Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

yeah, it's almost expected since its him

Jerry_Curls

Just saw Dark City for the first time.

I can totally see why a lot of people say The Matrix copied this film.

I really liked the style in Dark City.Very noir.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

ChickdelaLynch

Some movies I have seen in the past few months that I think are great:

Some Like It Hot
Full Metal Jacket
A Love Song For Bobby Long
Marie Antoinette

Ok, nevermind. I thought I had more.

oldgentlovecraft

The Seven Year Itch
Shaun of the Dead
Masters of Horror: Imprint (Miike)

Some recent watches.  The Seven Year Itch is one of my favorite movies of all time, as well as favorite comedies (tied with Friday).  Shaun of the Dead just plain rocks.  The Takashi Miike episode was good and not as bad as I thought it would be (if you've seen Visitor Q you'll know what I'm talking about) but the ending was a bit taboo and I think that's why it got banned.

Azwethinkweiz

I can't wait to see this new Jim Carrey movie. Looking forward to see him in a role like this.

A man whose life unravels after he comes into contact with an obscure book titled The Number 23. As he reads the book, he becomes increasingly convinced that it is based on his own life. His obsession with the number 23 starts to consume him, and he begins to realize the book forecasts far graver consequences for his life than he could have ever imagined.

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/thenumber23/trailer/

looks great!

black coffee

seriously, it looks good.

I just got Evil Bong.. gonna wait until the weekend to watch it, though.

download the trailer
quicktime is needed.

one weak

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Dec 07, 2006, 01:23 PM
I can't wait to see this new Jim Carrey movie. Looking forward to see him in a role like this.

A man whose life unravels after he comes into contact with an obscure book titled The Number 23. As he reads the book, he becomes increasingly convinced that it is based on his own life. His obsession with the number 23 starts to consume him, and he begins to realize the book forecasts far graver consequences for his life than he could have ever imagined.

looks great!
looks neat

defskull

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Dec 07, 2006, 01:23 PM

looks great!

Haha I love Jim Carrey but that poster just reminds me of Liar Liar.

Azwethinkweiz

^Haha !

here's the dvd cover for 'the texas chainsaw massacre: the beginnig'.

very cool.

An bád dubh

Okay, Need some help guys and gals.

This one girl is coming to my place tomorrow night and we're planning to watch a movie etc. Soooo, any tips about the movie? She loves horror, I on the other hand am scared to death of such genre. It can be a comedy, a drama, a thriller, anything, as long as it will be the best movie that she has ever seen.

Just let me know if my standards are too high for the movie okay.
And Thanks!

defskull

Please her, man.

Get some horror movie.

An bád dubh

Quote from: defskull on Dec 08, 2006, 07:19 PM
Please her, man.

Get some horror movie.
That is actually a great idea, even though it also really scares me at the same time...
Okay, so could someone give me an example of a good horror movie then, something a bit less known maybe, so that she hasn't seen it before. And also, please don't make it too scary, I truly do not want to cry from fear while watching it.

Edit. How about "From Dusk Till Dawn", I've heard great things about it. Is it all that?

Edit 2. Give me some otehr options as well, the place might not have that movie.

Edit 3. Well, too many edits already, but it seems that the movie is actually not all that.. So, a good horror movie is still needed.

defskull

I was about to recommend From Dusk Till Dawn before reading the edit.

I personally enjoy the movie.  It's a favorite of mine.  What are some other horror films she likes?

An bád dubh

Quote from: defskull on Dec 08, 2006, 10:00 PM
I was about to recommend From Dusk Till Dawn before reading the edit.

I personally enjoy the movie.  It's a favorite of mine.  What are some other horror films she likes?
Well, actually, I just met her for the first time on wednesday at a bar and we're now gonna spent tomorrow evening together at my place... Bit of food, bit of wine, bit of music, a good movie.. All I know is that she loves horror films, she also thinks that the newest horror films are not even that scary.

Hmm, From Dusk Till Dawn.. I've been reading about it and I keep seeing that it's okay but nothing special. Although some people seem to think taht it truly is very very good. I'm guessing that she has not seen it, and also, it seems that it's bit more than just "normal horror", so it could be good choice for the evening....
Umm.... maybe I should go with that..

An bád dubh

Okay, I think I found a suitable movie:

Dawn of the Dead

There are 2 versions, the original from I guess 1979 and the one from 2004. I watched the trailer to the one from 2004 and it's fucking scary, I don't think I can fall asleep tonight.. But yea, you guys seen this movie, is it good?

Hmm, for some reason I seem to trust the opinions of the fellow Sharinglungs members than the people on IMDB...

Azwethinkweiz

the 1979 version isnt really scary. it's still a classic though.

i'd go with the remake (2004). it's a great movie, good scares and decent gore.

the original is veeeeeery slow-paced so i dont think it would be suitable for a date movie.

defskull

But that's Romero's style. gotta respect.

Azwethinkweiz

yeah, definitely. I love the movie, but the remake is a better movie to watch with a chick.

i would say so atleast.

Sam

loooove the old one.  Way better.  I can actually...feel their situation and fear.  It's genuine.  Plus I love older horror movies.

one weak

yeah, she's gonna think you're a dolt if you watch the new one. if she really loves "horror," then go rent the '79.