Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

Mein is Abe's most righteous moment

Besides Xenon of course

neirda

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 07, 2016, 10:54 AM
Almost 500 pages and it's not officially released yet. What a time.

I'm having a hard time figuring Geometric Headdress out. Shit just feels uselessly elaborate to me.

It may sounds elaborate but it still flows nicely I think. One of the most ambitious work on the album.
Needs more spins to make a reasonable judgement though

gwenudo

Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 07, 2016, 11:04 AM
which track do ya'll think is the best/your favorite lyrically?
I would say Mascara. Very simple song but man, when i first heard the song it felt like i was being told a story and i was so into it.. And at the end, what a plot twist.. Thats my favorite lyrically
Was it like it seemed?...

HURRIANCE_6ASS

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 07, 2016, 07:50 AM
Quote from: HURRIANCE_6ASS on Apr 06, 2016, 04:01 AM
My wife Alexa join mail order program. Name of song phantom bride mean especially close to me.

I will take FLACS file to comrade-cntrl@specialRARs.ru

This one, too

Hearing you say that just warms my heart.

astynk

Well, I've given the album a few more listens and now it doesn't sound so foreign to me... Maybe, I'll even like it over time. Still, the previous albums are better, and KNY&Gore is a step backwards. Will keep you informed of how I feel about Gore.

HURRIANCE_6ASS

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 07, 2016, 10:37 AM
So it's the eve of the album and for the first time in their near 30 year history, there have been no music videos released to support any of the songs

Way to drop the ball on this album, Warner Bros. Good to know you clueless suit fucks care about your artists

Wasn't there supposedly a video in production of them standing in a room miming P/T? What's the point now? That was the first single over two months ago. So lame..

In the Rolling Stone interview, they mentioned filming Chino running through the streets. Sounds like it'll be like the Rocket Skates video. Cuts between miming in a room and Chino doing things.

Consider this: in the song, Chino says he "will never walk this street again." In the video, they filmed him RUNNING through the streets. OMG, you guys. I solved it.

shoop

Quote from: HURRIANCE_6ASS on Apr 07, 2016, 12:15 PM
So it's the eve of the album and for the first time in their near 30 year history, there have been no music videos released to support any of the songs

Way to drop the ball on this album, Warner Bros. Good to know you clueless suit fucks care about your artists

Wasn't there supposedly a video in production of them standing in a room miming P/T? What's the point now? That was the first single over two months ago. So lame..

In the Rolling Stone interview, they mentioned filming Chino running through the streets. Sounds like it'll be like the Rocket Skates video. Cuts between miming in a room and Chino doing things.

Consider this: in the song, Chino says he "will never walk this street again." In the video, they filmed him RUNNING through the streets. OMG, you guys. I solved it.
Then he shoots himself in both feet and wheelchairs away.

77years

I want them to open their show with pittura infamante

77years

shoop

Quote from: 77years on Apr 07, 2016, 12:17 PM
That I can't ever in a million years see happening

neirda

Quote from: shoop on Apr 07, 2016, 12:17 PM

Nothing will beat nachos Chino in his spaceship in HITE

77years

Quote from: shoop on Apr 07, 2016, 12:20 PM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 07, 2016, 12:17 PM
That I can't ever in a million years see happening

People would lose their shit

That song is ridiculous. I love it

77years

Quote from: neirda on Apr 07, 2016, 12:24 PM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 07, 2016, 12:17 PM

Nothing will beat nachos Chino in his spaceship in HITE

Mind bogglingly weird.  Someone should parody that video

sooniletugo

hahaha

Got a feeling this video has been shelved like Tempest. It's taken way too long to come out. We should be waiting for the 2nd or 3rdvideo by this point.

Ripe91

after a few listens I have to say geometrick headdress is my favorite of the album, I love how disorienting it is.

sandman

I'm holding out until Friday before listening to Gore in its entirety, but what little I've heard has been amazing! After reading the reaction to the album you guys have me utterly excited.

sooniletugo

Geometric is dope. Especially like how the verse riff and chinos vocal pattern work together, sounds awesome.

Plus, only Chino could get away with some of those lyrics. On KNY the lyrics could be cringey at times (romantic, graphic) but on this album he delivers them much better IMO.

ANattyRat

Do you think it matters? We have three singles, do you think a music video would really matter in a substantial way? I guess music videos can build even more hype, but I don't know...the music is what people are waiting on, you know? It is stupid that there's no music video when it seems to have been finished ages ago though.

Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 07, 2016, 11:04 AM
which track do ya'll think is the best/your favorite lyrically?

Geometric Headdress, without a doubt. I love the imagery of it. Special mention to Phantom Bride and Hearts/Wires for the more personal, melancholy vibes they give off. But really, Gore (album, not song) has some of the best lyrics Chino has done in a good while, for me, personally.

Edit: Oh, did you mean out of their entire discography? Whoops, haha. In that case, probably Korea or Knife Prty. There's a reason those two songs are in my all-time favourite Deftones songs. Riviere too.

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 07, 2016, 10:54 AM
I'm having a hard time figuring Geometric Headdress out. Shit just feels uselessly elaborate to me.

One of my favourites. Can't quite explain why, I love the lyrics and the vocals (and the music, haha), and I especially love Sergio on this one. But, you know, it's an album full of strong songs, in my opinion, so hard to really form an opinion just yet. Acid Hologram and (L)MIRL were my least favourites, and now I love them.

77years

I'm starting a Kickstarter thing to get Deftones to open the New Orleans show with Pittura Infamante

Absolutely insane from beginning to end

2MoreHours

Quote from: astynk on Apr 07, 2016, 12:10 PM
Well, I've given the album a few more listens and now it doesn't sound so foreign to me... Maybe, I'll even like it over time. Still, the previous albums are better, and KNY&Gore is a step backwards. Will keep you informed of how I feel about Gore.

Sadly, I'm pretty much over Gore already.  It's a bunch of ok songs and nothing that I'd really skip if I had deftones on shuffle and a Gore song came on.  There just isn't much that stands out to me.  Solid album all the way through but nothing outstanding.