Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:13 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 08:11 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 08:07 AM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 08:06 AM
Your inner voice is all like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fb9M1e-cNc
LOL IM DYING

Gwenudo, help me. I've just seen your signature or whatever, the "Was it like you dreamed?" and I can't remember what song it's from. I can hear the line perfectly but I can't remember the song or the rest of it, all I can hear is the damn chorus to Xenon, haha.
My favorite SNW song, Ratsx3 :)

Thanks, it was driving me crazy. When you've got new music obsessively in your head, all the other, older music gets blurred for a while, haha.

LG95

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 08:05 AM
I've never ever once had any problems with the production on a Deftones album. Not ever. I've seen people trash the DE production to no end, the SNW production, the KNY production. Never had a problem with any of those albums sound-wise, personally.

Not to sound like an elitist prick, but I can't imagine having an entire album listening experience ruined because you're fussing over every detail. People can say I can't hear or don't know shit about mixing/mastering, but in the end I'm still listening to Deftones albums with zero problems in regards to the sound.
If you've never had any problems with Deftones production before then you've got nothing to worry about.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

HDTracks has Gore..

anyone know if there's a difference?

gwenudo

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 08, 2016, 08:47 AM
HDTracks has Gore..

anyone know if there's a difference?
HD also has the collection, trying to get it
Was it like it seemed?...

NYRexall

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 08, 2016, 08:15 AM
If you've never had any problems with Deftones production before then you've got nothing to worry about.

My fear has abated, thank you  ;D

LG95

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 08:49 AM

When are you going to be listening to Gore?
I could float here forever

NYRexall

Listening to the remastered album collection on shuffle and literally as soon as I read this, Rats kicked in. Good stuff.

When it comes to SNW, I love the whole thing but Xerces just does it for me more than any other song on that record. It's like perfect Deftones space pop. Riviere is not very far behind.

Penicks

another review in a belgian newspaper:

"The crotch is no longer dropping

Near the end of the nineties I walked around in baggy pants which made me trip over my own crotch. I didn't do this to accentuate - or to compensate. It was called 'fashion' back then, well, it was called like that in the circles I hung around with. Scoring women was impossible - at least not the kind you'd want to remember - but it did look great when combined with a Deftones shirt. The only remnants of that trend is embarrassment, but luckily Deftones went on to create more music.
People saying things about a band like: "I knew them before they broke through commercially", whilst waving around an obscure demo, they’re so despicable!  And yet: I’ve adored Deftones since their debut album Adrenaline (1995). Having been influenced by bands such as Faith No More and Tool, the Sacramento quintet was quickly regarded as one of the pioneers of nu metal, a label they quickly tried to shake off by opting to experiment. They never dropped the ball, although some albums – like the self-titled effort of 2003 – were not as lauded with appreciation, not only by fans but by the band, too. Perky Koi No Yokan (2012) raised the bar ruthlessly high, and Gore does not go under. Negative outings by guitarist Stephen Carpenter did not come across as perfect promo material, however. He did not want to “start working on the album”, he shared in an interview. The direction – less heavy – was not one he wanted to go in.
Less heavy is relative, by the way. Doomed User offers a thunderously bludgeoning riff, the title track explodes after a minute and a half into a musical brawl. Time and time again, the leading role is offered by front man Chino Moreno. He focuses on his clean vocals, but schizophrenically explores his range throughout the rest of the songs. He breezes, grunts, snorts. Phantom Bride is bold, a bastard child that was audibly conveyed during a drunk date with Pink Floyd. Even Alice in Chains’ Jerry Cantrell is included on the track.
After over thirty years, Deftones create a beautiful synopsis of their own back catalogue and use this layer to further explore the limits of rock. The intense feeling of constant menace keeps together the variation on the album. Teenage aggression wrapped in maturity, the perfect soundtrack for a 31 year old wearing a Deftones shirt AND jeans. That’s what my wife thinks. The baggy pants in the dark corners of my wardrobe? She threw those away.

4 out of 5 stars"

NYRexall

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 08, 2016, 08:50 AM

In the morning when I pick up the white vinyl. Will come home and listen to it on a pair of Grados to hear all these layers and nuances you dudes have freaked out about all week, lol

The best part about all this is that I have an...idea of what I'm supposed to be looking for, based on what everyone has been talking about, but no clue what I'm in for, sound-wise.

All's I know is that Rubicon, Phantom Bride, Hearts Wires, Headdress, LMIRL and the others had better live up to the hype you fuckers have built for them  ;D

rageman02uk

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 08:55 AM
Quote from: LG95 on Apr 08, 2016, 08:50 AM

All's I know is that Rubicon, Phantom Bride, Hearts Wires, Headdress, LMIRL and the others had better live up to the hype you fuckers have built for them  ;D

Oh they will ;) Happy "Gore" Day people!!

GR1X7S

Let this day sink in and enjoy it. The 8th Deftones album is officially here. We've waited years, through the delays, snippets, arguments, leaks and hype we've finally made it.
Feels pretty damn good..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

77years

*wakes up

*sees 10 new pages about "a complete remastered discography with extra musical features never before heard"

*sees posts about SNW being more "dreamy"

*vomits

punkflop01

I finally listened to the entire album for the 1st time (apart from Prayers/ Triangles). I have no idea what to make of it yet. Funnily enough my favourite songs right off the bat were Doomed User and Geometric Headdress!  It was great reading all your early reactions to the leak, because I had totally different expectations going into this album.

This reminds me of SNW in the way that I never got that album on the first few listens and then as I kept at it again and again, it slowly became one of my favourite albums. I have a feeling it's going to be the same with Gore. Diamond Eyes and KNY I actually liked a lot on the first couple of listens and they don't mean as much to me as the albums before that which all took many many listens, even though I love those 2 albums. Basically, I can't wait to unravel this album over the next few days/weeks/months!

GR1X7S

I'm getting the same vibes. Gore reminds me of SNW because it has that same dark eerie atmosphere. There's something almost dangerous about some of Gore's tracks. It's unnerving and soothing at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Inkblades

Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 08, 2016, 10:21 AM
I finally listened to the entire album for the 1st time (apart from Prayers/ Triangles). I have no idea what to make of it yet. Funnily enough my favourite songs right off the bat were Doomed User and Geometric Headdress!  It was great reading all your early reactions to the leak, because I had totally different expectations going into this album.

This reminds me of SNW in the way that I never got that album on the first few listens and then as I kept at it again and again, it slowly became one of my favourite albums. I have a feeling it's going to be the same with Gore. Diamond Eyes and KNY I actually liked a lot on the first couple of listens and they don't mean as much to me as the albums before that which all took many many listens, even though I love those 2 albums. Basically, I can't wait to unravel this album over the next few days/weeks/months!

Yeah, Gore is definitely an album that reaps new benefits with each listen. The songs seem to become more addictive the more you listen to them.

Oh, and Acid, Geometric and (L)MIRL are are just completely owning my soul right now.

Antonch

(L)mirl best. So weird, so beautiful.

phil for real

gwenudo, check those pms

77years

THE CROTCH IS NO LONGER DROPPING

How absofuckinlutely true

punkflop01

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 08:51 AM

Listening to the remastered album collection on shuffle and literally as soon as I read this, Rats kicked in. Good stuff.

When it comes to SNW, I love the whole thing but Xerces just does it for me more than any other song on that record. It's like perfect Deftones space pop. Riviere is not very far behind.

Funnily enough was going through SNW the other day (which is one of my favourite albums actually), and I realized how much I love Xerces. I feel like it would go so well in a sci-fi movie if used properly :P   I have to say that the vocals on that album blow me away. 

TheyCallMeP

I bought the record yesterday.. I'm blown away. The record quality is infinitely better than the rip! Even Doomed User sounds like it belongs. Honestly, off first reaction, this is on par with White Pony as their best work for me. Every song on here sounds incredible. Everyone sounds so on point!