Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallZDeeP

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 02:17 AM
77 you are a living legend!  I am eternally grateful for your kindness and for Ves and Ballz and anyone else I may be leaving out.  Also the guy that hooked us up with the vinyl rip of the 2 or 3 songs before that.  Can't remember his name but if anyone does, throw him a shout out.

you guys are worth it in my book. it was fun

2MoreHours

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 02:20 AM
Important trivia question, the guy hooked me up because I gave him what album in January?

Who is 77 years and what is Vanilla Ice's greatest hits.

gwenudo

Quote from: snakcharmr on Apr 08, 2016, 02:19 AM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 01:51 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 08, 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 01:31 AM

Somebodys mad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuck him, im pretty sure, he doesn't have half of my deftones collection.

Fuck that guy...seriously!  Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should stay quiet. If you don't like this album or if you downloaded it early it doesn't make you any less of a fan.  I would rather hear some critical reviews than a bunch of dick sucking praise.
We were treated poorly because dont had 527 posts, and we cant obtain a link to the cd rip or FLAC files. I visit the site for so long but I dont have the urge to post every thought...
I dont think you were treated poorly, if you were ignored a link its because you werent trusted. We had too many new people making accounts just to leak it to lord knows where, for all we know you couldve been part of deftones crew and you couldve taken us down, you just didnt have the trust. Its like building credit, you dont have credit so we couldnt lend you the car.. Get it?
Was it like it seemed?...

defTHE1s

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 11:49 PM
WhitePwny (oldschool, no-longer-active mod of the forum) is all over this shit. The enthusiasm behind this is huge, man. Seems to bring all the oldschools and newbies together.
Tell her to come and say hi, we all (old school at least) remember her :)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

77years

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 02:25 AM
Important trivia question, the guy hooked me up because I gave him what album in January?

Damn dude give me more credit than that

sizeofanocean

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 02:30 AM

haha

2MoreHours

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 02:30 AM

Fine, it was really 98 Degrees greatest hits.

pixElsblUr

it's killing me, I need to listen to this in higher quality!

SMLiberator

HEY

Now that Gore is out, we've confirmed that the Chuck Doom snippets indeed are not Deftones. What do you think it is? I remember reading somewhere that new Palms was gonna be heavier, I wonder if that is it?

It's funny how a lot of people have been saying how new Deftones sounds like Palms, what if new Palms sounds like Deftones?? Major plot twist uh??

[edit: why am I posting this on this thread?]
i'm confused??

RaptureWS

Not gonna quote the screenshot of that FB page but what a fucking douche. It is so annoying when people believe they know the definition of a real fan. Just enjoy the fucking music. If you dig it, support the band. Respect differing opinions. Pretty simple IMO.

And yeah these last few weeks have been pretty wild. I am really excited to see how the masses react to Gore. Most importantly though I am dying to know what NYRexall thinks! We've taken you down a path of no return dude. Your expectations are sky-fucking-high and I truly hope the music delivers for you. What time are you going to listen?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Love the new record... Savoring it a different way this time around and Hoping to still b favoring it like I do among other DT records of the past like I am in the future. Nothing I ever expected to hear from nothing I ever expected to hear from them and I love the familiarities I hear to Jane's and other bands I love. More to come soon. Gimme time ;)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

shoop

It's on the tip of my tongue.. so I get like half a point for almost remembering what album

pinata89

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 08, 2016, 02:46 AM
Not gonna quote the screenshot of that FB page but what a fucking douche. It is so annoying when people believe they know the definition of a real fan. Just enjoy the fucking music. If you dig it, support the band. Respect differing opinions. Pretty simple IMO.

And yeah these last few weeks have been pretty wild. I am really excited to see how the masses react to Gore. Most importantly though I am dying to know what NYRexall thinks! We've taken you down a path of no return dude. Your expectations are sky-fucking-high and I truly hope the music delivers for you. What time are you going to listen?
Yeah, can't wait for NYRexall's review. I hope it lives up to the hype. I recommend taking all criticism you've read up until now into consideration. I love this shit as do many others, but can't wait to see if you're thought process agrees with the advocates of this album.

RaptureWS

Quote from: SMLiberator on Apr 08, 2016, 02:41 AM
HEY

Now that Gore is out, we've confirmed that the Chuck Doom snippets indeed are not Deftones. What do you think it is? I remember reading somewhere that new Palms was gonna be heavier, I wonder if that is it?

It's funny how a lot of people have been saying how new Deftones sounds like Palms, what if new Palms sounds like Deftones?? Major plot twist uh??

I am super curious too. If I had to guess though I would say they are Deftones clips but probably something from the four songs that didn't make it. They Deftones feel is undeniable. Then again........that solo. Obviously not Phantom Bride and obviously not Stef. Maybe Jerry secretly contributed to multiple tracks? Highly unlikely. Whatever it really is I hope it sees the light of day.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

gwenudo

NYRexall, you have to promise that as soon as you listen to the album, you MUST give us your first impressions, weve been dying to see if it lived up to your hype 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

2MoreHours

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 08, 2016, 02:50 AM
Quote from: SMLiberator on Apr 08, 2016, 02:41 AM
HEY

I am super curious too. If I had to guess though I would say they are Deftones clips but probably something from the four songs that didn't make it. They Deftones feel is undeniable. Then again........that solo. Obviously not Phantom Bride and obviously not Stef. Maybe Jerry secretly contributed to multiple tracks? Highly unlikely. Whatever it really is I hope it sees the light of day.

Man could you imagine a super group with Steph and Jerry?  My head (and dick) are about to explode just thinking about it.

77years

Original Ruby Records copy of Dream Syndicate Days of Wine and Roses. Was totally worth it

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 02:01 AM
As the hour of April 8th finally approaches, let us look back on these times and smile at some of the highlights of this journey:

- the maddening scramble for a poor low-quality vinyl rip

- Boris the sneaky fuckin' Russian leaking said low quality rip to the world outside SL

- 2 More Hours becoming yet another rallying cry during a Deftones album season

- NYRexall defying the odds and standing as the lone "no leaks for me, thanks" holdout who has yet to hear any of this mesmerizing album you all speak of

- the abundance of SL one-post leak beggars (yet again)

- Mr. Blonde having an online nuclear meltdown, then taking his ball and going home (K bye)

- 77 Years dickteasing NYRexall about how Gore sounds like every noteworthy underground 90s band and then some

- the thirst for 320 being so incredibly real

- Sharing Leaks

- BallzDeep's hilarious Russian imitation

- that guy Blondie trying to argue that Adrenaline is the best Deftones record, like, ever

These have been strange, interesting times, ya'll. I hope we don't have to wait another three and a half years to do it again

Truly a magical time to be on SharingLungs. Seriously though, I love the pre- and post-album release, haha. It gets busy, ripe with excitement and pretty insane at times, and just generally awesome.

So, dude! When are you getting the album? Waiting for it to get delivered, digital download, etc.? Let us know what you think, you've held out for so long, congrats :D any plans on how you're going to absorb the new music?

shoop

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 02:55 AM
Original Ruby Records copy of Dream Syndicate Days of Wine and Roses. Was totally worth it
You had me all like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ev-BtPMM8

77years

Another strange memory, legal threats from a juggalo