Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 07, 2016, 11:52 PM
Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 07, 2016, 11:49 PM
Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 07, 2016, 11:41 PM
Having had this album for almost a week.. Its been on non-stop play. In my room, in my car, at work..

Now that the new has worn off a tad.. I can not fucking get over how beautifully amazing this album is. It gives me chills.. Geometric Headdress is still probably my personal favorite. It comes at you heavy, hard, smooth, and sexy.. everything that I love about deftones.
Me also man, I am trying not to wear it out but Acid and Rubicon. .....I can't stop....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I don't care about wearing it out.. I listen to all of their albums all of the time, and I love each one of them just as much as I did when I got them. I'm enjoying this new album so much though.

That being said.. I really need to give the new M83, Autolux, and Moderat albums some love

I'm also hearing whispers that the new Weezer album is actually decent.

I've heard very good things about new Weezer. I liked the singles I heard a while back. Really ought to give it a listen, but I can't turn Deftones off right now.

Lurid Vega

Having had this album for almost a week.. Its been on non-stop play. In my room, in my car, at work..

Now that the new has worn off a tad.. I can not fucking get over how beautifully amazing this album is. It gives me chills.. Geometric Headdress is still probably my personal favorite. It comes at you heavy, hard, smooth, and sexy.. everything that I love about deftones.
Me also man, I am trying not to wear it out but Acid and Rubicon. .....I can't stop....

I don't care about wearing it out.. I listen to all of their albums all of the time, and I love each one of them just as much as I did when I got them. I'm enjoying this new album so much though.

That being said.. I really need to give the new M83, Autolux, and Moderat albums some love

I want to check it out... but after the first album, everything after I hate. That damn Hollywood song...too Nickelback...I hate Nickelback.

2MoreHours

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 07, 2016, 11:50 PM
I've called around town and every store I call.. the lazy fucks don't know or care to look -_-

My local store didn't  have a single Deftones vinyl in the whole store but they will tomorrow since I asked.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 07, 2016, 11:56 PM

I want to check it out... but after the first album, everything after I hate. That damn Hollywood song...too Nickelback...I hate Nickelback.

Weezer have like 3 albums in my book.. Blue, Green, and Pinkerton.. but I'm hearing this new one is the best thing they've done SINCE Pinkerton. Time will tell.. right now all my ears care to hear is GORE

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 07, 2016, 11:57 PM
Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 07, 2016, 11:50 PM
I've called around town and every store I call.. the lazy fucks don't know or care to look -_-

My local store didn't  have a single Deftones vinyl in the whole store but they will tomorrow since I asked.

Yeah, I just got off the phone with Hot Topic (yea.. I know -_-) The dude on the phone was cool.. he said he didn't know deftones had a new album out until this morning when he checked the playlist. Said they'll probably have it next week.
I should get my pre-order in tomorrow.. I'm not sweating it. I was just gonna pick up a digipack today because I really want to see the artwork.. plus I'm off of work, with nothing better to do.

sooniletugo

One of you muthafuckas better film this amoeba show tomorrow

Inkblades

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 08, 2016, 12:04 AM

Amoeba show is on the 11th.

DFTNSHXGRM

My ONLY nit-pick that I have about the album is I wish Acid Hologram and Prayers/Triangles were switched around on the line up.

sharinglungs

QuoteDeftones will be performing a very special set at @amoebahollywood in LA on 4/11

Unless I slept for 3 days... lol

ANattyRat

Quote from: coreystevens88 on Apr 07, 2016, 11:47 PM
Am I the only board member left that hasn't listened to the whole album yet?  Waiting until UPS arrives tomorrow to do it properly the first time.

NYRexall hasn't listened to anything either.

Isn't it the 11th?

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 12:08 AM
Quote from: coreystevens88 on Apr 07, 2016, 11:47 PM
Am I the only board member left that hasn't listened to the whole album yet?  Waiting until UPS arrives tomorrow to do it properly the first time.

NYRexall hasn't listened to anything either.

Isn't it the 11th?

I want to grow up to be like you two. Mad respect!

DFTNSHXGRM

didn't they write or record something like 16 tracks this time around? Anyone think we might hear a B-Side from this record?

They haven't put out a B-side that blew me away like "Lovers".. I'm dying to hear what they chose to cast aside.

snw9

Code: [Select]

sooniletugo

oh whoops . I was thinking it was a release day show like they've done before.

ANattyRat

Seriously though, is anyone going to that show?

snw9

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 08, 2016, 12:11 AM
didn't they write or record something like 16 tracks this time around? Anyone think we might hear a B-Side from this record?

They haven't put out a B-side that blew me away like "Lovers".. I'm dying to hear what they chose to cast aside.

The only B-side could be Crest, a cover or acoustic version. Unless, Chino decides to lay down the vocals for the 4 other tracks for which the instruments were recorded except vocals.
Code: [Select]

77years

How sick would it be if we get a 45 single of something w/ a non-LP b-side

Lurid Vega

Yeah, I listen to all Deftones. Even the unreleased. I can build a playlist lasting all day easily

guarnoplo

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 07, 2016, 11:55 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 07, 2016, 11:47 PM
The best thing DE has going for that some of the other albums don't is you can hear Frank on almost every song. The man is an absolute God of sound and should be revered as such.

I like Diamond Eyes, but some of the songs are a little commercial for me, though. It's funny that Chino was slagging Coldplay in the press, because Sextape basically is a Coldplay song.

He said in one interview that Sextape was his attempt at making a Smashing Pumpkins song. But yeah I was surprised that he dissed Coldplay like that, after admitting to liking Bieber. I've enjoyed the recent Coldplay songs I've heard.
I don't think he admitted to like Bieber, he said that What Do You Mean was the song he's been listening to lately, why? 'cause that song was everywhere and on the radio when driving his daughter to school; besides I think his answers were maybe forced and from the top of his head at the moment.

2MoreHours

I haven't really read all the lyrics for (l)mirl but it seems like it's encouraging someone to commit suicide.  I like how the song sounds but it's kind of troubling to me.  Am I wrong?