Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: plagasx on Sep 03, 2020, 12:26 AM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 03, 2020, 12:19 AM
Quote from: plagasx on Sep 02, 2020, 11:40 PM
2nd Single on Friday. I know because I just know.

:) incorrect.

You know something don't you.
He posted something a while back saying that he had a reputable tip about when the single would drop, but later edited the post to leave out the juicy details. Without just outright saying the date, let's just say it maybe possibly might not be dropping on either 9/4 or 9/11.

Vesanic

Regardless of a leak happening or not, I'm pretty glad it still hasn't considering the hype behind it. At this point, if it does happen, it'll either come from a journalist or someone working on the pressing, as I believe it usually does.

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Sep 03, 2020, 01:04 AM
Quote from: plagasx on Sep 03, 2020, 12:26 AM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 03, 2020, 12:19 AM
Quote from: plagasx on Sep 02, 2020, 11:40 PM
2nd Single on Friday. I know because I just know.

:) incorrect.

You know something don't you.
He posted something a while back saying that he had a reputable tip about when the single would drop, but later edited the post to leave out the juicy details. Without just outright saying the date, let's just say it maybe possibly might not be dropping on either 9/4 or 9/11.

Wouldn't that be kinda weird to drop a single just one week before the  whole record is out ?

Damn, where is TokyoDrifter when we need him

sharinglungs

Yep. It's not coming this week or next. Basically confirmed from the same place that the song titles came from.

Before the dates just said "Unknown". I checked late sunday night/early monday morning and it showed the confirmed date.

I'm assuming the release date is to hype up the week before release and if there's a leak, hope it'll distract people from it?

Matthewtheloser

It's not entirely unheard of for a band to drop a single a week before album release, lots of bands do it. That being said, usually when I see that happen, it tends to be a third single or something.

976-EVIL

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 03, 2020, 01:24 AM
Yep. It's not coming this week or next. Basically confirmed from the same place that the song titles came from.

Before the dates just said "Unknown". I checked late sunday night/early monday morning and it showed the confirmed date.

I'm assuming the release date is to hype up the week before release and if there's a leak, hope it'll distract people from it?

Interesting, and your last comment make sense.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Inkblades

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Sep 03, 2020, 01:28 AM
It's not entirely unheard of for a band to drop a single a week before album release, lots of bands do it. That being said, usually when I see that happen, it tends to be a third single or something.

They did it with Hearts/Wires, which dropped four days before Gore's release.

sharinglungs

So obviously it's September 18th. It probably wasnt supposed to be known yet, but apparently the music recognition site we used to identify the leaks, let this one out a little early.

imbrie

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 03, 2020, 02:00 AM
So obviously it's September 18th. It probably wasnt supposed to be known yet, but apparently the music recognition site we used to identify the leaks, let this one out a little early.

Thanks for the info, man.

Matthewtheloser

What if homeboy from the B-Real podcast is actually mistaken thinking Genesis is the next single and it's actually the third single? What if thatdeftkid is actually right about a single dropping this Friday? sharinglungs, have you tried plugging in any other leaks into AHA to see if they come up with an earlier date?

Vesanic

thatdeftkid changed his stance once on what the song would be...

sharinglungs

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Sep 03, 2020, 02:09 AM
What if homeboy from the B-Real podcast is actually mistaken thinking Genesis is the next single and it's actually the third single? What if thatdeftkid is actually right about a single dropping this Friday? sharinglungs, have you tried plugging in any other leaks into AHA to see if they come up with an earlier date?

I did and nothing comes up.

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 03, 2020, 02:11 AM
thatdeftkid changed his stance once on what the song would be...
Yeah, but hypothetically if Genesis is actually the third single, then it's possible Urantia could be the 2nd single and drop this Friday after all. Once again, this is just me spitballing ideas based on the notion that a single dropped a week before release tends to be a third single. I'm not necessarily giving thatdeftkid's predictions any credence since they were wrong about other things too such as the album art. I guess I'm just entertaining the possibility that there could be a single in between Ohms and Genesis

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 03, 2020, 02:14 AM
Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Sep 03, 2020, 02:09 AM

I did and nothing comes up.
Shit. In that case, I think it's safe to assume for now that that Genesis is the only other single

sharinglungs

Every 2 weeks before release would be a good release schedule for singles. It allows for 3, and lots of time to talk about the songs... but I don't think it's gonna happen.. I wish it would though.

Roidragee

Only one song that is not on AHA is Radiant City, so unless that song is a single we will just have 2 singles. Which im totally fine with since there's 10 tracks on the album

Matthewtheloser

That was exactly what I was thinking, it seems like a nice and tidy way of slowly trickling things out, and mirrors what I see lots of other bands doing. But as we all know, Deftones has their own way of doing things that are (sometimes infuriatingly) not like other bands. At this point, I'm not expecting anything until 9/25.

And yeah Roidragee, I considered the possibility that much like Ohms, they might use another non-leaked song as a single. If that's the case, I think it's clever of Chino to not have broadcasted the songs he knew would be singles

Jdubzor

I feel we'll only get one more single, you'd think they would like to leave some mystery to the album and not release too much.

Guess we'll see.

LG95

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Sep 03, 2020, 02:30 AM
That was exactly what I was thinking, it seems like a nice and tidy way of slowly trickling things out, and mirrors what I see lots of other bands doing. But as we all know, Deftones has their own way of doing things that are (sometimes infuriatingly) not like other bands. At this point, I'm not expecting anything until 9/25.

And yeah Roidragee, I considered the possibility that much like Ohms, they might use another non-leaked song as a single. If that's the case, I think it's clever of Chino to not have broadcasted the songs he knew would be singles
Ohms was broadcast.
I could float here forever

Matthewtheloser

My bad. I was under the impression it wasn't. I have only heard one of the leaks, so I'm really unsure of exactly what was already floating around out there. Speaking of which, what exactly are all the songs that were leaked?