Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buflen

Vesanic

It seemed more like he was playing it off as a joke during the sessions, and I think he said something to that tone during an interview or two... could have just been a consequence of the darker days that were ahead.

buflen

Quote from: buflen on Aug 19, 2020, 09:51 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2020, 09:43 PM
Chi had repeatedly said about the S/T that it sucked.
While promoting the album?
I know a lot of people love S/T, but for me it was one of the biggest let down of my life, after waiting so long for the album. I guess I overhyped it and I ended up liking it, but I very rarely go back to it.

nicklav

buflen

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2020, 09:53 PM
It seemed more like he was playing it off as a joke during the sessions, and I think he said something to that tone during an interview or two... could have just been a consequence of the darker days that were ahead.
Well, Stef did mention some members of the band disliking certain older albums while explaining his comment on Gore.

Vesanic

I've said it recently, the main riff of Hexagram is my favorite piece of work by Stephen. Maybe after Pink Maggit.

I'm fine if this thread drifts to a self-titled discussion  8)

wbasmith

What time did we get the street carp announcement? wondering if we'll get anything else today, 11pm here though :(

imbrie

Quote from: wbasmith on Aug 19, 2020, 10:01 PM
What time did we get the street carp announcement? wondering if we'll get anything else today, 11pm here though :(

Around about this timieish.

sharinglungs

7PM EDT. It's currently 6PM EDT.

wbasmith

Adrenaline > everything else (fight me)

Abe goes so hard and its the only album that can scratch that certain itch. The others have similarities with another album in the discog that they can scratch eachothers itches

Draken

I consider Self Titled to be my favorite album, but not their best... if that makes sense. Technically I think WP is their best.

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 19, 2020, 10:00 PM
I've said it recently, the main riff of Hexagram is my favorite piece of work by Stephen. Maybe after Pink Maggit.

I'm fine if this thread drifts to a self-titled discussion  8)

wbasmith

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 19, 2020, 10:02 PM

7PM EDT. It's currently 6PM EDT.

Thank you Mr. Lungs

Matthewtheloser

S/T has some of my all time favorites on it. Hexagram, Minerva, Deathblow, When Girls Telephone Boys, and Anniversary Of An Uninteresting Event are all mandatory rotation for me whenever listening to Deftones. Honestly, that performance of Anniversary at the Chi benefit show may be my favorite Deftones performance

There Will Be Blood

Needles and Pins at 1:36 my favorite Steph riff when chino starts screaming. Didn't Steph play bass during this song?

nicklav

Chino's vocals on Moana are sublime. Second only to Lovers IMO. He really perfected the ethereal haunting melodies on those songs.

wbasmith

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 19, 2020, 10:04 PM
Needles and Pins at 1:36 my favorite Steph riff when chino starts screaming. Didn't Steph play bass during this song?

he did, dunno why though

sharinglungs

How good would lovers sound if it had the same production as Hexagram....

Vesanic

@nicklav Love Lovers choruses vocal wise, so sharp

@draken, Pony's my favorite, ATF is their best imo

nicklav

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 19, 2020, 10:06 PM
How good would lovers sound if it had the same production as Hexagram....

Honestly I would take that over Eros, haha.