Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

ANattyRat, pm.

laurapalmer

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 07:24 AM
Guys i know its Gore day, but honestly, im treating this more like Deftones day... Holy fuck this remastered collection is really really getting to me. Best day to be a deftones fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, this is fucking fantastic

HooiserBowhunter

This album is so diverse, but definitely has a certain type of feel and sound to it. They absolutely nailed every part on hearts/wires.

kurtone

All this iTunes talk is tempting me...

gwenudo

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 08, 2016, 07:35 AM
All this iTunes talk is tempting me...
Check the previews before you buy!
Was it like it seemed?...

Divided_Spirit

Just wanted to confirm I'm in the US and definitely hear the "Doctor" sample at 5:51 on Pink Maggit, on the iTunes version I mean.

gwenudo

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 08, 2016, 07:44 AM
Just wanted to confirm I'm in the US and definitely hear the "Doctor" sample at 5:51 on Pink Maggit, on the iTunes version I mean.
Creepy as hell right!? Now listen to passenger at 5:18.....

NYRexall

I'm reading on ETS that the production on Gore is absolutely horrid. Is this true or are people just making a big deal about nothing like every album they release?

gwenudo

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 07:47 AM
I'm reading on ETS that the production on Gore is absolutely horrid. Is this true or are people just making a big deal about nothing like every album they release?
Theyre making a big deal out of nothin, theyre just sad people i guess

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 07:47 AM

Depends on what you look for, I guess. My friend says it sounds too noisy for him to listen to repeatedly because it has more of a raw sound; he prefer Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan. Whereas most people here are happier with the sound more than the last two because it sounds more like their older albums. So...personal preference I guess?

Penicks

judging from those itunes samples i'm not hearing much difference with the cd tracks, granted i use a pair of mediocre bose headphones but yeah, don't really hear it

NYRexall

I've never ever once had any problems with the production on a Deftones album. Not ever. I've seen people trash the DE production to no end, the SNW production, the KNY production. Never had a problem with any of those albums sound-wise, personally.

Not to sound like an elitist prick, but I can't imagine having an entire album listening experience ruined because you're fussing over every detail. People can say I can't hear or don't know shit about mixing/mastering, but in the end I'm still listening to Deftones albums with zero problems in regards to the sound.

shoop

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 08:05 AM
I've never ever once had any problems with the production on a Deftones album. Not ever. I've seen people trash the DE production to no end, the SNW production, the KNY production. Never had a problem with any of those albums sound-wise, personally.

Not to sound like an elitist prick, but I can't imagine having an entire album listening experience ruined because you're fussing over every detail. People can say I can't hear or don't know shit about mixing/mastering, but in the end I'm still listening to Deftones albums with zero problems in regards to the sound.

Me neither, but some people are really big on that stuff, and have a really good ear for it. When people talk about how certain things sound in the mix, I'm just clueless, haha. Anyway, if none of their past albums' sound has bothered you, Gore absolutely won't either.

gwenudo

NYRexall

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:06 AM
Me neither, but some people are really big on that stuff, and have a really good ear for it. When people talk about how certain things sound in the mix, I'm just clueless, haha. Anyway, if none of their past albums' sound has bothered you, Gore absolutely won't either.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess? That must really suck for the ones who can't enjoy these albums because they're spending their entire time getting bent over the sound: "I can't stand the way Abe's hi-hat is so low in the mix! Album is ruined!"

NYRexall

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:07 AM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 08:06 AM
Your inner voice is all like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fb9M1e-cNc
LOL IM DYING

Dude, please tell me you've seen Don't Be a Menace at least once in your life..

ANattyRat

LOL IM DYING

Gwenudo, help me. I've just seen your signature or whatever, the "Was it like you dreamed?" and I can't remember what song it's from. I can hear the line perfectly but I can't remember the song or the rest of it, all I can hear is the damn chorus to Xenon, haha.

gwenudo

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 08:10 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:06 AM

Ignorance is bliss, I guess? That must really suck for the ones who can't enjoy these albums because they're spending their entire time getting bent over the sound: "I can't stand the way Abe's hi-hat is so low in the mix! Album is ruined!"
Honestly no deftones album has ever been produced horribly for me, but i can definitely tell when a song is alot more clearer than the other, but either version gets my fix, but ill always choose the HQ if i can, but i wont go as far as to say that an album is ruined cause small details lol now if a song came out and i can only hear chino and hardly anything from anybody else, i might be mad, but never happens lol

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:11 AM
LOL IM DYING

Gwenudo, help me. I've just seen your signature or whatever, the "Was it like you dreamed?" and I can't remember what song it's from. I can hear the line perfectly but I can't remember the song or the rest of it, all I can hear is the damn chorus to Xenon, haha.
My favorite SNW song, Ratsx3 :)