akin to Digital Bath just so he can look cool by saying his favorite band is diverse. Deftones cover so much ground so I guess there is bound to be a few bad apples that are drawn to some of their more accessible work and throw a fit when they don't get DE Pt2. It's perfectly fine if you don't dig but don't go spewing BS on the internet and cause a potential fan to not buy the album because they believed what you said.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

punkflop01

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 06, 2016, 08:33 AM
Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 06, 2016, 08:21 AM
Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 06, 2016, 07:29 AM
Might be a bit late for this, but I really think that people who share the music should probably ask for the people requesting for a link to send proof that they've purchased the album (screenshots, etc). Long time users of this board would definitely have no problem in doing so. This would help weed out the newbies who sit around waiting to get their hands on the music for free and never spend a cent on the music, shows, merchandise, etc.

LOL

I been on this thing since 2003. Haven't pre ordered a record since SNW. What, does that not make me worthy?

I think most people on the board asking for the leak have pre-ordered, or will buy, the album anyway. Most people who just download music are casual listeners. If you're sitting there lurking on a forum and registering just so you can ask for the leak straight away, safe to say you're a fan in the same boat as everyone else, who's just impatient and desperate for new music from a band they love.  So...people who do financially support the band.

Fair points. Was just a suggestion since I've seen a lot of complaints about newbies requesting for download links. I guess I would just want to make sure we weren't adding to the problem of sharing the album for free and especially to users who wouldn't shell out for the band. My suggestion was just one way to ensure we were making sure to support the band and simultaneously get to listen to the album before it's release date. I guess in the end it's to each his/her own. People who don't want to pay will get the album some way or the other for free.  And those who do want to support the band and hear the leak at the same time will do so as well.

Capt Snow

Can someone hook me up with that CD rip?

Crazylegs

I've only heard the songs they've officially released so far. I'm always glad to hear new stuff and I like it. However, the production on these last few records is so polished and lame. Can i get an amen?

3004pd

I guess I would just want to make sure we weren't adding to the problem of sharing the album for free and especially to users who wouldn't shell out for the band. My suggestion was just one way to ensure we were making sure to support the band and simultaneously get to listen to the album before it's release date.

Omg! The paradox of being on sharing site!!! Should i Share i or is it bad? Wake up its piracy no matter how you explain it and organize it...Nurse. Next patient please

ANattyRat

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 08:36 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 06, 2016, 08:34 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why Steph disliked it so much that he had to channel his inner "rapist" to get into Hearts/Wires, lol. It's one of my favorites on Gore, but I can see traces of older songs in it (Beware, Rosemary, Goon Squad intro, etc.).

Wasnt that for lmirl? Or maybe im confused

Nah. I said that a while ago, I was certain it was (L)MIRL, because of the reviews describing it as the soundtrack to a thriller. But it was Hearts/Wires.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/deftones-talk-new-album-band-tension-we-like-unnerving-feelings-20160401?page=2

mthrfckrz

I just came here to laugh at all the new people that signed up for the leaks.
It's been forever since I've been on here but heard about all the hype on all the newbies!

phil for real

Gore is amazing.  Damn I love this album.  This band is incredible.  Mange to switch things up and do it gracefully after 20 plus years.

Moz

With the quality leak i love the production. Its very clear but not TOO clear like KNY. Production reminds me of ATF actually. Its also the first time since ATf / WP that Abe's drumming had that clear hitting sound. Maybe because terry date helped? I dunno but the drumming is one of my fave parts of ATF / WP and they're back once again on Gore

ANattyRat

Moz

I also think the quality rip sounds waaaay more metal. The guitars really have that ATF punch on almost every song. I was surprised how much more metal it sounded, how much more like the Deftones from the old era.

77years

Good morning and starting the day w Gore

punkflop01

pinata89

Moz

Capt Snow

Can someone confirm that the 320 CD rip also has the record spin effect at the end of Acid Hologram?

I thought this was the actual vinyl being scratched.

phil for real

Yeah it's still there.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Capt Snow on Apr 06, 2016, 09:50 AM
Can someone confirm that the 320 CD rip also has the record spin effect at the end of Acid Hologram?

I thought this was the actual vinyl being scratched.

It's on the CD, too. Sounds very cool, too, goes from the left to the right in the headphones.