5.Rubicon
6.Phantom Bride
7.Gore
8.Acid Hologram
9.Doomed User
10.Prayers/Triangles
11.Xenon

holy crap man are you serious
Geo is no joke man, same with (L) .. You just gotta appreciate both tracks more for what they are

Geometric Headdress is one of my favourites. I can't recall what any reviews said about it (if anything), but seems like it managed to sneak under the radar and take us by surprise, for most of us who really love it. Wasn't one of the 'big' ones we were anticipating, like Phantom Bride or Gore (the song).

Also Gwenudo, you were so right about (L)MIRL, man. One of my favourites, too. Hypnotic and sinister as hell.
I told you man, (L) is huge in this album! Itll fool you at first, but its no joke, instant classic IMO
Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 06:36 PM
Ok, where would you guys rank Gore?
High up as hell. Lol not sure yet, i need to give it a week or 2

lungdamage

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 06:30 PM
i don't get all the hate on pittura. it fits snuggly in the flow of the entire album.

Bit of a weezer-ish homage at the start but I love this one. But I don't get LMIRL, so i must be crazy. I love the first part, and chino kills it. but i can't shake the feeling that im the only *&^% that forgot to bring my surfboard on this bad boy.

gwenudo

Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 06, 2016, 06:37 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 06:30 PM
i don't get all the hate on pittura. it fits snuggly in the flow of the entire album.

Bit of a weezer-ish homage at the start but I love this one. But I don't get LMIRL, so i must be crazy
Its ok if you dont get it, but soon enough, itll haunt you and youll want to listen to it again.. And again.. And again.. And youll wake up at 3AM one night and wont be able to sleep till you play the song.. And point the gun on your head.. And smile... Hey

phil for real

Yeah that chorus on LMIRL is amazing.  So dreamy.  Beautiful.  LMIRL and H/W are my fav two tracks definitely.

blondie

for those who are finding it hard to make this album work to their liking, you should've seen this coming since snw. deftones have been progressively making the transition to open more doors for themselves, rather than sticking to the tried and tested white pony formula. this phase will give them more creativity and longevity in the long run. i just hope stephen carpenter sticks around for it.

phil for real

Stephs not going anywhere.  These dudes have been arguing for years.  It's only logical Deftones progress into a Smashing Pumpkins/Failure type band especially as they age.  They should.

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 06:49 PM
i just hope stephen carpenter sticks around for it.
These comments are getting ridiculous. If you are asking yourself this, then you dont know this band at all.

all3n_y

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 06:36 PM
Ok, where would you guys rank Gore?

White Pony
Self Titled
Diamond Eyes
Gore
Around The Fur
Koi No Yokan
SNW
Adrenaline

blondie

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 06:53 PM
These comments are getting ridiculous. If you are asking yourself this, then you dont know this band at all.

you know this band so well, right? so you knew that stephen would have little to no input in this album, even before stephen knew, huh?

blondie

stephen not leaving deftones is a business decision at this point. deftones is an established business that tours all over the world and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars. i'm sure he can do a lot worse if he left deftones to pursue his own musical happy-place.

edit: do a lot worse money-wise.*

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:07 PM
stephen not leaving deftones is a business decision at this point. deftones is an established business that tours all over the world and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars. i'm sure he can do a lot worse if he left deftones to pursue his own musical happy-place.
So you think he is staying for the money. You must be crazy.

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:01 PM

you know this band so well, right? so you knew that stephen would have little to no input in this album, even before stephen knew, huh?
Maybe you havnt read his interviews but he mentioned asshats like you in one. Basically he said you guys read too much into shit believe what the media wants you to believe. Maybe you didnt hear when said he managed to get shit done in this album and loved it. Maybe you havnt heard Gore either where he lays down some heavy ass shit. Pfft

lungdamage

and good day sir..

blondie

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 07:10 PM

Maybe you havnt read his interviews but he mentioned asshats like you in one. Basically he said you guys read too much into shit believe what the media wants you to believe. Maybe you didnt hear when said he managed to get shit done in this album and loved it. Maybe you havnt heard Gore either where he lays down some heavy ass shit. Pfft

i did read the interviews. he had no choice but to like the album. he simply came into the studio to put in work because what's his other choice? do nothing? like i said, it's a business decision.

if you think this album is laced with stephen's influence, you should go back to their previous albums and listen to everything again.

lungdamage

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:14 PM

i did read the interviews. he had no choice but to like the album. he simply came into the studio to put in work because what's his other choice? do nothing? like i said, it's a business decision.

if you think this album is laced with stephen's influence, you should go back to their previous albums and listen to everything again.

Blondie, I hear what you are saying, but it doesn't/didn't work like that. I know for sure.

gwenudo

Just because we hear more chino and sergio in this album DOES NOT mean steph has no influence in this album. Did you hear Gore? Doomed User? Acid? Xenon? Hell even prayers man. You listening to this with speakers? I recommend buying some audio technica m50s and give that flac a good listen, hes DEFINITELY in there.

Freedomsoldier17

Just listened to Acid in 320 and holy fuck, that song reminds me of Pink Maggit in terms of darkness

lungdamage

I'm in there dog.

blondie

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 07:18 PM

Just because we hear more chino and sergio in this album DOES NOT mean steph has no influence in this album. Did you hear Gore? Doomed User? Acid? Xenon? Hell even prayers man. You listening to this with speakers? I recommend buying some audio technica m50s and give that flac a good listen, hes DEFINITELY in there.

just because stephen jumps in with an 8-string doesn't mean it has his influence. any dumbass can tune down and claim it sounds like stephen. his style is vastly unique to chino's rather basic riffs. and that's what gore is; an album full of chino's textbook bland riffs, sprinkled with stephen's 8-string.