Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

I'm at target and they have these bitches all over the place

B_S_79

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 07:27 PM
I'm at target and they have these bitches all over the place

Don't try to buy it. The cashier will shank you and then the manager will pry the CD from your lifeless hands and put it back on the shelf.

Fuck Target.

ominousnimbus

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 06, 2016, 07:09 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:07 PM
stephen not leaving deftones is a business decision at this point. deftones is an established business that tours all over the world and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars. i'm sure he can do a lot worse if he left deftones to pursue his own musical happy-place.
So you think he is staying for the money. You must be crazy.
I don't know anything the rest of you don't, but does that sound so implausible? Imagine you're in a band similar to Deftones: successful enough to make a good living, but at the same time, they never quite reached "never work another day in my life" success. Even if you started out with the right intentions but eventually grew uninspired by the direction of the band, it would be hard to quit if the only alternative was giving up and getting a "real job."

I have no idea whether any of that actually applies to Steph. I'm just saying that when you have a band that's been moderately successful (commercially) for over two decades, it's likely there will be periods where some of the members aren't feeling it, but stick around anyway. Nobody loves their job all the time - even the luckiest among us. Playing music that isn't exactly what you want is probably a lot better than a suit, tie, boss, and schedule.

E-Money

I personally feel that steph is a big part of this record. I also think he is much more creative on this record than the last two records and did a fantastic job. I have been one of the critical ones recently about his last two records and I am very pleased with his performance on Gore.  Rubicon is the Perfect example of heaviness mixed with beauty. Only Deftones can pull this off. And even though he is still playing the eight string there's much less Chug on this record. And I love that.

blondie

stephen was brought into the studio to make the record deftones-y because without him, the album is basically a variant of crosses.

kingforaday

Stop whining.

luisch

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 06, 2016, 07:30 PM
I personally feel that steph is a big part of this record. I also think he is much more creative on this record than the last two records and did a fantastic job. I have been one of the critical ones recently about his last two records and I am very pleased with his performance on Gore.  Rubicon is the Perfect example of heaviness mixed with beauty. Only Deftones can pull this off. And even though he is still playing the eight string there's much less Chug on this record. And I love that.

+10
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

lungdamage

usually you don't bring steph, steph brings.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: all3n_y on Apr 06, 2016, 07:01 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 06:36 PM
Ok, where would you guys rank Gore?

White Pony
Self Titled
Diamond Eyes
Gore
Around The Fur
Koi No Yokan
SNW
Adrenaline

Deftones
Saturday Night Wrist
White Pony
Gore
Around the Fur
Koi No Yokan
Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

thetimeisdead

Addicted to the album. For real. Getting better and better  ;D

thetimeisdead

I hope Warner Music from Argentina releases the album on Friday ¬¬

gwenudo

For the people who dont get (L)MIRL .. Think of it like Minerva.. Minerva's riffs can sound uplifting (to some people) but yet its dark.. Its just one point of view..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

GR1X7S

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 07:18 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:14 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 07:10 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:01 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 06:53 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 06:49 PM
i just hope stephen carpenter sticks around for it.
These comments are getting ridiculous. If you are asking yourself this, then you dont know this band at all.

you know this band so well, right? so you knew that stephen would have little to no input in this album, even before stephen knew, huh?
Maybe you havnt read his interviews but he mentioned asshats like you in one. Basically he said you guys read too much into shit believe what the media wants you to believe. Maybe you didnt hear when said he managed to get shit done in this album and loved it. Maybe you havnt heard Gore either where he lays down some heavy ass shit. Pfft

i did read the interviews. he had no choice but to like the album. he simply came into the studio to put in work because what's his other choice? do nothing? like i said, it's a business decision.

if you think this album is laced with stephen's influence, you should go back to their previous albums and listen to everything again.
Just because we hear more chino and sergio in this album DOES NOT mean steph has no influence in this album. Did you hear Gore? Doomed User? Acid? Xenon? Hell even prayers man. You listening to this with speakers? I recommend buying some audio technica m50s and give that flac a good listen, hes DEFINITELY in there.
Those are my headphones of choice too lol. There's a nice tradeoff with Chino 80's influenced and post rock vibes and Stef's chugs. It might not be a   much as on other albums but they  do balance it. Stephen also has some really catchy riffs on this thing. His presence is felt.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SCUM

anyone get the preorder with the cap?

lungdamage

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 07:46 PM
For the people who dont get (L)MIRL .. Think of it like Minerva.. Minerva's riffs can sound uplifting (to some people) but yet its dark.. Its just one point of view..

im getting a janes addiction vibe after the jump, need more listens though

E-Money

Absolutely loving this track. It's so massive and just soars!!

Inkblades

I'd definitely put Gore over Koi No Yokan (the songs on Gore are more memorable and more cohesive), Diamond Eyes (the songs on Gore are not as radio-friendly) and most likely Saturday Night Wrist (the songs on Gore have better, more consistent production). I think it might be in a dead tie with S/T. Gore might be more progressive as a whole, but S/T just fucking owns my life. So, definitely their best album since S/T.

thetimeisdead

Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 06, 2016, 07:49 PM

Any idea of what (L)MIRL means?

LG95

Quote from: thetimeisdead on Apr 06, 2016, 07:53 PM

Let's meet in real life.
I could float here forever

SCUM

Quote from: thetimeisdead on Apr 06, 2016, 07:53 PM

let's meet in real life