Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 01, 2016, 09:40 PM
Speaking of Gore. Did the band stop doing covers. Last album with recorded cover songs was DE. KNY they had planned to but no time. Anyone else want covers?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

At least they should release some of them as bonus or b-sides, if there are. But I think this wasn't the situation.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Sicario

For me there's a difference between best and favorite. So I will bore with my two lists.

Best:
ATF
Gore
WP
S/T
DE
Adrenaline
KNY
SNW

Favorite:
DE (My first Deftones record, bear with me)
S/T
Gore
KNY
ATF
WP
Adrenaline
SNW
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

invalidses

as someone who brought this community KNY flac back in 2012... think i could be shown the same hospitality and kindness?

sly? mr. v? scatterbrain? any other cool old pplz that im forgetting? no0bz welcomed too!

i only have a 98mb vbr0 currently. would really appreciate an upgrade. PM please. thank you.

side note: it took my 3 days to remember my username/pswd. damn i got old.

ConcealingFate92

I love all the records that they've done... Some more than others, but i love each one.

For me it's:

WP
ST
ATF
Gore
Adrenaline
SNW
DI
KNY
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

gwenudo

Quote from: nicklav on Apr 06, 2016, 10:49 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 10:48 PM
That 2:24 section on Pittura is fucking amazing. Cant get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I played that back immediately the first time I heard it.
Love how Chino soars through Stephs licks right there, like i can picture Steph and Chino riding a fucking eagle at a highspeed in the sky during the part lol
Was it like it seemed?...

sooniletugo

Nice to see I'm not the only one that loves that part. Breathtaking shit!

invalidses

personally, I'm really impressed with the album from start to finish. its a beautiful piece of art. every album has been a wild ride.

at 15 years old adrenaline struck a chord.

at 35 gore hits again.

deftones have been providing the soundtrack of my life. i got to tell them all that on the taste of chaos tour in sacramento.

invalidses

now that i actually think about that... they probably have heard that a lot.

the soundtrack of my life...

blondie

Quote from: invalidses on Apr 06, 2016, 11:02 PM
i got to tell them all that on the taste of chaos tour in sacramento.

how awkward was the silence afterwards?

nicklav

personally, I'm really impressed with the album from start to finish. its a beautiful piece of art. every album has been a wild ride.

at 35 gore hits again.

deftones have been providing the soundtrack of my life. i got to tell them all that on the taste of chaos tour in sacramento.

I was at that show! Did you see the guy who flipped off Pelican during their entire set? Note: I should say that it wasn't me doing that haha! It was just interesting to see this dude standing out on his own flipping off a band.

RaptureWS

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 10:48 PM
That 2:24 section on Pittura is fucking amazing. Cant get over it.

This ^ One of my fav parts of the album. I thought BallZ and I were the only two digging that track.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

gwenudo

So did anybody else listen to the interview an hour ago on beats 1 with deftones? Is it true theyre starting a podcast?

Was it like it seemed?...

nicklav

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 11:04 PM

What's your problem?

2MoreHours

Guess I'll play...

WP
SNW
ATF
Adrenaline
S/T
DE
Gore
KNY

invalidses

lol chino smiled... probably thought i was nuts. his cousin introduced me to him when she found out i came from NJ for the show. so he had to tolerate me at least for a minute.

abe made me try on my then gf's spaghetti strapped souvenir if he was to sign it. he was surrounded by girls. i tried it on.

stef was kinda quiet and respectful.

frank was with his boys and didn't really want to be bothered.

chi introduced me to his grandmother...

RaptureWS

I guess it depends on how he said it. If he was cool about it I am sure it is fine. But I bet they hate when people say shit like "Your music fucking saved my life. I had a gun to my head during BQAD but YOU fixed me!"

When I met them I would have loved to just ask questions, praise them, etc but I just said, "Great show and your music is fantastic, always. Keep it up. Good to meet you" and that's all. Would be cool to be press or something and hang out with them a bit though.

thetimeisdead

Pony
Gore
Saturday
Koi
ATF
Self titled
Diamond
Adrenaline

RaptureWS

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 06, 2016, 08:29 PM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:26 PM
Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Apr 06, 2016, 08:09 PM
I'm still crying because of the awesomeness of Rubicon. It's so epic that I can't stop listening to it. They should get Nobel Prize in awesomeness or some other shit. I hope they will play it live.

Right on dude. It's stuck in my head all the time. Absolutely spectacular song. Gives me an amazing feeling! They've gotta play it live, it's far too good not to!

Crying?  Seriously?

I was half laughing/half crying when I first heard it. Not even ashamed. It happens. Some music just strikes a chord. Only other time I cried to a song was when I heard Change for the first time.

invalidses

Quote from: nicklav on Apr 06, 2016, 11:04 PM

at 35 gore hits again.

I was at that show! Did you see the guy who flipped off Pelican during their entire set? Note: I should say that it wasn't me doing that haha! It was just interesting to see this dude standing out on his own flipping off a band.

i was on the stef's side of the stage that night. it was definitely one for the ages.

BallZDeeP

Lemme rate..keep in mind i am older than 90% of you and my tastes have changed a lot more after my mid/late 30's and into my 40's again

WP
Gore
ATF
ST
DE
Adrenaline
KNY
SNW

I almost put Gore at the top only because it brings me back to a 90's/2000 era and i miss that chunk of time of my life. I used to be very picky with what I listened to and wasnt very open to new music..i would barely recommend anything to anyone, and kept it to myself.
I gave an old navy friend a taste of it thinking he wouldnt dig it because of his tastes and boy was I wrong. He feels the same way about the 90's vibe to it..pretty cool if i may say so

Anyways thats my 2 cents. Thanks