Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yossarian

If they announce release date via url Im assuming they saw our conversation about title in page adress and now are deliberately fucking with us  :D
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Vesanic

I can't see the picture myself. Let's keep it calm until something actually shows up or gets sent by email (I assume that's what's gonna happen).

Thanks again to everyone who's respected the privacy of the band by sharing stuff that's not supposed to be out!

LG95

The picture emerges from the black on the website.
I could float here forever

ChubbyChino

I'm a Drupal dev  (their site is Drupal), and their site seems to be in maintenance mode. Even the login form is redirecting to that. That means  they've put the site "offline" while they make some tweaks.

Vesanic

Apparently it won't show for me because I was already signed up. I tried a new address and it worked.

My bad Gaz, feel free to repost.

RadioFriendlyUnitShifter

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 03:45 PM
We had roughly 60 new members since late April. Wondering how many are going to stick around after it's all said and done.  ;D

+1

Vesanic

Putting 0925 in plain sight feels too obvious for it to be the release date. Could be wrong obvs.

Maybe whatever's in the plans will go up at 09:25?

wbasmith

You guys are building up my hype so bad, just want something confirmed from them. Album art and a teaser would be ideal.

Well actually a single would be ideal but I won't complain

wbasmith

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 06:49 PM
Putting 0925 in plain sight feels too obvious for it to be the release date. Could be wrong obvs.

30mins...

rainnyx4

It's only too obvious to a bunch of obsessive fans like us, the average person visiting the site isn't going to notice anything (are there average people even visiting their site?). We should stop acting like we're dealing in state secrets here. This is a band, and they're just trying to drum up interest for their art in their fans, which clearly has worked.

ChubbyChino

The full dot image is here: https://www.deftones.com/sites/g/files/g2000005441/f/202008/wLJ2C.png

So it turns out the dot image is inside a "block" called  'album-artwork-release', which is hidden at this moment:

Is this the album cover? Idk, but it's for sure related to the album artwork as the name says.

(sorry mods if this is against the rules)

wbasmith

Vesanic

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Aug 14, 2020, 06:53 PM
It's only too obvious to a bunch of obsessive fans like us, the average person visiting the site isn't going to notice anything (are there average people even visiting their site?).

I would have thought the same but, in the link?

And uh yeah, a lot of average people visit bands' websites...

LG95

Giving away a release date isn't really that much though if the full reveal is coming in the next few hours. It's a tantalising clue I guess.

Vesanic

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 14, 2020, 07:02 PM

Giving away a release date isn't really that much though if the full reveal is coming in the next few hours. It's a tantalising clue I guess.

I'm not holding my breath for a full reveal. Remember how they revealed the Diamond Eyes cover artwork bit by bit in a series of videos? I don't think we even had the release date by then.

0925 could be random page number which I'm way more inclined to believe.

LG95

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 07:03 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Aug 14, 2020, 07:02 PM

I'm not holding my breath for a full reveal. Remember how they revealed the Diamond Eyes cover artwork bit by bit in a series of videos? I don't think we even had the release date by then.
You might be right. To me, 0925 fits just well enough to seem like a major clue but not enough to give you anything else.

I'm not expecting a single today. Other than that, it's hard to tell. It might be that this is it for today and the band maybe post an announcement date on their socials?

Matthewtheloser

I don't know, I have a feeling this is going to be the album reveal. You're redirected to this page no matter what address you put in, even just going to deftones.com takes you there. I doubt they would have this teaser up for a substantial amount of time where you can't access anything else on the site, you can't even go to purchase tickets for the upcoming tour. Plus the fact that this is the only accessible page on the website definitely points to this being some sort of big drop.

Vesanic

LG95

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 14, 2020, 07:10 PM
I don't know, I have a feeling this is going to be the album reveal. You're redirected to this page no matter what address you put in, even just going to deftones.com takes you there. I doubt they would have this teaser up for a substantial amount of time where you can't access anything else on the site, you can't even go to purchase tickets for the upcoming tour. Plus the fact that this is the only accessible page on the website definitely points to this being some sort of big drop.
Yeah it does seem like there's something big coming very soon.

Also - Friday's the ideal day to announce a single to be premiered on Daniel P Carter's Sunday night radio show. Just a theory.

ChubbyChino

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 14, 2020, 07:16 PM
Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 14, 2020, 07:10 PM
I don’t know, I have a feeling this is going to be the album reveal. You’re redirected to this page no matter what address you put in, even just going to deftones.com takes you there. I doubt they would have this teaser up for a substantial amount of time where you can’t access anything else on the site, you can’t even go to purchase tickets for the upcoming tour. Plus the fact that this is the only accessible page on the website definitely points to this being some sort of big drop.
Yeah it does seem like there's something big coming very soon.

Also - Friday's the ideal day to announce a single to be premiered on Daniel P Carter's Sunday night radio show. Just a theory.

Indeed, as I said, every page redirects to that, that page is called 'Album artwork release', its URL is /0925 (Sept. 25) and has a hidden block with the dotted image on it. It's coming up today probably.
https://www.deftones.com/sites/g/files/g2000005441/f/202008/wLJ2C.png