Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

horace and pete

Started by blixa, Mar 18, 2016, 07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

is anyone watching this? i want someone to talk to about it.

Crazylegs

I've seen the first two episodes. Liking it so far. He sure likes to do stuff in an unconventional way.

blixa

it gets so much better. every week something happens and i'm like WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED.

Crazylegs

Yeah? I'll probably get back into it tonight then. I've been busy watching Better call Saul, but now i've caught up with the newest episodes there.

How nuts is the cast in this show?

blixa

cast is fantastic. most of them are the comedians that have done the circuit with louis. there are some theatre actors as well. story lines keep getting better and the characters are weird in this fucking beautiful way. you learn more background info with each episode. episode 7 was fantastic. rick shapiro was in it for like 10 minutes and he was absolutely astonishing. teared me right up.

Penicks

saw the first episode a while ago, the buzzing noise of the lights irritated me and i disliked the cheesy sentimental stuff

blixa

i didn't hear a buzzing sound. it definitely gets better with each episode. i don't think it's cheesy at all. there is some sentimentality but i don't mind. it works with everything else that happens in the show.

chick de la lynch

Ack, I'm two episodes behind but this show hits me in all the right places. It's so simple yet very thought provoking. It also has its funny bits, but a lot darker than Louie.

blixa

rick shapiro has a small part in episode 7 i believe. he was so good in it. i don't want this show to end. i don't know what i'll do with myself.

blixa

just finished watching the show. that was the last episode. fucking heavy.

Cullision

I've seen 8 episodes, is 9 the final one? I'm a Louis ck fanboy admittedly, and this show is really great. I wonder what made him want to go back to a sitcom format though? It seems like he has so much freedom with Louie.

blixa

there's ten episodes all up. he said he wanted something like cheers from 2pm-5pm where everyone was just depressed. it's so different to anything he's ever done but there is that string running through it that is very louis ck. i remember watching episode ten and it said 'intermission' halfway through but i didn't think it was the finale. i was pretty much screaming and crying towards the end. it's quite a finale. i don't know whether he will do another season of louie sadly.

if you like alan alda he recently did an interview with abc where he talks about science, his childhood and how horace and pete is the best thing he's been in. here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2016/03/15/4425193.htm

it's a lovely interview and i learned so much about him through it. i had no idea he had such an extraordinary life.

chick de la lynch

I'm finally catching up on this and holy shit just when I didn't think it could get any darker, it does. When Pete is talking to the ghost of his father in the bar and he just says "Let me have this" just choked me up. Perfect performance by Steve Buscemi in that episode. Not looking forward to the last episode. :(

EDIT: Just saw the last episode and I'm still picking my heart up from the floor that Louis C.K. managed to shatter into a million pieces.

blixa

omg i know. i cried out "NO" so loud when my mate and i watched the last episode. we were fucking wrecked. spaced out for ages after thinking that can't be it.