Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Can't wait to hear Chino tell all of us the fuck off on This Link Is Dead!

Far away

Inkblades

It's like the Hum album? 5/10 from Smugthony Knowitalltano confirmed.

plagasx

What's HUM? And why should it excite me that he said that?

Inkblades

Quote from: plagasx on Sep 08, 2020, 10:38 PM

Hum is a band from the 90's that was an influence on Deftones. They recently put out a very solid album after a very long hiatus called Inlet.

Draken

This is HUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0lfDQc4P6o

I'm enjoying their new album Inlet quite a lot actually.

LG95

Inlet's a great record. It'll definitely be in my top twenty come the end of the year.
I could float here forever

buflen

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 08, 2020, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Anthony Fantano encourage people to make their own opinion on albums and not taking his as face value. Well, from his video alone, I don't care about his social medias.

Inkblades

Quote from: buflen on Sep 08, 2020, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Anthony Fantano encourage people to make their own opinion on albums and not taking his as face value. Well, from his video alone, I don't care about his social medias.

Yes, yes - we know it's just his opinion, right? Of course, of course...but if he gives our precious Deftones' new album Ohms a bad review, we riot.

buflen

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 08, 2020, 11:23 PM

Yes, yes - we know it's just his opinion, right? Of course, of course...but if he gives our precious Deftones' new album Ohms a bad review, we riot.
If someone else's opinion makes you that mad, you are either insecure in your own opinion, or need a thicker skin. I don't trust reviews in general and prefer to make my own opinion, except if the consensus of everyone is that its shit, then I don't bother.

Inkblades

Quote from: buflen on Sep 08, 2020, 11:36 PM

If someone else's opinion makes you that mad, you are either insecure in your own opinion, or need a thicker skin. I don't trust reviews in general and prefer to make my own opinion, except if the consensus of everyone is that its shit, then I don't bother.

I'm just joking around, man. I don't care what score he gives it. I mean, it would be nice if he likes it, but if not, so be it.

buflen

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 08, 2020, 11:41 PM

I'm just joking around, man. I don't care what score he gives it. I mean, it would be nice if he likes it, but if not, so be it.
Of course, I just saw a lot of hate here on Anthony Fantano. I respect him for telling his opinion without sugar coating it, even if I don't always agree and sometime fully disagree.  I prefer that over the reviews that are just nice to every artist, and give a 3/5 or 4/5 to most of them. At least he is entertaining.

and to be honest, I don't 100% disagree with his Gore review lol.

sharinglungs

Hope we get to hear a preview of Genesis on Friday!

ChubbyChino

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 09, 2020, 12:41 AM

Do you mean a YouTube teaser Or something like that?

Draken

Honestly don't care what critics say, I still enjoy watching Anthony's videos even though I rarely agree with him. I think the only album I love that he didn't completely shit on was Loveless. There's been many classic albums that were originally panned by critics, so it basically makes reviews purely entertainment for me.

Quote from: buflen on Sep 08, 2020, 11:49 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 08, 2020, 11:41 PM

Of course, I just saw a lot of hate here on Anthony Fantano. I respect him for telling his opinion without sugar coating it, even if I don't always agree and sometime fully disagree.  I prefer that over the reviews that are just nice to every artist, and give a 3/5 or 4/5 to most of them. At least he is entertaining.

and to be honest, I don't 100% disagree with his Gore review lol.

sharinglungs

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 09, 2020, 01:06 AM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 09, 2020, 12:41 AM

Do you mean a YouTube teaser Or something like that?

Either youtube or on Apple Music or something like that. Youtube would be cool

film_maker

Because their 1995 album inspired the White Pony cover and also the music (Knife Prty borrowed a little from this track).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6AK6iW4sHE&ab_channel=JACOBR8893

Visionz

Pretty sure they named the album and Frank Maddocks created the artwork. U think Chino asked him to make it like Hum's cover? Doesnt sound right to me. I think its a coincidence like any cover art with a mammal fearured on it. Just my opinion maybe. I just think that would be a little too obvious and so so so lacking creativity which is part of the fun for us and i would think for the band also.

all3n_y

Shot in the dark here, but for those that have heard most of the album, do you happen to know which song contains the lyric, *edited*

DenakDW

the one that starts with an "u"
And all the days I've missed you 🍂