Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite albums of 2016

Started by theis, Nov 18, 2016, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seven

For anyone with good taste... Ive heard their albums and they weren't anything above mediocre.  "Omg el-p beats", no. Its overrated. Every track sounds the fucking same with different lyrics. And even the lyrics . "Run backwards through a field of dicks", what are they, fags? Subject matter ain't as impressive as people make it out to be.

bright lights, big city

Lighten up Francis. Let us have some have some fun enjoying some catchy hip hop. Their flow is great and his beats are the tits. That's what I need right now and I love it.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Seven

Fair enough jones , but if someone claims, they're the best. It's not true and fair.

Inkblades

It's not fair that I think they are the best current hip-hop duo? Not fair to who? You? Other rappers? Dafuq? It's just one guy's opinion. I'm not sure why that makes you so angry. Who even cares?

And the line is "you can all run backwards through a field of dicks". Rofl. Basically just a creative way to say "fuck off".

Seven

Next time, say In MY opinion...No, they are just fags...

Inkblades

This is a thread about people choosing their favorite albums of 2016. I thought that it was pretty obvious that this is all based on opinions.

Seven

Yeah, about people choosing their favorite albums of 2016. Not saying their albums and choices are the best!

Inkblades

Not once did I ever say my choice was the best. I said Run the Jewels are the best...because I like them and their music. Fuck's sake, man, it's not that serious.

Seven

Ok, next time say in my opinion they are the best... Just that...

Inkblades

Seven

Crazylegs

What's up with this fool?

Seven

Aint a fool! When u have a personal conviction, you will often interpret things through the filter of your values, feelings, tastes, and past experiences. Hence, most statements you make in speaking and writing are assertions of fact, opinion, belief... You can clarify what are you saying, posting, this is my opinion...or fact...

Crazylegs

Whatever you say, judge buzzkill. This is the most pointless discussion I've seen on here in a while. Your avatar picture makes sense.

Seven

If you say... In short, facts are not opinions, and opinions are not facts. Mixing up the two can only lead to confusion.

Crazylegs

Numb nuts: No one is confused but you.

Thank fuck you're here to teach us the difference between fact and opinon.

Seven

Im not confused! My pleasure...

Starz

Fuck. This is hardddd. It's been a good year...music wise.

In no order:

1. Annisokay - Devil May Care
2. Black Peaks - Statues
3. The Black Queen - Fever Daydream
4. Blood Orange - Freetown Sound
5. Crown the Empire - Retrograde
6. Enemies - Valuables
7. Exploded View - S/T
8. From Indian Lakes - Everything Feels Better Now
9. Giraffe Tongue Orchestra - Broken Lines
10. Glass Animals - How to be a Human
11. Hammock - Everything and Nothing
12. Hellions - Opera Oblivia
13. Immanu El - Hibernation
14. The Invisible - Patience
15. Jagwar Ma - Every Now and Then
16. Japanese Breakfast - Psychopomp
17. The Jezabels - Synthia
18. Let's Eat Grandma - I, Gemini
19. NZCA Lines - Infinite Summer
20. O'Brother - Endless Light
21. Preoccupations - S/T
22. The Radio Dept. - Running Out of Love
23. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
24. Suffocate For Fuck Sake - In My Blood
25. Thrice - To Be Everywhere...
26. Too Close to Touch - Haven't Been Myself
27. Trophy Eyes - Chemical Miracle
28. Yndi Halda - Under Summer
29. Dillinger Escape Plan - Dissociation
30. Deftones - Gore

people are people

Dear 2016: It's over! Salute all the classic artists who released new albums this year, including the ones I didn't have time to play: Sadat X, General Steele & Es-K, Big Tray Deee, Geechi Suede, E-40, KXNG Crooked, Smoke DZA & Pete Rock, Wise Intelligent, Dinco D, La Coka Nostra, D Flow & Ray West, Vinnie Paz, Diirty OGz, DJ True Justice, Flatlinerz, Edo G & Shabaam Sahdeeq, De La Soul, Prophets Of Rage, Sick Jacken, The Great Peso, Kam, Juice Aleem, Atmosphere, Snoop Dogg, K-Def & El Da Sensei, Ill Bill, Craig G, Havoc & Alchemist, AG & Party Arty, Onyx, People Under The Stairs, Kokane, The Lox, Mr. Lif and many others...

defTHE1s

This is the rank for the albums I've listened that were released last year (2016).

1. Cult of Luna - Mariner
2. Korn - Serenity of Suffering
3. Dillinger Escape Plan - Dissociation
4. Norma Jean - Polar Similar
5. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
6. Gojira - Magma
7. Warpaint - Heads Up
8. Metallica - Hardwired... To Self-Destruct
9. Chevelle - The North Corridor
10. Deftones - Gore

Every album has something special but Mariner for me is Album of the Year, without any doubt.
Korn album was pretty good indeed, I didn't have high expectatives from this one but it clearly surpassed them.
Dissociation is just epic. They're at their best, but I still think One of Us is the Killer or Option Paralysis are slightly better.
Gojira is good but this and Gore are like the dissappointment of the year even they have some good songs but I find the albums very inconsistent; and the rest of the list, most of them are good but not better than previous works.

There are a few albums that I haven't had the chance to listen to like the new Thrice for example, but I'll only put those that coincidentally were 10 albums.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...