CarloDefDonno

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 10, 2016, 07:43 PM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 10, 2016, 07:41 PM
Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 10, 2016, 07:36 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 10, 2016, 07:29 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Apr 10, 2016, 06:42 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 10, 2016, 05:11 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Apr 10, 2016, 04:50 PM
Phantom Bride is so perfect. What a beautiful song. I hope they make an edit and release it as a single.. And hope they play it live. Skip the solo live I don't care... PB and Rubicon need to be played live 😳

Yep. Maybe Stef will surprise us all one day and play it just as proof that he can play a solo, haha. And then never again. But also (L)MIRL, they need to play that. Hell, there are so many songs on this album that deserve to be played live.

I hope so man. That would be awesome. Maybe they'll do an edit for it or something. Or maybe they will make their own part for the solo ... I'd be fine with both. I can see the crowd really loving that song and singing along.

That seems like the easiest and most likely way we'll hear the song live.  Just edit the solo to make it doable for Steph, it shouldn't be too hard.
I don't think he can't play it. I think he just doesn't want to. It's not a difficult solo at all.

not a musician but its obvious jerry's solo is in a completely different tune than steph's guitar. may be physically impossible to play the solo and have it sound accurate w/ the song
Not only that but at the end where it gets heavy, itll be difficult for steph to play solo and the chuggs lol chino could probably do the chuggs, but it wont be as heavy, or he could just do the solo but lets get real here guys lol
Yeah, you got my point. What's more he didn't write the solo. And from a musician's pov that's quite important.

Inkblades

(L)MIRL is knocking Phantom Bride off of my Gore top 5 list. PB is good, but (L)MIRL is just flat-out amazing.

Acid Hologram
Geometric Headdress
Hearts/Wires
(L)MIRL
Rubicon

Top 5 dead or alive, and that's just off one LP.

Inkblades

Deftones had some PB. But it wasn't enough, so they added some Jell...some Jerry.

I'll see myself out.

chuckles

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 10, 2016, 08:27 PM
Deftones had some PB. But it wasn't enough, so they added some Jell...some Jerry.

I'll see myself out.

God... I'll be right behind you...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

shoop

On that Steph solo topic, throwback to this beauty! Near the 4:50 mark and again at the 7min mark http://youtu.be/lF5Pq1QA69M?t=402

Freedomsoldier17

that sounded like a dying animal lol. and what happened to chino? i've always kinda thought he threw up in the crowd

kleptoned

Hes a bad fucking dude regardless of how much he stands out on this record...(Steph)

ANattyRat

I know it's not live, but there's a solo on the Simple Man cover too, no? Anyway, Chino said that he (Chino) can't solo, and that Stef doesn't solo, hence them getting Jerry to do a solo. So it's not that Stef can't, it's just not his style. But that wouldn't stop it from playing it live if it were possible, in terms of switching to another guitar so quickly or...whatever. But they could definitely leave out the solo without it taking away from the rest of the song, in my opinion.

I love how kind of shy he is about it though. Dude doesn't like being in the limelight, he wants to just do his thing with everyone else, which I wonder is part of the reason why he doesn't do solos anyway.

pinata89

I know it's the unpopular opinion, but I don't really care for PB. If they played it live, I would probably use that 5 minutes to piss. Maybe only to rush back to my seat because it sounds 10x better from the concourse than on the album. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANattyRat

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 10, 2016, 10:38 PM
I know it's the unpopular opinion, but I don't really care for PB. If they played it live, I would probably use that 5 minutes to piss. Maybe only to rush back to my seat because it sounds 10x better from the concourse than on the album. Lol

What are your favourite songs from the album?

dearthx1

I really only have one complaint about the album and that is with Chino's screams. It's not that the screams are bad or anything, but I don't understand why every single one of them have a reverby megaphone like effect on them. He's actually done this for a while, but I don't get why they can't have more natural screams and then use the effect for certain parts.

Reichward

It's not as much of an unpopular opinion as you think. It's a very particular song, and it clearly isn't to everyone's taste. Either way, it's something that they will do probably only once in their career. I like it though, and if by any chance they played it live, I would be interested.

pinata89

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 10, 2016, 10:41 PM

What are your favourite songs from the album?
Probably DU, Gore, LMIRL, Rubicon, AH...H/W is pretty swell too

SMLiberator

not a musician but its obvious jerry's solo is in a completely different tune than steph's guitar. may be physically impossible to play the solo and have it sound accurate w/ the song

Steph uses a 8 string guitar in standard tuning. I'm assuming Jerry used a 6 strings guitar in a standard tuning too, so there wouldn't be any problems with that. Even if the tuning was different on Jerry's guitar I still think it should be fairly easy to just play it a few frets higher/lower, it is a simple solo after all.

Maybe Chino could do the soloing on the outro? I don't think he's playing anything on that part in the album anyways...
i'm confused??

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: dearthx1 on Apr 10, 2016, 10:42 PM
I don't understand why every single one of them have a reverby megaphone like effect on them. He's actually done this for a while, but I don't get why they can't have more natural screams and then use the effect for certain parts.

100% agree. Too much of weird "effects" on many of his screams.

ANattyRat

Quote from: SMLiberator on Apr 10, 2016, 10:51 PM

Steph uses a 8 string guitar in standard tuning. I'm assuming Jerry used a 6 strings guitar in a standard tuning too, so there wouldn't be any problems with that. Even if the tuning was different on Jerry's guitar I still think it should be fairly easy to just play it a few frets higher/lower, it is a simple solo after all.

Maybe Chino could do the soloing on the outro? I don't think he's playing anything on that part in the album anyways...

Nah, he said in an interview they reached out to Jerry for the solo because they felt like it'd be a good place for one, and Stef doesn't do solos, and Chino can't do them. So he must not be good enough at it.

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 10, 2016, 10:36 PM
I know it's not live, but there's a solo on the Simple Man cover too, no? Anyway, Chino said that he (Chino) can't solo, and that Stef doesn't solo, hence them getting Jerry to do a solo. So it's not that Stef can't, it's just not his style. But that wouldn't stop it from playing it live if it were possible, in terms of switching to another guitar so quickly or...whatever. But they could definitely leave out the solo without it taking away from the rest of the song, in my opinion.

I love how kind of shy he is about it though. Dude doesn't like being in the limelight, he wants to just do his thing with everyone else, which I wonder is part of the reason why he doesn't do solos anyway.
I love it too. It makes him a very unique guitarist.

Reichward

Arbitrary top 11:

1. Acid Hologram
2. Hearts/Wires
3. Gore
4. (L)MIRL
5. Phantom Bride
6. Geometric Headdress
7. Prayers/Triangles
8. Doomed User
9. Rubicon
10. Pittura Infamante
11. Xenon

No particular problem with the bottom tracks. They just stand out less than the rest for me. This album is one of the very few on which I like every song (for now at least).

pinata89

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Apr 10, 2016, 10:54 PM
I don't understand why every single one of them have a reverby megaphone like effect on them. He's actually done this for a while, but I don't get why they can't have more natural screams and then use the effect for certain parts.

Because he can't really scream anymore. They have to add effects for it to sound intense. I honestly would hate to hear the naked vocal tracks on the screaming parts

ANattyRat

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 10, 2016, 11:02 PM
Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Apr 10, 2016, 10:54 PM

Because he can't really scream anymore. They have to add effects for it to sound intense. I honestly would hate to hear the naked vocal tracks on the screaming parts

I don't believe this. Firstly because he can still scream live somewhat consistently. For sure, not with the same intensity and not as raw and visceral, but they played WGTB and you can't tell me that didn't sound awesome. And that was live. I don't believe he can't go into a studio and scream a few lines. This album doesn't really have a Hexagram, WGTB, etc. No screaming all the way through, really, so there's no reason why he wouldn't be able to. Hell, look at the screams on Gore.