Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurid Vega

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 07, 2016, 03:16 PM
I love Frank's bits in the outro of Rubicon. Lovely extra layer.
Yeah, hope he starts doing more like it. Acid Hologram and Xenon also. In Xenon his sounds switch from one ear to the other with headphones on, really cool

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

punkflop01

The first average review of Gore that I've come across. Somehow this only makes me more excited to listen to it tomorrow!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/music/3386139/deftones-gore-disappointing-release-album-review/

pinata89

Since I preordered the album way back when, will this album populate to my iTunes at midnight tonight?

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: sizeofanocean on Apr 07, 2016, 02:49 PM
Good to see gore is so badass... M83 leaked finally about to check it out. Two of my favorite bands... Now only if radiohead's album dropped out of nowhere tomorrow too!!

Is M83 any good?  I've only heard that song Midnight City, and it bores me to death.  Is that the kind of music they do?  Is there anything worth giving a shot that is nothing like that song?  Every time it comes on the radio I change the channel as fast as I can...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

LG95

Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 07, 2016, 03:40 PM
The first average review of Gore that I've come across. Somehow this only makes me more excited to listen to it tomorrow!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/music/3386139/deftones-gore-disappointing-release-album-review/
I laughed at the title of the article for some reason.
I could float here forever

gwenudo

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 07, 2016, 03:42 PM
Since I preordered the album way back when, will this album populate to my iTunes at midnight tonight?
Yes
Was it like it seemed?...

guizz

Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 07, 2016, 03:40 PM

As much as I disagree, I can see where he is coming from, especially if he really liked the more direct approach of the last 2 albums.

LG95

From the most negative review to the most positive one http://altdialogue.com/2016/04/07/album-review-gore-by-deftones/
I could float here forever

SMLiberator

I've listened to the album like a thousand times now (like at least 20), but I'm still incredibly hyped for tomorrow ???
i'm confused??

sizeofanocean

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 07, 2016, 03:45 PM
Quote from: sizeofanocean on Apr 07, 2016, 02:49 PM
Good to see gore is so badass... M83 leaked finally about to check it out. Two of my favorite bands... Now only if radiohead's album dropped out of nowhere tomorrow too!!

Is M83 any good?  I've only heard that song Midnight City, and it bores me to death.  Is that the kind of music they do?  Is there anything worth giving a shot that is nothing like that song?  Every time it comes on the radio I change the channel as fast as I can...

M83 are awesome but yes they do mostly heavy 80s inspired synthy music mixed with some Pink Floyd influence. Hurry up we're dreaming is a stellar record... This new one is not so great after the first spin... Check out the song we own thing sky https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-sKXuauTY

Freedomsoldier17

Deftones actually used Be Wild by M83 as a concert intro once. that song is just epic imo

hockball26

Grabbed a good version a few days ago and wanted hold out to listen straight through.  Finally did this morning and fuck my sweet ass its really good.  Ves mentioned a possible honeymoon period and I know what he means, had it with KNY, but digesting it more and more feels really good.  Has all the parts of tones Im looking for.  Im old as shit so I fall in the ATF WP ST and some SNW crew.   Not that I didnt like DE and KNY just feels different with this.

Gaz

Ive only listented to Prayers/Triangles, decided to hold off listening to any leaks or other tracks the band added to Spotify. Got the CD and Vinyl arriving tomorrow, looking forward to hearing it!

guizz

I think Phantom Bride is my favorite song ever.

HURRIANCE_6ASS

Geometric Headdress is an auditory fever dream.

Ripe91

Acid hologram is straight out of a my bloody valentine record. I love it.

Jville808

(L)Mirl is some powerful stuff...I can't get enough of that one. Needs a vid on YouTube, I might make one if someone doesn't beat me to it

gwenudo

Gore is on Spotify now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

pinata89

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 05:14 PM
Gore is on Spotify now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it really?!

gwenudo

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 07, 2016, 05:15 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 05:14 PM