Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Royal

sharinglungs

Quote from: Royal on Aug 16, 2020, 01:46 AM
Darn thought I was on to something lol.

That's just the theme they use for Drupal.

Vesanic

sharinglungs

oh shit.. .we have a magic phrase? hot diggity dog...

There Will Be Blood

Vesanic

There Will Be Blood

I was thinking earlier we all should be thankful that the boys blessed us with so much content over the years.  Just think if they would have released Eros this would be the 10th Album we will receive. That's just amazing to think about, It's been a hell of a ride for 32 years.

Sicario

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 16, 2020, 02:27 AM
I was thinking earlier we all should be thankful that the boys blessed us with so much content over the years.  Just think if they would have released Eros this would be the 10th Album we will receive. That's just amazing to think about, It's been a hell of a ride for 32 years.

Damn. When you say 32 years like that it really hits home. One hell of a career.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

nicklav

Not having access to this thread or any internet  all day because of a power outage was not fun. Glad to see things continued pretty much the same as always...

Sicario

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 16, 2020, 04:36 AM
Not having access to this thread or any internet  all day because of a power outage was not fun. Glad to see things continued pretty much the same as always...

Indeed. The frantic decoding attempts and speculation continued unabated  :D
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

976-EVIL

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 16, 2020, 12:16 AM
I kind of like having the new people around, expect when they fucking want something. But it's cool to see new/younger fans really getting into Deftones, or older fans finally seeing an opinion so outrageous that after 8 years of lurking they made an account just to say 'NO YOU ARE WRONG". It's fun lol.

I know it's difficult for the mods, but we appreciate the hard work. In fact, I would consider donating if there was a way. It would be around album release and wouldn't be much, but if there is any way I can help I would love to. I know I get "cringey" and emo and rant-y, etc etc but *generally* everyone has always been cool. I love this place. Even my family knows what SharingLungs is :)

100% Brother!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Inkblades

Adrenaline = Pablo Honey
Around the Fur = The Bends
White Pony = OK Computer
Deftones = Amnesiac
Saturday Night Wrist = Hail to the Thief
Diamond Eyes = In Rainbows
Koi No Yokan = A Moon Shaped Pool
Gore = The King of Limbs
Album Nine = Kid A?

What do you think, tokyodrifter? Am I off base with this? You said the new one is synthy. Kid A is pretty synthy. Or is Eros Kid A? It's kind of amazing how they line up, honestly.

P.S. - I'm not throwing shade at either Gore or The King of Limbs. I consider both of them to be albums that are divisive but, in actuality, great.

976-EVIL

So since we are all anticipating a great Album and we probably would be challenged to find a tighter sphincter for some new TONES!!!

Let's change the subject....

Who wins in a Fight?
Bill the Butcher or Daniel Plainview?

Inkblades

In a fight? Bill the Butcher easily. Plainview is a schemer, but Bill would leave a hatchet stuck in Plainview's throat before he ever had a chance to concoct a plan. Sorry, There Will Be Blood, I'm only speaking facts!

There Will Be Blood is a better film than Gangs, though...and this is coming from a Scorsese fanboy.

ConcealingFate92

Got excited enough to log in again  :D

Hope everyone is safe in these trying times. Two more hours
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

976-EVIL

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 16, 2020, 08:13 AM
In a fight? Bill the Butcher easily. Plainview is a schemer, but Bill would leave a hatchet stuck in Plainview's throat before he ever had a chance to concoct a plan. Sorry, There Will Be Blood, I'm only speaking facts!

There Will Be Blood is a better film than Gangs, though...and this is coming from a Scorsese fanboy.

Absolutely on point Ink! However as a schemer, DP would have likely sized up William and shot him before he could get close enough. Although not his style. Might have even drank his milkshake...with Abe?

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 16, 2020, 08:04 AM
So since we are all anticipating a great Album and we probably would be challenged to find a tighter sphincter for some new TONES!!!

Let's change the subject....

Who wins in a Fight?
Bill the Butcher or Daniel Plainview?

Dude the butcher all the way!!

There Will Be Blood

Gangs is a great film but there will be be blood is better movie over all. Also remember Johnny green wood did the music of there will be blood was fantastic!!!!! Gangs kinda fell apart in the end. Still one of my favorite movies. I love Daniel day Lewis he's a amazing actor.

There Will Be Blood

Sorry for the typos I'm super drunk.  Cheers people!!