Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

The artwork will be beach related. The album has seagulls in the music and I just remembered that one pic they posted early 2019 with the seagulls flying over the garbage.

RaptureWS

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 19, 2020, 07:26 PM
Tonight? Yes yes

Yesterday was not a good day. Today has been awesome so far! IDk if Thatdeftkid was legit, but I'll be ecstatic if we get a single on Friday. Even if not, I'm so stoked the album is 37 days away. After this long and arduous wait, we are finally reaching the destination!!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Draken

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Where was that?

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2020, 07:31 PM
The artwork will be beach related. The album has seagulls in the music and I just remembered that one pic they posted early 2019 with the seagulls flying over the garbage.

Vesanic

deftkid are you legit? Guess you're in the know in some way

RaptureWS

And I have been saying something "nature" related. Beach definitely counts. Though, I've also been saying very dark colors. Beach doesn't fit that description. I was half right ;)

thatdeftkid

RaptureWS

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 19, 2020, 07:35 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2020, 07:33 PM

Beach related is close.

I've been saying "nature related with a very dark color scheme". Is that close at all?

Formant

I get the connection with the birds and garbage, but from what we've been shown it seems like the website/billboard art is the cover. Makes more sense with how heavy and dark the album is reported to be-- beach art wouldn't fit. Plus, the seagulls were only mentioned as present in one track.

LG95

I could float here forever

Matthewtheloser

I can't lie, this went from one of the most infuriating rollouts to being one of the most creative and fun. At the end of the day, the desired goal is still hearing new Deftones, but the hunt and uncovering all of these clues has been a fun past time in and of itself.

Inkblades

I was hoping the crying eyes would be the cover. Not sure how I feel about seagulls and the beach, although it obviously fits thematically with the seagull song.

Draken

@thatdeftkid
@tokyodrifter

will there be any guest appearances on the new album, other than seagulls.

nicklav

Formant

If the art is as the billboard shows (a human face made of dots), that actually fits well with the supposed album title.

With the underscores on the billboard, it also seems like they may be going for an "electronic" mood regarding album art (more possible connection to title). Kinda like computer code. May be a hint for future music videos.

Draken

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 19, 2020, 07:35 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2020, 07:33 PM

Beach related is close.

The album cover is actually Stephen pumping iron at Muscle Beach in Venice by his nearby home in L.A. It'll look something like this:

BallZDeeP