Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: wkcwkc on Apr 06, 2016, 08:23 PM
Holy crap...when Steph comes in at 0:16 on Xenon...chills
Dont tell blondie, he wont believe you
Was it like it seemed?...

sooniletugo

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Apr 06, 2016, 08:09 PM
I'm still crying because of the awesomeness of Rubicon. It's so epic that I can't stop listening to it. They should get Nobel Prize in awesomeness or some other shit. I hope they will play it live.

Right on dude. It's stuck in my head all the time. Absolutely spectacular song. Gives me an amazing feeling! They've gotta play it live, it's far too good not to!

blondie

comparing an album like atf or adrenaline to gore is like comparing a lamborghini to a bentley. it doesn't make any sense. i don't know why y'alls be acting nutty.

2MoreHours

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 06, 2016, 07:54 PM
Quote from: thetimeisdead on Apr 06, 2016, 07:53 PM
Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 06, 2016, 07:49 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 07:46 PM
For the people who dont get (L)MIRL .. Think of it like Minerva.. Minerva's riffs can sound uplifting (to some people) but yet its dark.. Its just one point of view..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im getting a janes addiction vibe after the jump, need more listens though

Any idea of what (L)MIRL means?
Let's meet in real life.

Let Me Intimately Rape Lamas

B0RNtoR0CK

Lol at everyone posting their favorite album order. I personally found White Pony too commercial. I really like it but it's not top 3.

2MoreHours

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:26 PM
I'm still crying because of the awesomeness of Rubicon. It's so epic that I can't stop listening to it. They should get Nobel Prize in awesomeness or some other shit. I hope they will play it live.

Right on dude. It's stuck in my head all the time. Absolutely spectacular song. Gives me an amazing feeling! They've gotta play it live, it's far too good not to!

Crying?  Seriously? 

gwenudo

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Apr 06, 2016, 08:28 PM
Lol at everyone posting their favorite album order. I personally found White Pony too commercial. I really like it but it's not top 3.
It may be on peoples top 3 for different reasons that you may think though, personally, the album has a meaning to me, a point in time, somethig that got me through some shit, ya dig? Lol

rageman02uk

Now having heard it a couple of times in HQ, this album has basically blown my socks off from the start, although i can't completely get my head around Acid, BUT DE and KNY were growers, shit all previous albums were growers to me, this just hit me like a train with that one slight exception [Acid], which in terms of things is a massive difference to me. I found this so accessible.

My top 3 tracks would have to be: Geometric Headress, (L)Mirl & Phantoms Bride, but huge shout outs to Hearts/Wires, Gore, Rubicon, Pittura too.

Deftones, Along with Tool & Mars Volta are my favourite bands. This album to me, is the one i've wanted them to make, one that i knew they had in them, one that had more musical ideas in song structures, spacey yet dark atmosphere etc, KNY had its moments and is still a great album, this is a couple of steps up imo.. Anyways as you can tell i'm really happy with it. Enjoy peeps

blondie

lol @ qwenudo's logic:

dood, jerry cantrell makes an appearance on phantom bride. it has alice in chains influence all over it!!!

DERRR...

LG95

Anyone who thinks White Pony is too commercial is a full-on moron.
I could float here forever

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 06, 2016, 08:29 PM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:26 PM

Crying?  Seriously?

i can't say i cried but it's a pretty darn heavy song. don't blame em

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:27 PM
comparing an album like atf or adrenaline to gore is like comparing a lamborghini to a bentley. it doesn't make any sense. i don't know why y'alls be acting nutty.

We can compare the albums because, you know... they're two different albums, full of... you know, songs... by, you know.. the same band?  How is this so difficult to comprehend?  Of course you can compare two different kinds of cars too, because they're both cars.  So they can be compared, and often people do, and people can decide which one they like best based on those comparisons.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

sooniletugo

Totally agree with ya Rage, love Tool and Mars Volta too. Acid Hologram is the odd one for me too, but it does grow on you. Not my favourite but a really good song. Chino's favourite so I bet they'll be playing it live.

2MoreHours

Quote from: rageman02uk on Apr 06, 2016, 08:31 PM
Now having heard it a couple of times in HQ, this album has basically blown my socks off from the start, although i can't completely get my head around Acid, BUT DE and KNY were growers, shit all previous albums were growers to me, this just hit me like a train with that one slight exception [Acid], which in terms of things is a massive difference to me. I found this so accessible.

My top 3 tracks would have to be: Geometric Headress, (L)Mirl & Phantoms Bride, but huge shout outs to Hearts/Wires, Gore, Rubicon, Pittura too.

Deftones, Along with Tool & Mars Volta are my favourite bands. This album to me, is the one i've wanted them to make, one that i knew they had in them, one that had more musical ideas in song structures, spacey yet dark atmosphere etc, KNY had its moments and is still a great album, this is a couple of steps up imo.. Anyways as you can tell i'm really happy with it. Enjoy peeps

I'm a fan of their edgier/heavier stuff but I'm actually glad they made this record for other types of fans.  Us metal heads have tons of great Deftones heavy songs already.  This album adds immensely to their catalog and makes them more accessible to other fans.  I see nothing wrong with that and while it might not be a grand slam for me, I do like it.

blondie

lol @  illthrowROCKS@U's logic:

dood, my vw bug is a car...just like a ferrari 458 italia. they're pretty much the same thing!!!

DERRR...

N0S3BLEED976

Gore
SNW
DE
KNY
S/T
WP
ATF
Adrenaline

in my opinion.

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:33 PM
lol @ qwenudo's logic:

dood, jerry cantrell makes an appearance on phantom bride. it has alice in chains influence all over it!!!

DERRR...
When did i say that? I have never said that nor have i ever said phantom bride, or even the album as a whole, have a alice in chains influence lol. Calm yo tits

rainnyx4

Lack of Adrenaline appreciation on this board is sad. You guys don't like post-hardcore? Adrenaline is right up there with the classics of Quicksand and Helmet.

blondie

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:39 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:33 PM
lol @ qwenudo's logic:

DERRR...
When did i say that? I have never said that nor have i ever said phantom bride, or even the album as a whole, have a alice in chains influence lol. Calm yo tits

bro, you have some SEVERE comprehension problems. i'll just stop throwing elementary shit over your head now, k? sowwy.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:38 PM
lol @  illthrowROCKS@U's logic:

dood, my vw bug is a car...just like a ferrari 458 italia. they're pretty much the same thing!!!

DERRR...

Well, yes they are the same thing.  They're both cars.  Therefore, we can easily compare a VW bug and a Ferrari.  Are you having difficulty understanding what the word comparison means?  It doesn't mean looking at two things that are the exact same, that's sort of counter productive, wouldn't you say?  A comparison is the act of estimating or measuring the similarity or dissimilarity between two things in the same category, and in this case that category is a car.  Likewise, Adrenaline and Gore are two albums, full of music, from the same band.  It doesn't get more easily comparable than that.  You can listen to both, choose which one you like best based on, oh I dunno, subjective thought.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem