Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

If you guys are looking for other things to listen to in the meantime, The Ocean's new album is also set to be released on 9/25/2020, same day as Ohms. They're an awesome prog/post-metal band from Germany. They're just tops, the bee's knees, the cat's meow, if you will. I think Deftones fans should enjoy them.

Here's a song from the upcoming album.

https://youtu.be/BPMrwSwl8is
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

imbrie

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Sep 08, 2020, 06:09 AM
What's up guys? Sorry been traveling back home. I've been in the dark, any time line for the next signal?

Yep, the 18th.

sharinglungs

Deftones.com updated with a mailing list. Probably just to keep updated with tour dates, merch, etc..

xoandef

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 08, 2020, 03:51 PM
Deftones.com updated with a mailing list. Probably just to keep updated with tour dates, merch, etc..

On Instagram stories too.

"We'll look out for you''

I would like they tease us something by mail instead of a new single.

sharinglungs

Those new shirts are awful, hopefully they'll have better ones after the album releases.

Inkblades

They are better than some of the Gore shirts at least, IMO.

Inkblades

Pretty exciting that review called Ohms their magnum opus. I'm sure many will disagree and still say White Pony is their magnum opus, but I do think Ohms is definitely going to be considered one of their best and many will rank it at no. 2 after White Pony.

GR1X7S

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 08, 2020, 05:33 PM
Pretty exciting that review called Ohms their magnum opus. I'm sure many will disagree and still say White Pony is their magnum opus, but I do think Ohms is definitely going to be considered one of their best and many will rank it at no. 2 after White Pony.

DIY mag or is there another review posted?

Inkblades

GR1X7S

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 08, 2020, 05:42 PM
Upset Magazine.

Oh nice. Hopefully someone will be able to scan it soon.

E-Money

I've been listening to a lot of self-titled lately just to get excited for a new Terry Date  record.

Love the end of Battle -Axe when Chinos guitar comes in. Such a beautiful moment. The drums and guitars are mixed so perfectly.  Glad they finally started playing this one at shows the last few years. It's a beautiful dark song.

GR1X7S

Quote from: E-Money on Sep 08, 2020, 05:44 PM
I've been listening to a lot of self-titled lately just to get excited for a new Terry Date  record.

Love the end of Battle -Axe when Chinos guitar comes in. Such a beautiful moment. The drums and guitars are mixed so perfectly.  Glad they finally started playing this one at shows the last few years. It's a beautiful dark song.

The production throughout that record is just amazing.  It has a gloomy haze to it that really sets the mood and builds atmosphere

Draken

Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah I figured some had still not known about it yet. I was lucky enough to see it, I forgot how I found out but nevertheless it was a very pleasant surprise! Mammoth is just pure awesome.

Deerhunter live is amazing btw. I saw Bradford Cox sneaking in to put more of his artwork up for sale at the merch booth and I was like 10 feet away from him but unfortunately this girl grabbed him for a picture and then afterwards he ran off backstage. Moses Archuleta is amazing on drums, definitely check out Moon Diagrams.

Quote from: film_maker on Sep 08, 2020, 03:19 AM
Just logged to thank you about the info regarding the new Idiot Pilot album....I didnt know they released it. Listening now and it blew me away.

Also,  I will give a shot to this Moon Diagrams album since I enjoy Deerhunter a lot.

Inkblades

Oh, yeah, the newest Idiot Pilot is solid. Some songs with Deftones vibes (as well as some Radiohead vibes and Blur vibes), so definitely check it out. Kind of a shame they aren't more popular.

ChubbyChino

While the new album doesn't come, check out this band from NZ that sounds a lot like Deftones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XoOoGfZujk

976-EVIL

Battle Axe is a personal favorite. Such an under rated track. The groove and lyrics are near perfection.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Draken

As you might can tell I love that song, personal favorite of mine as well. I liked its original title You Hate Fun lol. I used to loop the 30 sec clip over and over and over again. Gah I hope we don't get any clips before the release of Ohms... I really don't have the willpower to not listen to them all and I'm trying to wait until the 25th.  :P

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Sep 08, 2020, 06:33 PM

Battle Axe is a personal favorite. Such an under rated track. The groove and lyrics are near perfection.

E-Money

Quote from: Draken on Sep 08, 2020, 06:45 PM
As you might can tell I love that song, personal favorite of mine as well. I liked its original title You Hate Fun lol. I used to loop the 30 sec clip over and over and over again. Gah I hope we don't get any clips before the release of Ohms... I really don't have the willpower to not listen to them all and I'm trying to wait until the 25th.  :P

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Sep 08, 2020, 06:33 PM

Totally I feel the same way! It has such a beautiful slow paced tempo to it... and still sounds massive . Then the lyrics have a sense of calmness to them. Like he's been through the ringer with this bitch and done. Very heavy.