Was it like it seemed?...

from_musings

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 07, 2016, 06:59 PM

laughing so hard right now  8)  scumbag chino

Reichward

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 07, 2016, 06:55 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Apr 07, 2016, 06:53 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 07, 2016, 06:40 PM
Nah, it's just something to play before the encore, there's no reason for them to be playing an intro to a song they're probably never going to let us hear. Like really, by that logic it could be any of the other songs they came up with for Gore but didn't finish or put on the album, you know?

if that isn't crest maybe it will be a song in the future. in the same way they played the pink maggit intro live in 1998 - that ended up a song in 2000...

I doubt it, I'm sure they don't think that far ahead, haha. They also don't play demo versions of songs live anymore.

Too late. Now I have a headcanon where this intro is from the closer to Eros

gwenudo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 07, 2016, 06:49 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 07, 2016, 05:45 PM
Now, the only caveat is that Gore doesn't seem to have THE ONE.  That ONE song that just drives me wild. 

i've only listened to the vinyl rip 3-4 times, waiting for the cd to drop... although some very good stuff on there, i didn't get that jawdropping moment, the hit in the chest, that high and euophoria from a song,when the heart rate increases.. couldn't see a 10/10 song. all of their records except snw had 10/10 songs....pretty sure CREST was the 10/10 song. too bad it got flushed

Yeah, pretty much.  I do think SNW had at least a 10/10 in Kimdracula and Riviere, maybe Xerces.

But either way, you said it better than I did.  There's no 10/10s on Gore.  The average is probably higher than most other Deftones albums, because even though some of them had 10/10s, they've also got a few 4/10s or in some cases worse.  Gore seems to be an entire record with 7/10s with a few 8.5/10s thrown in the mix.  Very solid overall, but I wish there was that one... just one..
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

from_musings

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 07:11 PM

pretty cool too  :). get his though,best song from the snw period? fod/buffalo with vocals. where is it on snw record? exactly. chino could do it again.

gwenudo

from_musings

now this guy gets it.

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 07, 2016, 07:13 PM
Yeah, pretty much.  I do think SNW had at least a 10/10 in Kimdracula and Riviere, maybe Xerces.

ok cool. xerces my gf's favourtie deftones song.she's not into deftones, but she sure loves that track. i can't get into those snw songs oh well.

Reichward

I remember someone, in a interview maybe, stating that the vocals in (L)MIRL are reminding of Bjork. Is it true?

E-Money

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 07, 2016, 06:49 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 07, 2016, 05:45 PM
Now, the only caveat is that Gore doesn't seem to have THE ONE.  That ONE song that just drives me wild. 

i've only listened to the vinyl rip 3-4 times, waiting for the cd to drop... although some very good stuff on there, i didn't get that jawdropping moment, the hit in the chest, that high and euophoria from a song,when the heart rate increases.. couldn't see a 10/10 song. all of their records except snw had 10/10 songs....pretty sure CREST was the 10/10 song. too bad it got flushed

Personally Phantom bride and rubicon give me that feeling every time.

from_musings

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 07, 2016, 07:28 PM
I remember someone, in a interview maybe, stating that the vocals in (L)MIRL are reminding of Bjork. Is it true?

daniel parter, swim podcast i think. more björk in gore verses, no?

DenakDW

That was true, but I think the reviewer got the wrong song... Also said that it was the heaviest on the record. I think that he meant that about "gore" (the song)... I think is the heaviest song on the record and also I get the björk vibe from that track.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

Reichward

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 07, 2016, 07:31 PM

daniel parter, swim podcast i think. more björk in gore verses, no?
You mean the song "Gore"? I can't tell yet, I will in a few hours, but I'm really curious. I love Bjork and I've never even thought of assimilating her with Chino Moreno in any context.

Quote from: DenakDW on Apr 07, 2016, 07:32 PM

That was true, but I think the reviewer got the wrong song... Also said that it was the heaviest on the record. I think that he meant that about "gore" (the song)... I think is the heaviest song on the record and also I get the björk vibe from that track.

Okay, it all makes sense. I also expected LMIRL to be the heaviest so I was a little confused when I read everyone's comments.

Thanks for replying.

SMLiberator

I remember hearing Rubicon for the first time, and even though I was pretty unimpressed by the album as a whole upon first listen that song just had me going like "duuuuuuuuuuuuuude" for it's entire running time. That's pretty 10/10 IMO.
i'm confused??

sooniletugo

Chino does sound like Bjork in the Gore verses. Good catch.

Inkblades

Quick, someone make a photoshop meme with Chino wearing Bjork's swan dress.

DenakDW

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 07, 2016, 07:44 PM
Quick, someone make a photoshop meme with Chino wearing Bjork's swan dress.
THIS.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

sooniletugo

I heard Chino is gonna wear a flamingo dress on this tour in homage.