People like this make me cry.
Dude i literally just saw that right now lol
Was it like it seemed?...

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 05:37 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 05:36 AM

Why do they do this? I saw one guy criticise the bad (it wasn't even that bad) review saying that he doesn't know anything about music and passion, and he's just some anonymous guy talking about music. Like yeah dude, that's his JOB. These guys are CRAZY, haha.

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 05:39 AM

Why do they do this? I saw one guy criticise the bad (it wasn't even that bad) review saying that he doesn't know anything about music and passion, and he's just some anonymous guy talking about music. Like yeah dude, that's his JOB. These guys are CRAZY, haha.
They want to be heard lol

Cullision

My initial reaction after listening to the whole album was that I hate it. The only song that felt like deftones was hearts/wires, then I tried acid hologram again and realized it's actually awesome. Maybe that will happen with the rest of the album. The lack of "steph style" riffs is very noticeable.

2MoreHours

There are people like that for all bands.  I mean, there are Metallica fans out there that will curse your ass up and down for saying that St. Anger wasn't a good album.  You can like all their other stuff but you aren't a "true" fan if you don't worship every word that comes out of James Hetfield's mouth.  It's the same thing with this album.  I'm back and forth on it and have said some bad things about it but it doesn't make me any less of a fan.  I mean, would you automatically like a Deftones album if they went all-out boy band just because it was Deftones?

shoop

Gore just hit HDtracks finally http://www.hdtracks.com/catalog/product/view/id/293513/s/gore/

No word yet if it's a different master or the same as Qobuz.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Cullision on Apr 08, 2016, 05:46 AM
My initial reaction after listening to the whole album was that I hate it. The only song that felt like deftones was hearts/wires, then I tried acid hologram again and realized it's actually awesome. Maybe that will happen with the rest of the album. The lack of "steph style" riffs is very noticeable.

Hopefully he'll be more excited and willing to initiate ideas next time, and he'll have more of a presence in the way people would prefer. He spent too much time not really coming up with stuff, it seems, until a lot of stuff was already formed, so I guess he had to kind of take those ideas and put his stamp on them, except for the few things he did come up with. But hey, I doubt it'll be like that forever.

chuckles

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 05:49 AM

There are people like that for all bands.  I mean, there are Metallica fans out there that will curse your ass up and down for saying that St. Anger wasn't a good album.  You can like all their other stuff but you aren't a "true" fan if you don't worship every word that comes out of James Hetfield's mouth.  It's the same thing with this album.  I'm back and forth on it and have said some bad things about it but it doesn't make me any less of a fan.  I mean, would you automatically like a Deftones album if they went all-out boy band just because it was Deftones?

As long as they don't do a song with beiber or the connection boy band... I'm cool lol!
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

vool421

Listening to Gore on Spotify now and i like it even more.

Anyone here going to Amoeba tomorrow? i wanted to so bad but my car has some issues and it won't be fix until friday night.

Vesanic

Just checked Spotify. The songs are the same on there. Maybe it's an iTunes exclusive? They seem to have quite some business going on with Apple.

phil for real

Saturday Night Wrist does sound much better and clearer.  Always thought it sounded muddy and muffled.  Way better this way.

phil for real

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 08, 2016, 06:08 AM
Just checked Spotify. The songs are the same on there. Maybe it's an iTunes exclusive? They seem to have quite some business going on with Apple.

It's def on Spotify.  Listening now.  Just go to Deftones and it has complete studio remasters and all the albums under it.

Vesanic

Dude I promise you I'm on the collection on Spotify and there's literally no difference.

phil for real

Idk bro.  I can def tell a difference.  Frank is def higher in the mix and Chinos vocals sound much clearer.

Vesanic

I just heard that snippet of Pink Maggit with the guy talking. I swear it's definitely not on my Spotify. What the fuck? Maybe cause I'm European?

phil for real

Possibly man.  I'm beginning to appreciate Wrist much more now. 

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 08, 2016, 06:17 AM
Phil did you hear the snippet from pink magget on spotify?

ANattyRat

Quote from: vool421 on Apr 08, 2016, 06:00 AM
Listening to Gore on Spotify now and i like it even more.

Anyone here going to Amoeba tomorrow? i wanted to so bad but my car has some issues and it won't be fix until friday night.

The 11th, dude. If anyone here is going, PLEASE RECORD THE WHOLE THING. It's a special set, so probably all of Gore, but possibly some rarities? Rarities as in songs they hardly play, I don't mean the album.

phil for real

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 06:17 AM

Where does it start?  I'll check now.

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 08, 2016, 06:19 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 06:17 AM

Where does it start?  I'll check now.
5:51