Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

I can't really recommend much heavy music because I don't listen to much other than my favorites which are obviously Deftones. I love old school shit I guess: Meshuggah, Failure, Hum, Tool, etc. The newest Idiot Pilot that came out of nowhere last year and the new Will Haven was ace.

Here's some downtempo shit to calm you down  ;D

Moon Diagrams - 2019 Trappy Bats mini LP is dope. It's the drummer for Deerhunter, another band you should check out. [edit: I just read that this album was recorded after a "reflective night in jail"]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsWsbuaU5M

and though I'm not huge King Krule fan I love his Archy Marshall album and this song from his new 2020 album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWnK2t_FxrY

Inkblades

Quote from: Draken on Sep 07, 2020, 07:54 PM
Moon Diagrams - 2019 Trappy Bats mini LP is dope. It's the drummer for Deerhunter, another band you should check out. [edit: I just read that this album was recorded after a "reflective night in jail"]

This is chill. Reminds me of some of Akira Yamaoka's mellower Silent Hill music.

Draken

Yesssss, I love Akira Yamaoka's work. If you want "atmospheric" then he is the GOAT.

Speaking of Silent Hill, I have something to share on the board  ;) but I'll have to do it later because I'm working right now.

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 07, 2020, 08:55 PM

This is chill. Reminds me of some of Akira Yamaoka's mellower Silent Hill music.

LG95

You all should be listening to Underneath by Code Orange.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

I tried, but I can't get into them.

sharinglungs

When do you guys think we'll get the 30 second previews?

Draken

SMLiberator

been listening to Loathe a lot lately, its helping me get through the new album hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_vW8jN454
this song sounds obscenely alike pink maggit, and chino tweeted one of their songs once which is cool. their heavy shit also slaps
i'm confused??

LG95

I like the Loathe album although I think it's been a tad overrated by a lot of people.
I could float here forever

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 07, 2020, 11:30 PM

I don't remember 30 second previews for Gore. Maybe there will be no Ohms previews either.

I remember couple of things before Gore release:

-> greGORErio - some funny guy who leaked interesting facts about the album ~2 months before the release date. No one belived him but all he said was correct;
-> it leaked just ~ 3-4 days before the official release (TokyoDrifer was chasing people to get a link)
-> SL community loved the production at the beginning :D
-> someone said H/T sounds like Pink Floyd lol
-> hype was bigger

Visionz

Ummmm yeah they totally sound like they asked the band if they could write that intro and use pink Maggitt to walk on through this track. And that's why I couldn't listen anymore sorry I'm glad you like it but it's so obscenely the same as you said :-\
NOT AN ACCIDENT but Obviously a tribute so I won't hate

Sicario

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Sep 08, 2020, 01:06 AM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 07, 2020, 11:30 PM

I don't remember 30 second previews for Gore. Maybe there will be no Ohms previews either.

I remember couple of things before Gore release:

-> greGORErio - some funny guy who leaked interesting facts about the album ~2 months before the release date. No one belived him but all he said was correct;
-> it leaked just ~ 3-4 days before the official release (TokyoDrifer was chasing people to get a link)
-> SL community loved the production at the beginning :D
-> someone said H/T sounds like Pink Floyd lol
-> hype was bigger

I too remember greGORErio. He said something about Rubicon too I think? Maybe posted a picture of the vehicle? I don't remember 30 second clips for Gore. Maybe it's a thing of the past. I remember them for KNY. I kept playing the one for Gauze over and over. It was so different from everything on DE. Loved it. Im guessing we won't get them for Ohms.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

RaptureWS

I remember previews for kny but not Gore. Also I feel like the hype for alms was bigger first but now it's really chilled out. I think people are just as hyped but they are a little cautious because of how divisive Gore sounded. All I know is that when ohms releases this place is going to go crazy. It's impossible to know what the critics will think but I'm almost certain this one is going to bring back a lot of the old fans. I cannot wait for that day :)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Visionz

"Old fans" sounds strange to me as far as Deftones goes.... cant imagine being a fan and not and again being a fan. Its a certain taste i think no matter wt. who cares abt em anyways whoever they r. WE can celebrate the new record and the rest of this history for all i care. They r casual i guess like with anything

buflen

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 07, 2020, 10:15 AM
Some of you guys are embarrassing yourselves.
For talking about a deftones album on a deftones board?

laurapalmer

Quote from: buflen on Sep 08, 2020, 04:57 AM

Sure, let's go with that

plagasx

I think when people say it will bring back the "Old Fans" they are referring to fans PRE Diamond Eyes. I think their sound is pretty different compared to anything before Diamond Eyes. I guess I would fall in to the older fans category even though I love Diamond Eyes's sound lol.

film_maker

I can't really recommend much heavy music because I don't listen to much other than my favorites which are obviously Deftones. I love old school shit I guess: Meshuggah, Failure, Hum, Tool, etc. The newest Idiot Pilot that came out of nowhere last year and the new Will Haven was ace.

Here's some downtempo shit to calm you down  ;D

and though I'm not huge King Krule fan I love his Archy Marshall album and this song from his new 2020 album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWnK2t_FxrY

Just logged to thank you about the info regarding the new Idiot Pilot album....I didnt know they released it. Listening now and it blew me away.

Also,  I will give a shot to this Moon Diagrams album since I enjoy Deerhunter a lot.

buflen

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 08, 2020, 05:06 AM
Quote from: buflen on Sep 08, 2020, 04:57 AM

Sure, let’s go with that
Hey, if you ask me, you are the one embarrassing yourself by being condescending and bringing nothing of merit.

There Will Be Blood

What's up guys? Sorry been traveling back home. I've been in the dark, any time line for the next signal?