Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

It's code for when people on the internet want to fuck each other.

gwenudo

Quote from: thetimeisdead on Apr 06, 2016, 07:53 PM
Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 06, 2016, 07:49 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 07:46 PM
For the people who dont get (L)MIRL .. Think of it like Minerva.. Minerva's riffs can sound uplifting (to some people) but yet its dark.. Its just one point of view..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im getting a janes addiction vibe after the jump, need more listens though

Any idea of what (L)MIRL means?
Lets meet in real life
Was it like it seemed?...

blondie

i've come to the conclusion that you can't compare deftones' last 4 albums to their first 4. between adrenaline and self-titled, they were a completely different band from what they were in snw 'til now. so going by that formula, i rank the last 4 like so:

kny-diamond eyes (tied)
gore
snw

kleptoned

Quote from: thetimeisdead on Apr 06, 2016, 07:53 PM
Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 06, 2016, 07:49 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 07:46 PM
For the people who dont get (L)MIRL .. Think of it like Minerva.. Minerva's riffs can sound uplifting (to some people) but yet its dark.. Its just one point of view..

im getting a janes addiction vibe after the jump, need more listens though

Any idea of what (L)MIRL means?
Lets meet in real life

Inkblades

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:33 PM
stephen was brought into the studio to make the record deftones-y because without him, the album is basically a variant of crosses.

Do you really think this album is like Crosses or are you trololo? Crosses is so much more electronic to me. Gore is a flat-out rock album. But it's not a bad comparison, I guess, just because Crosses and Gore are Chino's two best albums of this decade.

thetimeisdead

Thanks for the explanation of (L)MIRL guys  :D

blondie

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 06, 2016, 08:00 PM
stephen was brought into the studio to make the record deftones-y because without him, the album is basically a variant of crosses.

Do you really think this album is like Crosses or are you trololo? Crosses is so much more electronic to me. Gore is a flat-out rock album. But it's not a bad comparison, I guess, just because Crosses and Gore are Chino's two best albums of this decade.

variant

luisch

White Pony
Deftones
Gore
Saturday Night Wrist
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Adrenaline
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

77years

Lesbians mating is rapid licking

Sleeping_Giant

I'm still crying because of the awesomeness of Rubicon. It's so epic that I can't stop listening to it. They should get Nobel Prize in awesomeness or some other shit. I hope they will play it live.

cvthedrv

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:02 PM

variant

i would say a variant of palms, and that's undeniable.

blondie

Quote from: luisch on Apr 06, 2016, 08:07 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Gore
Saturday Night Wrist
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Adrenaline

read my comment above about ranking albums. that way, it doesn't look ridiculous ranking gore above adrenaline...

...lol srsly?

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:12 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Gore
Saturday Night Wrist
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Adrenaline

read my comment above about ranking albums. that way, it doesn't look ridiculous ranking gore above adrenaline...

...lol srsly?
Now i understand why you were crying lol youre one of those fans that wants nothing but copy and pastes of root... Makes sense now

venomousinsipid

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 06, 2016, 08:10 PM

variant

Fuck yeah, Chino sounds very much like Palms which is not bad but i kinda miss the trance in the whole album, i mean since Diamond Eyes Chino learned to use his voice and in every record sings better but there's no trance... I´m glad Gore has back (in someway) the Chino of those days.
Blow me away...!

blondie

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:13 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Gore
Saturday Night Wrist
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Adrenaline

...lol srsly?
Now i understand why you were crying lol youre one of those fans that wants nothing but copy and pastes of root... Makes sense now

if you think that, then you have a hard time deciphering perfectly logical opinions.

my beef is not with gore. i am enjoying gore for what it is. my beef is stephen's aura is conspicuously missing. to say stephen is the common force behind it is delusional.

ironically, by not accepting that, you are in fact showing you believe they haven't changed and are the same band they were in 1995.

gwenudo

My current list at the moment, which will probably or probably not change eventually.

S/T
Gore
WP
Adrenaline
ATF
SNW
DE
KNY

SNW is 3rd to last, but it shits all over DE and KNY in my opinion, its only below because ATF is better in my opinion, and adrenaline gets me going

kleptoned

1.Adrenaline
2.ATF
3.White Pony
4.Self Titled
5.SNW
6.Diamond Eyes
7.Koi No Yokan
8.Gore

But only bc I started from the bottom now Im here...Each one has a place in my heart and I love them all equally ...Ive grown as there music has and im ok with my order

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 06, 2016, 08:10 PM

variant

Yeah.  From what I can tell, I sense almost no Crosses vibe on this album.  Palms, on the other hand, I can definitely tell had an influence.  Chino even tweeted fairly recently that ISIS was his favorite band.  So it's not surprising that this album had a post-metal/shoegazey kind of vibe to it, obviously filtered through the Deftones lens.  Not sure where the Crosses comment came from though.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:18 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:13 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Gore
Saturday Night Wrist
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Adrenaline

...lol srsly?

if you think that, then you have a hard time deciphering perfectly logical opinions.

my beef is not with gore. i am enjoying gore for what it is. my beef is stephen's aura is conspicuously missing. to say stephen is the common force behind it is delusional.

ironically, by not accepting that, you are in fact showing you believe they haven't changed and are the same band they were in 1995.
Lol so because i called you out on how you hate that stephs heard a little less, im the looser who wants copy and pastes lmao you make no sense bud

wkcwkc

Holy crap...when Steph comes in at 0:16 on Xenon...chills