- They're trying to make this one count
- They're using an old approach
- There is a tentative release month

Bet you didn't know that.

Sure, there's new info on the story but nothing can be verified yet

Yeah so obvious

God

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 14, 2019, 09:23 PM
I asked him directly if Terry was producing it and he stopped answering. Didn't answer to the comments asking the same thing. So maybe?

hahaha

https://www.reddit.com/r/deftones/comments/c4sctn/is_there_any_official_statement_on_what_the_song/

"Vesanic

Pretty sure it is about suicide bombers. While Chino's lyrics often stay far from such topics, the self-titled was their first release after 9/11, which inspired most artists in the whole world. I don't see Chino being an exception. They started writing in 2002 if I'm correct, while 9/11 was in 2001.

"Paint the streets in white" = The dust and smoke from a collapsed building recovering the nearby streets.

"Death is the standard breach for a complex prize" = Islamist terrorists are promised to be forgiven for their suicide if it was done to fight the infidels, and will get their supposed heavenly reward.

"I think it's sweet of you, and your parents are proud" = Chino mocks the terrorists and their blind mistaken following of the family tradition.

"But I would expect it from anyone now to protect life's indigenous sound" = Chino admitting the terrorists see the western culture as a threat to the natural law and they are trying to preserve it.

"Worship, play" = Follow and pray to your god, join the religious game.

"How the streets they swell..." = The crowds nearby the attack growing in size and packing up the streets...

"...while the animals make their way through te crowd" = ...and more suicide bombers infiltrate the civilians.

"If you keep listening, you can hear it for miles" = The sound of death and destruction is loud and unmistakable, you can hear it everywhere in the world.

"God I'd trust everyone quicker with every faint smile" = Chino confesses to being naive and can't make the difference between a normal person and a terrorist in disguise.

"And the crowd goes wild" = Reference to crowds at live shows to make the listener think of the panicked people in the streets running and screaming after an attack.

"And the camera makes you seasick" = Footage of TV news investigating terrorist attacks on site is often shaky and makes the audience dizzy.

"God it's so sweet of you, I know you're proud" = Chino here plays the role of a terrorist trying to reassure themselves about what they're doing, by reminding themselves that their god would want this and is on their side.

"And the car bomb quick clicks, clicks, faint smile" = Not sure about the order of thought here. I guess Chino makes a statement about the sneaky side of the bomb placement.

"It's the same sound" = Not sure about this. Chino making a connection between the heaviness of the song and the loudness of the attack?

"And the crowd goes wild, and the camera makes you seasick" = See above.

"God it's so sweet of you, you know I'm proud" = Again, Chino plays the role of the terrorrist who says to their god they feel no remorse, and they are glad to preach this way.

"And the car bomb quick clicks, clicks with the same sound. It's the same sound, with the same sound." = The car bomb exploding is sonically similar to Deftones playing heavy and Chino screaming almost in agony.

"Hexagram, hexagram, hexagram, hexagram" = Probably a reference to the seal of Solomon, a symbolic hexagram that gave Solomon the power to control good and evil and the ability to converse with animals. "

Tell me you believe in this too! lol

Vesanic

When do you all think we'll get a single or a teaser? I don't think we'll get anything before new Tool drops.

LG95

Probably just before/around Dia De Los Deftones, presuming that's an annual thing. If that information about them recording in May/June is correct and Chino does still need to do his vocals then it can't be much earlier. Presumably the single release will go with the album campaign announcement so it'll all have to be ready. And they are usually slow as shit getting it all ready.

My guess: October single release, January/February album release.

And if Chino is quoted with an estimated release date, add five months to it.
I could float here forever

Papa Prune

When it comes to a usual band:
Single: late August, early September.
Record: mid November.

When it comes to Deftones:
Single: March 2023.
Record: December 2025.

Inkblades

I'm hoping we get a single in late August, but it will probably be around October.

B0RNtoR0CK

New album to come out MONDAY

sharinglungs

Dia De Los Deftones 2

LG95

Wonder if we'll finally get the Tool tour with them. They're one of the only bands Tool are following on Twitter and given Tool must be touring towards the end of the year, there's a big empty space for Deftones to play with them.

Papa Prune

I follow Chino's wife Instagram account. No stalker here, Chino and family has its life and I have mine. But her account is interesting cuz she sometimes leaks informations. Weeks ago she posted a picture of Chino and her tasting Belching Beaver beer for Dia de los Deftones 2. And yesterday she announced they were moving closer to Portland for a couple months. Could it be because Chino is recording his voice there. If it's the case, then We ´re far away from the new record... makes my Defrones heart bleeding. But I hope it's not for other reasons like health or family members, which would suck for their personal lives.

Inkblades

Chuck Doom's IG posts are often from Portland, maybe that means Chino will be working with him in some capacity.

Vesanic

I heard about a couple weeks ago that Chino was going back to LA to do vocals. Maybe Seattle means tracking/mastering.

sharinglungs

Are there any prominent mastering engineers in Seattle?

I'd say moving closer to Portland is just putting finishing touches. Since Chino already lives in Bend, i'm sure it's not a stretch for him to be in Portland.

Big Boss

Does it bother anyone else that these guys never post updates? Ever? The only thing we get is a random update from an interview or something. It's been so long since they've directly said anything. Maybe they like waiting until things are at a fever pitch? For me they are. So much so that I created a profile after lurking forever just so I could bitch! But in all seriousness. Would it kill them? No other band I like leaves their fans hanging like this in this day and age. It's brutal.

LG95

Quote from: Big Boss on Sep 17, 2019, 06:19 AM
Does it bother anyone else that these guys never post updates? Ever? The only thing we get is a random update from an interview or something. It's been so long since they've directly said anything. Maybe they like waiting until things are at a fever pitch? For me they are. So much so that I created a profile after lurking forever just so I could bitch! But in all seriousness. Would it kill them? No other band I like leaves their fans hanging like this in this day and age. It's brutal.
I sort of like the old fashioned distance between band and fans that they and some bands of similar generations have. It retains an element of mystique.

But yeah it is pretty brutal. And given it's getting close to the end of the year and they promised new music, it would be nice for them to say something soon. I still think single this year, album early next year. I'd love them to drop it sooner though. A sudden album drop or a quick four week album campaign would be ace. I'm really bored of bands doing three or four months between first single and album release.