Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yossarian

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 14, 2020, 10:59 PM
Do you guys think they'll be updating the image in the website everyday or every other couple of days? Idk how they did it with Gore when they were teasing the artwork

Did slow rollout became their brand gimmick over time? Like in 2010 it took almost a week to decode that fucking owl.

This already has format of LP cover. Maybe what will be revealed next days are a layers of pixels in different colours.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Vesanic

Not trolling, there's a random snare hit at 0:18

nicklav

Could be an interlude or something like that from the album. Feels sort of Team Sleepish to me,

sharinglungs

Gaz

RaptureWS

Whatever this is, it does line up with Tokyo mentioning the music  had some "synthy" and "ominous" sounds. So far this rollout matches those descriptions.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Matthewtheloser

I honestly think the midi thing is a dead end. Technically that site can produce several different songs for that same image depending on how you have the settings set.

Vesanic

I used the HQ pic from the website though. Feels like there's something beyond, I may be too hopeful. No way this is going to be on the album though.

It could still be an absolute coincidence.

sharinglungs

Maybe they'll reveal the album art over the weekend and have the single out on Tuesday? That would be nice. lol..

Vesanic

Apparently someone in the Brazilian community was able to read braille off it and it translates to "Darkness" (remember "complete black"?)

Matthewtheloser

Damn, that's a really long-winded way to communicate a single word. I didn't realize Braille was so horribly inefficient

Yossarian

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 11:40 PM
Apparently someone in the Brazilian community was able to read braille off it and it translates to "Darkness" (remember "complete black"?)

Doing "search image in Google" on this image guides me to Wikipedia definition of darkness. Coincidental but cool.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

N0S3BLEED976

damn dis album gonna be dark an heavy as fuuuuuck then, stephen finna got his way looool gore sucked aaaasss

HURRIANCE_6ASS

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 14, 2020, 11:54 PM
damn dis album gonna be dark an heavy as fuuuuuck then, stephen finna got his way looool gore sucked aaaasss
New album is gonna be a deathcore album for sure. Call that Defcore

Matthewtheloser

Or maybe this "complete black" thing is their way of telling us that they are going completely black metal.

Sleeping_Giant

Now everything makes sense - that is why Behemoth changed their FB profile picture just like Blacktones :o

sharinglungs

I dont remember seeing it before, but all the javacript files are now linked on the main website... and one has a music player with an autoplay for an audio file... there's no audio file, but its there and ready.

Quote<div class="sc-player-engine-container"><audio preload="auto"></audio></div>

plagasx

Yea, definitely think we'll get something this weekend